Best Pranks You Ever Pulled

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Best Pranks You Ever Pulled

Postby Nordic » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:41 am

Cordelia » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:05 pm wrote:
Nordic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:41 pm wrote:Wow ... This brings back memories ... Some of them rather shameful. I've become such a nicer person over the decades ....

One that I got in trouble for. When I was in Jr high and my big sister was in high school we lived in a small town in the upper Midwest where my parents had bought a spooky old Victorian house. My sister was given the biggest upstairs bedroom which had a couple of dark, walk-in closets. One time I decided to scare the hell out of her and hid in one of the closets. I waited patiently, a very long time, for her to come into the room and finally approach the closet and open the door. I leaped out at her screaming and she nearly had a nervous breakdown. Shrieks, sobs, total terror. It was much worse than anything I had intended. I got in trouble for that one.

That house was spooky as fuck. One night while my parents were gone to some party and my sister was out with friends I tried to put myself to bed. While I was lying there I saw my own walk-in closet door suddenly open all the way up. I was terrified and literally paralyzed with fear.

I know what you mean; I think I had a borderline bully personality disorder as a teenager. Not good. :oops:
Now I'm very conscious of people's feelings.

I was never a bully. In any way. But I was clueless and sometimes thought things would be "funny" that would end up hurting people's feelings. Kind of awful to think of them.

On a lighter note, once in Wisconsin, after a big snowfall three of us decided to throw snowballs at passing cars. Most of them just stopped and moved on, and we'd laugh. But then one guy slams on his brakes, gets out of his car, and starts yelling at us. We looked him over and he demanded we get in his car!! He was very forceful and commanding and intimidating. We looked at each other and suddenly had the same idea -- to run like hell. He didn't chase after us. I always wondered -- were there kids who would have been intimidated into getting into his car? What would have happened to them?
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:34 am

Oh yeah, all the gym teachers were pervs. There was one that would always have this little Asian kid lying in his office sofa.

I did have a gym teacher that totally hated me because I had a Robert Smith-esque hairdo and refused to take off my combat boots or change into gym wear. One day we played dodge ball and bear in mind, I was always the last one standing in dodge ball. It came down to him and I at the end and he was heckling me in all of his jock splendor. I just chucked the ball I had at him square in the nuts and then the bell rang and I left him squirming on the floor. I won. Alpha male jock teacher lost. At least I was able to get the entire class to laugh their asses off!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cordelia » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:39 am

Sometimes serious endeavors can go awry and be misinterpreted as pranks. Which happened to me when I decided to make my own 'natural' shampoo using castile soap, some kind of oil and another additives I've long forgotten. I added new ingredients to the second (and last) batch to try out on a friend who was meticulous about her hair and make-up but always game at trying new beauty products. I'm not a chemist and don't understand why, but the shampoo coagulated and dried over her scalp, forming a concrete like helmet. My friend was furious and assumed I'd purposely made her look something like:

(It's a shame I didn't pay more attention because I probably could have sold the formula to NASA .)
Cordelia

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:06 am

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Cordelia » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:14 am

^^^ :jumping:

Unintended consequence of a private pranktice!
Cordelia

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:27 am

Probably too much information but I was watching NASA TV last night and children were asking questions live of some astronaut there in the space station -- too lazy to look up who the guy is. But I would have asked a lot of questions. Such as what do you do with your seed when you rub one out in micro-gravity?

Forget I said that. But that is what sprung to mind. Also, I swear I do not have a "dirty mind" at all. I also wondered what menstruation must be like in micro-gravity. All shit I'd never thought about before.

Since we're on the prank tip, I also wondered what would happen if one of the astronauts decided to say fuck this shit, come and get me and what would happen once they captured him and returned him to Earth.
82_28

Postby Cordelia » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:26 am

^^^
"Since we're on the prank tip, I also wondered what would happen if one of the astronauts decided to say fuck this shit, come and get me and what would happen once they captured him and returned him to Earth."

They tried, during the Moon Landing prank........

Cordelia

Postby 82_28 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:35 pm

This rules in so many ways.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05 ... mistake-t/

Prankster puts glasses on gallery floor - and visitors mistake them for art

A teenager decided to play a prank on art-lovers when visiting the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art this Week.

TJ Khayatan, 17, told BuzzFeed News he and his friends got the idea for the stunt after they had mixed opinions of the art on display: “Upon first arrival we were quite impressed with the artwork and paintings presented in the huge facility,” he said. “However, some of the ‘art’ wasn’t very surprising to some of us.”

He was particularly critical of one exhibit, which he described as a “stuffed animal on a gray blanket”.

“[We] questioned if this was really impressive to some of the nearby people,” he said.

TJ and his friends then decided to put a pair of glasses down on the floor to see how other visitors to the gallery would respond.

I did something like that once and it's been killing me to remember it the last two days.

Excellent prank though. Muy Exellente! I couldn't stop laughing when I heard about it.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:58 am

Not much of a prank but me and a friend several years ago came up with the idea when sitting in a bar with sports on. People would come in asking what the score was. Reply:

It's great.

No, do you know what the score of the game is?

It's great.

It was funny at the time at least. Nowadays oh yeah, they're up by 7 with three minutes to go. Back then was different for some reason.
82_28

Postby norton ash » Sat May 28, 2016 12:29 pm

Sick fucks... with lots of fans.

BLATANT ABUSE 05.24.16 8:40 PM ET
When YouTube Pranks Are Just Misogyny

A British social media user’s video of his girlfriend’s pain after she unwittingly used a tampon he had secretly coated with chili pepper is just the latest to play abuse for laughs.
Few would disagree that if a man pinches women’s asses in public, he is guilty of sexual harassment.
You’d also be hard-pressed to find someone who would condone rubbing a chili pepper on a woman’s tampon before she inserts it. And if a man were to convince his girlfriend that her child was seriously injured when the child was really fine, most people wouldn’t hesitate to call him a sociopath.
But when men engage in this behavior, film it, and post it online, they can disguise blatant acts of abuse as pranks.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ogyny.html
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby 82_28 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Good god, Norton. That is fucking awful. Pranks are meant to be harmless. That kind of shit about tampons and chile peppers is beyond the pale. Pranks should never do anyone harm, they're supposed to be funny and make everyone confused or at the very least laugh! I cannot believe someone would do such a thing. Pure sadism. I'm sure it is hella popular though and will be done again and again.

Pranks need to be original and harmless.

I chopped up some habaneros a couple years ago, not learning my lesson of washing my hands well. Went to take a piss and I was in pain for days. Can't imagine a tampon. Good christ. And then post it online. I won't even look. I'll take your word for it.
82_28

Postby norton ash » Sat May 28, 2016 6:15 pm

I chopped up some habaneros a couple years ago, not learning my lesson of washing my hands well. Went to take a piss and I was in pain for days.

Oh, jeebus, 82, I've done that. After chopping jalapenos... habaneros could only be worse. Then there was the time I was putting Absorbine Jr. liniment on an inner-thigh pulled muscle and got some on the old nutsack... owowowow.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby 82_28 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Back when habeneros became a known pepper for us nortes a prank was pulled on me because I would always brag that I could handle any kind of hot pepper. So my friends bought one and said eat the whole thing. Holy fuck! I guess I "handled it" but Jesus H Christ was the laugh on me.
82_28

Postby Cordelia » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Did Nikola Tesla Play a Practical Joke on Mark Twain’s Birthday?

"November 30th is the birthday of Mark Twain, the nom de plume of Samuel Langhorne Clemens. Known for his wit and books featuring unforgettable characters such as Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, and the “Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” Mark Twain was also a good friend of Nikola Tesla. So good that Tesla decided to have a little fun with him one day in his laboratory.
Tesla enjoyed many delightful evenings at dinner parties thrown at the fine Lexington Avenue brownstone of poet and editor Robert Underwood Johnson and his beautiful wife, Katharine. Among the “wide range of famous and lively luminaries” that adorned the Johnson’s home were Samuel Clemens, naturalist John Muir, and various musicians, actors, and actresses that routinely graced the New York stages. For his part, Tesla would regale the others with recitations of both poetry and his inventions, and commonly the evening would end with Mark Twain, Rudyard Kipling, Anton Dvořák or other guests following Tesla back to his laboratory to witness firsthand some of his electrical marvels.

One day Mark Twain dropped by the laboratory and Tesla decided to have a little fun with him. He asked Twain to step up on a small platform and then set the thing vibrating with his oscillator. Twain was thrilled by the gentle sensations running through his body.

“This gives you vigor and vitality,” he exclaimed.

After a short time Tesla warned Twain that he better come down now or risk the consequences.

“Not by a jugfull,” insisted Twain, “I am enjoying myself.”

Continuing to extol on the wonderful feeling for several more minutes Twain suddenly stopped talking. Looking pleadingly at Tesla he yelled:

“Quick, Tesla! Where is it?”

“Right over there,” Tesla responded calmly. Off Twain rushed to the restroom, embarrassed by his condition. Tesla smiled; the laxative effect of the vibrator was well known to the chuckling laboratory staff."

Mark Twain in Tesla’s Laboratory

http://www.davidjkent-writer.com/2013/1 ... -birthday/
Cordelia

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News