The Cellblock Steakhouse in Ely, NV - Road Trip Vlog 15

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Cellblock Steakhouse in Ely, NV - Road Trip Vlog 15

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm

We walked into a cacophony of electronic bells, fake clanking coins, and real people yelling in glee. Continuing on, we passed through a short corridor and till we were seated at our very own jail cell. The Cellblock Steakhouse is a themed restaurant where you can sit and have your (possibly last) meal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvf3MA_2PWY
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: The Cellblock Steakhouse in Ely, NV - Road Trip Vlog 15

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:08 pm

OMG! This thread needs a vegan revulsion trigger warning!

Cool joint, though! I might be able to afford a side of fries to go..

Thanks for sharing. I'd forget the glove and contact the park to have them return Sar's cane if it was turned in to their lost & found, which it probably was.
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Iamwhomiam » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:08 pm wrote:OMG! This thread needs a vegan revulsion trigger warning!

Cool joint, though! I might be able to afford a side of fries to go..

Thanks for sharing. I'd forget the glove and contact the park to have them return Sar's cane if it was turned in to their lost & found, which it probably was.

Sorry! :oops: My youngest sister is vegan, so she'd probably go for the fries or baked potato. Of course, she's had enough Thanksgiving dinners sitting next to me, so she's used to my carnivorous ways.

Sar already got a new cane. She figured it would cost more going back to get the lost one than it would to get a new one. But if we ever go back...
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby PufPuf93 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:11 am

I am starting to think you'all are up to something.

Travel around like you do and all you can film is 5 to 10 minutes a day?

Have you gone to Roswell? I have never been.

I do like the TV show Roswell. I watched on Amazon Prime but it is no longer available there.

What could go wrong? American teens. Alien teens. Good aliens and bad aliens. American and alien teen hormones.

The rocks east of LA that you visited on an earlier vlog are the setting for part of the narrative; where they were pods after the crash and portal back to their planet.

The name you provided slips my mind at the moment. I did not find readily better images. Rats.

PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:53 pm

PufPuf93 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:11 am wrote:I am starting to think you'all are up to something.

Travel around like you do and all you can film is 5 to 10 minutes a day?

Have you gone to Roswell? I have never been.

I do like the TV show Roswell. I watched on Amazon Prime but it is no longer available there.

What could go wrong? American teens. Alien teens. Good aliens and bad aliens. American and alien teen hormones.

The rocks east of LA that you visited on an earlier vlog are the setting for part of the narrative; where they were pods after the crash and portal back to their planet.

The name you provided slips my mind at the moment. I did not find readily better images. Rats.

Vasquez Rocks! Yes, a great place to visit, both for the 20 million+ year old rocks themselves, and for the great interpretive center that tells all about the history of the area:

Both Neek and Sar are huge fans of the Roswell TV show. They watched it when it originally aired and recently rewatched it on Hulu. One of these days, I'll probably watch it with them. It sounds like a good series!

We've never been to the real Roswell. When I was a kid, my parents drove us through New Mexico, but we didn't stop there. Good idea for a future trip!

You know, we are up to something. But we don't know what it is! :coolshades
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Return to The Lounge & Member News