Our exploration of the Pinnacles at Crater Lake

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Our exploration of the Pinnacles at Crater Lake

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:20 pm

We drove away from Crater Lake in search of other beautiful parts of this spectacular national park. About three miles east of the park headquarters, we came across the gorgeous Vidae Falls. This pretty waterfall has a 100 foot drop. We pulled over to the turn-out by the side of the road, and Neek and I got out of the car to take a closer look.

But Neek and I didn’t have the toughest hiking shoes on, so after shooting some more of the beautiful natural setting, we headed back to the car.

Then we drove around the mountain further until we reached Pinnacles Road. We continued on to the parking lot outside of the half mile Pinnacles Trail. I set up the wheelchair for Neek’s sister, Sar, having heard that this trail had disability access.

For the most part, it was pretty easy to push her chair. There was only a short stretch of the trail where the road was a bit sluggish with small rocks.

What are the Pinnacles? They are a group of volcanic pumice spires that were formed in the time preceding Mount Mazama’s collapse 7,700 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RvVD35973g
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Return to The Lounge & Member News