Chelsea Clinton is an Idiot.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Chelsea Clinton is an Idiot.

Postby Elvis » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:55 pm

We may as well get started with this now, before she becomes seriously dangerous.

I'm surprised at what an idiot she really is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9f8h6x5YGw

Is she on something?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Chelsea Clinton is an Idiot.

Postby KUAN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Researchers calculate that if 120,000 deaths are caused among 13million smokers, the corresponding figure among 3.2million cannabis smokers would be 30,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z4bSQJvhyT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

We both know how the illuminati underestimate things which means probably, let me see, 26,000,000 a day? and thats leaving out medical use

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -year.html
KUAN

Postby Rory » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:16 am

She's the perfect blend of Rodham and Hubbell. Is so clear now - zero clinton genes there
Rory

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:05 am

No one can deny smoking is anything but damaging to lung function.

I believe we should be concerned more about the billions of microscopic synthetic fibers being inhaled by carpet crawling toddlers than about the health of those readily engaging in activities known to them to cause lung damage.
Iamwhomiam

Postby KUAN » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:21 am

No one can deny smoking is anything but damaging to lung function.

There you go again Iamwhomiam - not that I'm taking any notice

sorry
KUAN

Postby Elvis » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:14 am

Chelsea Clinton, TV’s Dork Diva, Struggles At NBC

Hillary and Bill have worked their way back into our hearts, and now it’s Chelsea’s turn. The only problem: she’s “terrible” on television, as network executives privately admit.

posted on Apr. 16, 2012, at 8:06 p.m.

Michael Hastings
BuzzFeed Staff

To get the TV gig, Chelsea’s team played off rival networks, holding a series of meetings in New York last fall with all the major television news outlets, including ABC, CBS, and CNN. “Her agent calls, asks if you want to meet with Chelsea Clinton, you take the meeting,” one network executive tells BuzzFeed.

But she didn’t blow anyone away with her presence during the interview process, according to network executives who interviewed her. “Horrible,” says another high ranking TV executive who met with Chelsea. “There were ground rules, what she could and couldn’t report, only good news, no politics, ” says the executive, who felt Chelsea would be a dud and passed.

There was a sense in the meetings that that the news channels were auditioning for her — not the other way around — which rubbed a few of those she met with the wrong way. “They acted like we should be grateful” that she was offering herself to the networks, says the exec.

Even high ranking company officials within NBC, according to sources at 30 Rock, weren’t that impressed with her. One senior staffer told colleagues after multiple meetings that Chelsea was going to be simply “terrible” on television. Upon her arrival, Chelsea was given a welcome bag, filled with NBC swag, 30 Rockers tell me. NBC’s David Gregory responded by jokingly asking: “Where’s my welcome bag?”

Gregory’s joke hints at the unprecedented level of special treatment Chelsea receives: she didn’t do live shots on her Rock Center debut; she gets chauffeured everywhere in a town car while others her age strap hang with the suckers in Gotham’s sewers; she has her own personal spokesperson; and she has her own chief-of-staff, Bari Lurie. (Lurie is to Chelsea what Huma Abedin is to Hillary: a fiercely loyal female aide and confidante, who logged over 7,000 miles with her during the 2008 campaign.) Other top talent at the network noticed that luxury: Lester Holt, Hoda Kotb, Natalie Morales, and Savannah Guthrie all share a single assistant. (An NBC spokesperson says, however, that Chelsea pays for her own chief of staff.)

more: https://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/chel ... .ul13y4r79
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Cordelia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:00 am

Isn't this more a G.D. subject?

Hopefully her NLP trainer corrected those hands with-a-mind-of- their-own.

(The Webster Hubbel resemblance is uncanny)
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Rory » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:56 am

http://ew.com/books/2017/03/16/chelsea- ... ow_twitter

She has a book out (yay). All America's prayers have been answered.

Illustrated by Alexandra Boiger (Max and Marla), She Persisted will tell the stories of 13 women who overcame immense opposition to achieve their goals. The 13 women include Harriet Tubman, Helen Keller, Nellie Bly, Maria Tallchief, Claudette Colvin, Clara Lemlich, Ruby Bridges, Margaret Chase Smith, Sally Ride, Florence Griffith Joyner, Oprah Winfrey, and Sonia Sotomayor. The picture book will also feature a cameo by another important female figure. (We’ve got a pretty good guess as to who this candidate might be…)

Sounds amazing..

So, what's she done so far. Went to top private schools. Stanford + the swim team. Married a hedge fund guy. Ran the Clinton Money Laundering Foundation.

Bar name recognition and family favor hook ups, what's she got?
Rory

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:09 am

^^^ Famous parents and riches beyond imagining.

My thoughts, too, Cordelia. The lounge is a place of reprieve from the drudgery of our daily dialogue; a momentary escape to the refuge of relaxation.

Elvis, I need to talk with you about your guest list.

Don't be sorry, Rory.

Eat it!

The old man in you waiting to emerge will appreciate your showing as much concern for his lungs as you would for a babies.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Rory » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:34 am

Matt Bruenig has a piece on Medium kind of answering my questions about what's she done. It's depressing af. She's a parasite

https://medium.com/@MattBruenig/on-chel ... ----------

On Chelsea Clinton

Rumors are that Chelsea Clinton is gearing up to run for office. This is troubling news insofar as it might keep the Clinton machine and its hangers-on in politics. It also seems like a questionable idea insofar as Chelsea Clinton is a nepotist legacy case whose whole career to this point has been hopping from one dodgy patronage job to another, not exactly the ideal image for the Democratic party.

McKinsey (2003–2006)

After graduating high school, Chelsea goes to Stanford and gets a degree in history and then goes to Oxford and gets a degree in international relations. So far, so banal.

But after Oxford, Chelsea Clinton signed up with McKinsey, a consulting company known as an elite business training corps. She was the youngest in her class, hired at the same rank as those with M.B.A. degrees. Her interview was more like a conversation, said D. Ronald Daniel, a senior partner. “That’s why she was a good consultant, because we are professional question-askers and professional listeners,” Mr. Daniel said. — NYT

Despite having no background in business, statistics, or any other related field, Chelsea gets hired by McKinsey straight out of Oxford alongside elite business school graduates. The interview process for that was “more like a conversation.”

Avenue Capital Group LLC (2006–2009)

After 3 years at McKinsey, Chelsea moves on to Avenue Capital Group LLC, a hedge fund run by Marc Lasry. The NYT describes Lasry as “a loyal donor to Democratic causes generally, and Clinton-related ones specifically.” Bloomberg describes Lasry as “close to the Clinton family and a long-time donor to Democrats.”

IAC (2011-Present)

After a few years at the hedge fund, Chelsea decides to go back to school and pursue a doctorate at Oxford remotely from New York. While in graduate school, Chelsea becomes a board member for the media company IAC (I, II). For her efforts, she is paid $50,000 per year and given $250,000 in stock.

IAC is controlled by Barry Diller who, along with his wife Diane von Furstenberg, is a major Clinton donor and family friend. Chelsea, along with her husband, failed hedge funder Marc Mezvinsky, has been spotted on luxurious vacations with Diller and von Furstenberg, including in 2015 when the whole crew went snorkeling on Diller’s yacht in Sardinia.

Here’s how the NYT describes this board position:

But let’s be real. Ms. Clinton has this position only because she is the daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Hillary Rodham Clinton, the current secretary of state. This is clearly an appointment made because of who she is, not what she has done, one that defies American conceptions of meritocracy. Even most celebrity directors earn their way to such celebrity — sort of.

Chelsea is still on the board of IAC.

Clinton Foundation (2011-Present)

At the same time as she was getting a graduate degree from Oxford and sitting on IAC’s board, Chelsea had the honor of being selected for the board of the Clinton Foundation, where she is now Vice Chair.

NBC (2011–2014)

While on the IAC board, the Clinton Foundation board, and getting a graduate degree from Oxford, Chelsea somehow managed to get a job at NBC as a “special correspondent.” For this job, she got paid $600,000 despite producing less than 23 minutes of aired content. As Business Insider notes, this means Chelsea “earned about $26,724 for each minute she subsequently appeared on air.”

Tax Sheltering Her Inheritance

If getting every job she ever had (most of which do not even appear to be real jobs) because of who her parents are was not enough, Bill and Hillary has made sure that the huge fortune they grifted over the years will pass to her with as little tax taken out as possible.

Bloomberg explains the shenanigans:

The Clintons created residence trusts in 2010 and shifted ownership of their New York house into them in 2011, according to federal financial disclosures and local property records.

Among the tax advantages of such trusts is that any appreciation in the house’s value can happen outside their taxable estate. The move could save the Clintons hundreds of thousands of dollars in estate taxes, said David Scott Sloan, a partner at Holland & Knight LLP in Boston.

“The goal is really be thoughtful and try to build up the nontaxable estate, and that’s really what this is,” Sloan said. “You’re creating things that are going to be on the nontaxable side of the balance sheet when they die.”

Rethink This

You could not put together a more unappealing force in the world than what Chelsea Clinton represents, personally or politically.
Rory

Postby dada » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:13 pm

I would like to offer a differing opinion. As usual. ha

Chelsea is perfect. The US needs President Chelsea. The US deserves President Chelsea. The US secretly wants President Chelsea.

I got nothing to back that up, I just felt like going there.

Gets me thinking, though. It might be fun to play-act as a diehard Chelsea supporter. It would just be so ridiculous to get into the character. And what a mindfuck, especially for anyone who knows me. They'd be like, "wtf? did he develop a brain tumor or something? He's got to be putting us on... right?"

Also like to offer a different opinion of the lounge. This lounge is not a safe space for escapees from reality. It is reality.

It does have a relaxed atmosphere. As such, anything goes. Anything.

I like my lounge bleeding into General Discussion, and vice-versa. The point (my point, maybe not yours. You may have a different point, you're certainly welcome to it) is to break down the walls between things. Break them down, like kool-aid man, oh, yeah. Melt down all walls that separate and divide. Melt them down with a Flash Gordon Ray Gun. pew, pew
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Elvis » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:13 pm

I did consider placing this in General Discussion, but Chelsea seems to warrant a Lounge thread. For now, we can just point and laugh.

Thanks for the Matt Bruenig piece. I read that Chelsea is already worth $15M. Why should she care about money?
Elvis

Postby Rory » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Rory » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:34 am wrote:Matt Bruenig has a piece on Medium kind of answering my questions about what's she done. It's depressing af. She's a parasite

https://medium.com/@MattBruenig/on-chel ... ----------
On Chelsea Clinton

*Update*

Expedia (2017-Present)

On March 16, 2017, Expedia created a new seat on its board of directors and then gave it to Chelsea. For this, she will be paid $45,000 per year and given $250,000 of stock.

Expedia was an IAC property, a company where Chelsea is also on the board. It was spun off as a separate company in 2005. Close Clinton family friend Barry Diller (also of IAC) is a Chairman and Senior Executive at Expedia.
Rory

Postby Joao » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:38 pm

I'm in favor of mocking and scorning silver-spooners and have no love for the Clintons, but to my surprise I found Chelsea reasonably intelligent and coherent in the OP video. Regarding marijuana "killing people," I heard her say it has a lot of benefits but that research is needed to better understand potentially negative interactions with other drugs. Sounds pretty smart, actually.

OK, she's unduly benefited from her parents' contacts and the possibility of dynastic political power is quite odious, but it seems to me there are many thousands of others who should come before her in the guillotine line. Admittedly, "I just don't care about money" was particularly galling and Antoinette-esque, but doesn't that just make her a garden-variety deluded bourgeois pig? More power to those who want to ridicule her for it, I guess--it just hardly seems worth the effort to me.
Joao

Postby Elvis » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:10 am

She does apparently read a lot, books & articles, but that doesn't mean she isn't a nitwit. Especially if we're talking about Senate material, I think she's a nitwit. In the OP video she doesn't know what she's talking about. Also, listen again to some of her sentences. I call nitwit.

I don't think I'm being unfair with this thread; she's a public figure by her own choice, and a the possibility of a political bid calls for scrutiny...and ridicule.

She seems nice, not evil, but could be dangerous.
Elvis

Next

Return to The Lounge & Member News