Webcam mystery

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Webcam mystery

Postby Elvis » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:23 am

I saw this webcam on the site that Iamwhoiam posted in The Surveillance State and the Transformation of Society thread:

For at least a few weeks (guessing by the comments), this webcam has focused on a wall with eight mugshot-like photos of four or five people pinned up on it.

webcam link: http://www.insecam.org/en/view/344140/

:shrug:

Sometimes the light in the room is brighter but I screen-grabbed it, cropped and did about 60% auto-levels for better contrast, but it's clearer in the streaming webcam image linked above (which could go offline at any time).

Anyone recogonize the photos?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Elvis on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Webcam mystery

Postby elfismiles » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:31 am

Nope ... but a news search for ... brentwood california 4 missing wanted

Got these hits:

Teen girl beaten to death in Brentwood; 2nd body found
WABC-TV-Sep 15, 2016
A teen girl found dead in the street near a school on Long Island Tuesday night was beaten to death, officials said, and investigators believe ...
http://abc7ny.com/news/teen-girl-beaten ... d/1510813/

Suffolk County Police Searching For Clues In Murders Of Brentwood ...
CBS Local-Sep 15, 2016
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/15/ ... n-murders/

Sini: Fourth set of remains ID'd as missing Brentwood teen
Newsday-Sep 23, 2016
Sini said the cause of death was assault for both Miguel Garcia Morán, the 15-year-old who went missing in February, as well as 19-year-old ...
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crim ... 1.12357074
:shrug:
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Elvis » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks, Elfi. I got a brighter image from the cam and replaced the first one in the OP above, and I'll drop it here too...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:46 pm

I'm sure there are other reasons, but perhaps they posted their photos because they once passed bad checks and want to prevent a repeat performance?

Any possibility of isolating individual pics to do a photo search for each?
Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Iamwhomiam » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:46 am wrote:I'm sure there are other reasons, but perhaps they posted their photos because they once passed bad checks and want to prevent a repeat performance?

Any possibility of isolating individual pics to do a photo search for each?

Good theory as any so far, thanks.

I did think of isolating the photos and image-searching, might make time to do that.
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 am

"No other sizes of this image found." :grumpy
Elvis

Return to The Lounge & Member News