Image Hosting Site Recommendations?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby elfismiles » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Howdy'all ...

Several of our eldest posters here have used various image storing sites over the years.

Does anyone have strong feelings, reviews, suggestions for specific sites?

Do said sites work well with blog platforms like wordpress.com etc?

I've been forced over the years to move away from trying to self-host everything and could use some RI braintrust juice help in cogitating on this.

- SMiles
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Image Hosting Site Recommendations?

Postby dada » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 pm

I use kiwi6 for mp3s that I want to share, but don't want to put on my soundcloud or make a youtube video for. Can upload images if I want, as well. Been using them for a few years, haven't had any problems. 2GB free space, can upgrade to more if necessary.

http://kiwi6.com/get_started

For "get started," only need to verify email address to begin uploading. Don't need to worry about "following ten artists" or "upvoting any tracks." I've never even searched around the site at all, just use it purely for uploading and sharing.

Allow me to demonstrate. I just uploadedesu a jpg there. Took a few seconds, I getted a hotlink:
http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/oebmz8evj ... gators.jpg

Works fine here.

That's my experience. Every few years I search for a new free hosting site, for one reason or another. I like the no-frills format of this one. I remember photobucket being slow and clunky feeling. I don't need thumbnails or editing tools, I do all that in photoshop.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Image Hosting Site Recommendations?

Postby elfismiles » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:53 am

thanks dada :thumbsup
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Return to The Lounge & Member News