Merry Xmas! Sending out good holiday feelings to all.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Merry Xmas! Sending out good holiday feelings to all.

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:16 pm

We just wanted to thank all of you who have watched our videos! We really have enjoyed what we’ve been doing this year sharing our travels and other adventures. It’s really touching when someone shows their appreciation for what we’re doing, so during this holiday season we wanted to let you all know: we appreciate you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3sGXw_SoTw
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Merry Xmas! Sending out good holiday feelings to all.

Postby Elvis » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:42 pm

All the best to you on the solstice funfest, SRP! I'm staying home this year and cooking shrimp fettucine with my gf. (You're all invited of course!)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Elvis » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:42 pm wrote:All the best to you on the solstice funfest, SRP! I'm staying home this year and cooking shrimp fettucine with my gf. (You're all invited of course!)

Thanks Elvis! That sounds absolutely mouthwatering. We'll be staying home too, hosting a party filled with vegetarian lasagna and a nice Oregon red to drink. Have fun!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:59 pm

We're swimming in the frozen sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHCZhUZXhZU

Good holiday feelings to everyone :hug1:
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby stefano » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:53 am

Merry Christmas to all, and best wishes for 2017.

Bit of a different seasonal vibe going here than what most of you are going through...

I'm still going to roast something fatty for Christmas dinner the way my European ancestors did, though.
stefano

Postby Grizzly » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:09 am

Sometimes, more often lately... Like today, I get a sense of ennui, or what the shrinks call a feeling of “world-weariness”  Having said that, I hate Holidays, can't wait until they're over, but that doesn't mean I don't wish others, well ..

So to those that believe, see family, and have community peace, then peace to you and yours.To those that don't I wish you may find some contentment or solace in whatever way you can.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby 82_28 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:32 pm

I am making fajitas and goat cheese stuffed jalapenos.

My Christmas present to all of you is this very easy recipe.

Get a flank steak or something rather thin. Sorry cows.

Get about four to five limes.

Lots of jalapenos -- if you're going to go with the goat cheese side.

Cilantro.

A freezer bag.

Tortillas

Cotija cheese or something similar.

At least one avocado.

So. . .

Stick the steak in the bag.
Roll the limes hard on the counter to break up all their innards and then cut in half and squeeze onto the steak.
Then chop up the jalapenos and throw in the bag as well.
Chop up the cilantro to a degree as well. But that doesn't really matter because it will be destroyed but will add flavor as it marinates. Save some that is fresh to put on the finished product.
Seal the bag and stick in the fridge after tossing it around a bit. Every few hours toss it around some more and turn over.
After the amount of time you let it sit there, grill it to about 140-145F.
Then you know the rest. Sprinkle your cheese on it, put some avocado slices on it within the tortilla.
Add salsa if you want, but I don't think you'll need it.

Trust me. This is so easy and so good.

Also Happy Holidays to all!

EDIT: Oh the goat cheese jalapenos. Just cut them in half and stuff them with creamy goat cheese and then bake until the cheese gets marginally brown on the top. I think about 350F. Just keep your eye on em.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:39 pm

@seemslikeadream: that is a wonderful short story! Thanks for sharing. Happy holidays to you! :hug1:

@stefano: I'm jealous, that looks like paradise! Even LA is rainy right now. Hope you enjoy your Christmas dinner. :hug1:

@Grizzly: there definitely have been times I've felt that way. Peace, contentment and solace to you too. :hug1:

@82_28: I am getting misty-eyed. Not that you intended that, but any fajita recipe (and yours sounded absolutely scrumptious!) reminds me of when I first moved to LA and every Monday my dearly departed father would go out for happy hour to a Mexican restaurant that had $1.50 beers and delicious fajitas. I'm sure my Dad would have loved those jalapenos - he loved anything spicy. Thanks for triggering some fantastic memories! Best of the season to you! :hug1:
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby Novem5er » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Merry Christmas and Holiday Season to everyone here on the boards. This time of year always brings a sense of poignancy: happiness in the moment, but sadness that it will not last.

Things are really good for the first time in a few years, so I'm just trying to soak it up :)

For me, this video clip is all I've ever wanted, and just as in the clip, even as I have it, it feels like a dream:

Novem5er

Postby Cordelia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:07 pm

I don't much like holidays; they tend to make too many people feel bad and more alone, and children learn to want more things. I'm usually glad when December is over and daylight increases, but this year would rather slow down the march towards January 20, 2017. Spending quiet Xmas with family & missing others. Mostly feeling grateful about 2016 (election aside) and looking forward to the weekend reading the new novel by Ian McEwan (I gave up on his books several years ago but this one is promising so far & very clever--another retelling of 'Hamlet' but from the POV of a 9 month fetus in utero :shrug: ) Will be eating lasagna (w/venison maybe) too, along w/salad & bread, in keeping w/red, green & white seasonal colors.

Sincere best holiday wishes and thanks to current, suspended, banned posters and lurkers in this continuing digital novel about life on planet Earthscape.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Happy holidays and thank you for the videos to Lex and Neek and Sister too.

You are cool! :coolshades
PufPuf93

Postby Novem5er » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:53 am

Cordelia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:07 pm wrote:I don't much like holidays; they tend to make too many people feel bad and more alone, and children learn to want more things. I'm usually glad when December is over and daylight increases, but this year would rather slow down the march towards January 20, 2017. Spending quiet Xmas with family & missing others. Mostly feeling grateful about 2016 (election aside) and looking forward to the weekend reading the new novel by Ian McEwan (I gave up on his books several years ago but this one is promising so far & very clever--another retelling of 'Hamlet' but from the POV of a 9 month fetus in utero :shrug: ) Will be eating lasagna (w/venison maybe) too, along w/salad & bread, in keeping w/red, green & white seasonal colors.

Sincere best holiday wishes and thanks to current, suspended, banned posters and lurkers in this continuing digital novel about life on planet Earthscape.

This sounds like nice holiday. Yes, this season can be tough on a lot of people. A few weeks ago at our hippy church we had a service that was along these lines.
Novem5er

Postby OP ED » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:23 am

Happy Christmas you people. Especially if we don't like one another!

Jazz and wine and weeds and womens and cookies and cocoa and coffee and company to keep warm. Started melting in Detroit.

See you all next year.

(All I want for Christmas is some pipe screens)

23:23 Christmas Eve 2016
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:54 am

Merry Christmas, Lex. My best wishes to you and yours.

Merry Christmas, to all our Christian members!

Happy Chanukah, to all our Jewish members!

Happy Solstice, to all our Pagans & Wiccans!

Happy new year!

Wishing all the companionship and warm comfort of family and friends to share fine foods, fine drink and fine conversation.

Blessings, Peace and Love.
Iamwhomiam

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:40 pm

@Novem5er: Thanks for that fantastic clip! I can identify with that feeling. I wish this Christmas had lasted longer. :hug1:

@Cordelia: I hope you enjoyed your lasagna. We sure enjoyed ours! Hope the book was a good read, too. :hug1:

@PufPuf93: Thanks so much for watching our videos! Glad you enjoy them. Hope your holidays are happy too. You rock! :hug1:

@OP ED: Yes, I think it's important to wish everyone a Happy Christmas whether you like 'em or not! Hope yours was warm and happy. Hope you got your pipe screens too! :hug1:

@Iamwhomiam: Merry Christmas and best wishes to you too! I second your holiday greetings to our Jewish, Pagan and Wiccan members and to anyone else we neglected to mention, extend best wishes! Happy new year to you too! :hug1:

I know most people are probably all Christmased out, but I just wanted to share one more clip. This is from one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes which I really feel captured the generous spirit of how we should all try to treat one another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUEx-XqbB2M
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Next

Return to The Lounge & Member News