Punk, Street Art, and Buddha’s Hand – Traction Ave in LA

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Punk, Street Art, and Buddha’s Hand – Traction Ave in LA

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:52 pm

Neek and I went to downtown LA in search of an area near Little Tokyo filled with murals and other street art. There was some parking on Traction Avenue so we stopped there to take a look around. Lots of murals painted on the sides of buildings were already visible as we walked down the avenue.

We were happily surprised as we approached Third Street to see that part of the street was closed off. There were booths where people were selling arts and crafts and one that was selling different blends of organic juices. We tried one filled with different kinds of citrus fruits that was really tasty. Walking around there, I could see Shepard Fairey’s ‘Peace Goddess’, a mural of a beautifully shrouded woman with an owl resting beneath her chin, which I thought looked fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_lGsgncTFQ&t=320s

There were so many murals and other examples of street art in the area it was impossible to capture it all. Many other people were also taking photographs and enjoying the relaxed atmosphere. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun checking out all the great art!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Punk, Street Art, and Buddha’s Hand – Traction Ave in LA

Postby Grizzly » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:06 pm

:thumbsup Good stuff, always interesting; thanks for showing and sharing.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Punk, Street Art, and Buddha’s Hand – Traction Ave in LA

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:25 pm

You're welcome Grizzly, glad you enjoy it! :)
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Return to The Lounge & Member News