Abandoned Hydro Electric Plant - Road Trip Vlog 5

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Abandoned Hydro Electric Plant - Road Trip Vlog 5

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:30 am

On our way to Roughlock Falls, we saw a pretty intriguing sight – A Hydro Electric Plant that was built in 1917. This year is the 100th Anniversary of the building so we couldn’t resist stopping the car to explore it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTulWJJAzPs
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Abandoned Hydro Electric Plant - Road Trip Vlog 5

Postby Elvis » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:46 am

A nice side trip! I loves streams and rivers. I was just telling my girlfriend, let's get up early some morning soon and take a refreshing day walking in the forest along the big river where it tumbles down from the mountains.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Abandoned Hydro Electric Plant - Road Trip Vlog 5

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Elvis » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:46 am wrote:A nice side trip! I loves streams and rivers. I was just telling my girlfriend, let's get up early some morning soon and take a refreshing day walking in the forest along the big river where it tumbles down from the mountains.

Yeah, a big part of the fun going out into nature is just taking the opportunity to get out near running water. One thing I've found recently is the water seems to be higher than it was in years past. There was a lot more precipitation this past winter, so getting wet during these hot times is very refreshing!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Return to The Lounge & Member News