Merry Xmas! Sending out good holiday feelings to all.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Merry Xmas! Sending out good holiday feelings to all.

Postby 82_28 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:26 pm

Hilarious. My across the street neighbor has already tossed their Christmas tree. It's like a big fuck you to whatever memories welled up or happened. Get this fucker outta here is what it says to me.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:10 pm

82_28 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:26 pm wrote:Hilarious. My across the street neighbor has already tossed their Christmas tree. It's like a big fuck you to whatever memories welled up or happened. Get this fucker outta here is what it says to me.

HA! The other extreme I enjoy is when someone puts it out the week before Easter where it's just a pile of brown needles and crumbling branches. Makes me wanna scream, "Hey Jingle Dell, Christmas isn't supposed to last all year long!"

"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby OP ED » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Santa came through with the screens on the clutch. That's why I pay for premium delivery.

Christmas was a clusterfuck of nonsense and dramatic license, but that goes with the territory. My world is unaffected.

I hope all of you made the best of your times.

Good riddance 2016. See you at the start.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby Cordelia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:39 pm

stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:40 pm wrote:@Novem5er: Thanks for that fantastic clip! I can identify with that feeling. I wish this Christmas had lasted longer. :hug1:

@Cordelia: I hope you enjoyed your lasagna. We sure enjoyed ours! Hope the book was a good read, too. :hug1:

@PufPuf93: Thanks so much for watching our videos! Glad you enjoy them. Hope your holidays are happy too. You rock! :hug1:

@OP ED: Yes, I think it's important to wish everyone a Happy Christmas whether you like 'em or not! Hope yours was warm and happy. Hope you got your pipe screens too! :hug1:

@Iamwhomiam: Merry Christmas and best wishes to you too! I second your holiday greetings to our Jewish, Pagan and Wiccan members and to anyone else we neglected to mention, extend best wishes! Happy new year to you too! :hug1:

I know most people are probably all Christmased out, but I just wanted to share one more clip. This is from one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes which I really feel captured the generous spirit of how we should all try to treat one another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUEx-XqbB2M

Thanks! Still enjoying left-over lasagna. Finding the book ('Nutshell') a great ride provided by a great writer. I'm reading it esp. slow because I really don't want to finish (it's less than 200 pages) this very dark comedy w/its existential, empirical musings by a 'fetus'. But it's terrifying too, being born into this world; especially when born into dangerously dysfunctional families.

'Twilight Zone' was one of my favorite shows but I don't remember that episode about the Santa; thanks for including it! Some T.Z. themes were very poignant for that era.

(Sorry to be a Xmas tree scrooge but discarded trees make me sad & angry. Harvest, ship & sell beautiful trees, adorn them with lavish decorations, celebrate them as expressions of family, joy, holiday spirit, etc., and then strip them and throw them away. So symbolic of a careless, impermanent, throw-away culture. But as sad as the fate of once live trees, is this tale of homeless children's artificial trees.......
http://usuncut.com/news/state-departmen ... christmas/)

Enough gloom from me; Cheers to all at R.I. :thumbsup

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Elvis » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:14 pm

(alas, not mine)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:03 pm

Hey everyone, it's one week away! Just wondering what some of your plans are. We'll be celebrating on Christmas Eve. My sister, who just got married last month, is coming over with her husband to our place. We'll be dining on my wife's famous lasagna and hopefully drinking an Oregon red wine to match. We'll open presents afterward and sip some of my sister's most excellent egg nog. If all goes according to plan, should be a wonderful holiday!

I wish all of you a happy holiday season!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby DrEvil » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:22 pm

I'll be trying something new and exciting this year: x-mas with my brother's Fox loving, Trump voting in-laws. Should be one to remember.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:59 pm

@seemslikeadream: Thank you so much for those Christmas songs. That chipmunk indictment song was priceless! :rofl2

@DrEvil: Yikes! I hope they are rich enough to justify their support. Try not to bite your tongue too much this Xmas!
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby Cordelia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:25 am

Thank you Robert for refreshing this thread. I'll also be joining family for Xmas Eve; cook is replacing last year's lasagna w/stuffed shells in tomato sauce, maybe. Scaling way back this year and children have requested no gifts except as donations and a few small gifts for grandchildren.

One gift I ordered for the fam (and really looking forward to watching myself) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPC2kZQ9kwU

Plan for quiet Xmas day is to continue reading a fascinating narrative that reshapes the tale of Dinah from Genesis.

Sincere best wishes for safe and 'happy' holidays to everyone here!

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Grizzly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:31 pm

"And so this is Christmas, and what have you done..."
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Elvis » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:16 pm

I feel great because I just CANCELLED my Christmas plans. Instead of a dreaded exhausting journey to a family dinner, I'm staying home.

:yay

There was some teeth-gnashing from the slighted parties but once I made the decision, a weight lifted from me.

New plans: quiet, cozy evening with girlfriend. Haven't decided the menu yet (fish seems Christ-like), but it'll be good!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Cordelia » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:00 am

^^^Reading that made me feel Merry

:thumbsup The weight lifted from cancelling dreaded plans.........

(Don’t forget a loaf of

Image)

Cordelia

Postby Elvis » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:13 pm

It was decided we'll make a Christmas pizza or two. Got a nice Spanish red to go with.
Elvis

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:40 pm

@Cordelia: Hope those shells were delicious! I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a quiet and peaceful Christmas Day. We did stuff ourselves with lasagna Christmas Eve with our relatives, but Christmas Day was a quiet stroll through a nearby park. It was overcast, which made it feel more like winter than southern California usually does, and we were one of the few people walking along the lake, which was very peaceful. It was a day very similar to a couple years ago, when a relative of mine shot this short video of the birds around this tranquil park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDiycgQyGZE

@Grizzly: Too much and not nearly enough! I did listen to Lennon earlier this weekend, love that song.

@Elvis: Fantastic! Glad you had that weight lifted for your own peace of mind. Hope you enjoyed that pizza!
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News