The Longest Covered Bridge in the World! Road Trip Vlog 27

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Longest Covered Bridge in the World! Road Trip Vlog 27

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:22 pm

This 19th century bridge attracted our curiosity because it is reported to be the longest single span wooden covered bridge in the world! The Bridgeport Covered Bridge was built in 1862 by David John Wood and was a vital link to the silver mines in Nevada at the time, with up to 100 wagons a day coming through the area!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQMqw9X5ybw
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: The Longest Covered Bridge in the World! Road Trip Vlog

Postby Ziggin' and a Zaggin' » Thu May 10, 2018 10:23 am

Sorry Bridgeport Covered Bridge, the Hartland Bridge in Hartland, New Brunswick (Canada), is the world's longest covered bridge, at 1,282 feet (391 m) long. (source: Wikipedia)
"La vérité et le matin s'éclaircissent avec le temps."
Ziggin' and a Zaggin'

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Longest Covered Bridge in the World! Road Trip Vlog

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu May 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Ziggin' and a Zaggin' » Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 am wrote:Sorry Bridgeport Covered Bridge, the Hartland Bridge in Hartland, New Brunswick (Canada), is the world's longest covered bridge, at 1,282 feet (391 m) long. (source: Wikipedia)

I would love to visit that someday! Hartland Bridge is the longest double span covered bridge in the world, but Bridgeport is the longest single span.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Return to The Lounge & Member News