Springtime at Lake Balboa

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Springtime at Lake Balboa

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:31 pm

The ducks were a little feisty when we visited Lake Balboa in the San Fernando Valley, California. Our main goal in visiting the park was to see the blossoming of the Cherry Blossoms. They certainly are beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhrRERnjf-E
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Springtime at Lake Balboa

Postby Rory » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:04 pm

It's quite pretty up there. I'm sure it's looking extra nice with all the wet weather of late.

I haven't watched the video yet, but have you been over to the Japanese Gardens? It smells a bit because of Tillman Wastewater Treatment Plant, but is a magnificent work of landscaping. The old Star Trek, used the Tillman Admin building for exterior shots of Starfleet Academy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Japanese_Garden

Rory

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Springtime at Lake Balboa

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:27 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes we have, Rory! We weren't able to show it in the video (it was pretty crowded, beautiful sunny weekend afternoon) but we have gone in the past. We definitely recognize it from Next Gen episodes. Nice photo!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Return to The Lounge & Member News