Abandoned Mystery Cabin on Highway 50 - Vlog 16

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Abandoned Mystery Cabin on Highway 50 - Vlog 16

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Neek, Sar and I left Ely, Nevada after having breakfast in our hotel room that morning. We headed out on Route 50 with our first planned destination that day being the Old West town of Eureka, Nevada. But on our way there, we came across one of those unexpected sights we just had to check out.It was on a somewhat curvy section of the road that we saw a mysterious looking cabin made of wood logs on the right side of the road. Another car had pulled over and we saw a couple looking at it standing near some barb-wire. As we passed by, it was obvious this cabin was abandoned; the roof was fairly non-existent. Driving away, I looked over at Neek and Sar and we all agreed: we had to go back to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_RhtFiWrU
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Abandoned Mystery Cabin on Highway 50 - Vlog 16

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:40 pm

Have you considered the ghost town of Bodie, NV for a visit?

Nearby Mono Lake is also awesome and there are natural hot springs nearby on the National Forest.

Another good visit is Virginia City, NV.
PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:33 pm

PufPuf93 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:40 pm wrote:Have you considered the ghost town of Bodie, NV for a visit?

Nearby Mono Lake is also awesome and there are natural hot springs nearby on the National Forest.

We drove by Mono Lake around 10 years ago and thought it was pretty amazing! But we've never had time to explore Bodie yet. We've read a number of blogs online from people who've been there and it looks fascinating!

Virginia City? One of our favorite road trip destinations! We are currently editing our recent adventure there - maybe two or three videos worth - and we should post it in a few weeks.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:26 am

stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:33 pm wrote:
PufPuf93 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:40 pm wrote:Have you considered the ghost town of Bodie, NV for a visit?

We drove by Mono Lake around 10 years ago and thought it was pretty amazing! But we've never had time to explore Bodie yet. We've read a number of blogs online from people who've been there and it looks fascinating!

Virginia City? One of our favorite road trip destinations! We are currently editing our recent adventure there - maybe two or three videos worth - and we should post it in a few weeks.

As always, you are way ahead of the curve. :thumbsup

I would suggest a Roswell or Virginia City or Bodie for a RI meet up but would unlikely be able to make it myself. Maybe next year health and other items willing.
PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:20 pm

PufPuf93 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 am wrote:As always, you are way ahead of the curve. :thumbsup

I would suggest a Roswell or Virginia City or Bodie for a RI meet up but would unlikely be able to make it myself. Maybe next year health and other items willing.

Sounds like a fantastic idea! An RI meet up in Roswell sounds appropriate, :ufo: but the other places are great too. I hope there will be time next year.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Return to The Lounge & Member News