People of Syria

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

People of Syria

Postby thrulookingglass » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Is there anything we can do for the people of Syria? I have very little money of my own. I used to write my senators and representatives monthly about issues I found important, but I gave up on that thinking my wishes fell on deaf ears. I feel terrible and helpless as they must feel as well. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help you can offer.
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: People of Syria

Postby thrulookingglass » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Since no one responded and if you actually feel compassion for any who might die a horrific death under artillery and the assorted arsenal that might be used on the peoples of Syria, please use the below as a form letter for your elected officials to actually do their job. Thank you for any who feel the need to mail a letter on the behalf of the suffering citizens of Syria. Imagine if no one spoke for you when you were in harms way.

[Current date]
United States [Congress/Senate] Office
[Name of your Senator/Congressperson here]
[ Your Senators/Congressperson street address here]
[Town/City/Zip Code here]

The Honorable [your senator or congrepersons name here]:

On behalf of the kind loving honorable people of the United States of America I must insist on a call to action in defense of the suffering people of Syria and the atrocious violence and bloodshed that the citizens of Syria must endure day-to-day as the horror and mayhem of war continue. It is my sincere belief that America is at its best when we seek to end conflict through non-violent action. Given this I must protest President Trump’s removal of American military forces from the region, which only lead to greater instability and a continuation of the abominable horrors that this all too prolonged conflict has delivered to the destitute population of Syria. I would ask you to exercise empathy for the poor inhabitants of Syria whose everyday existence is fraught with overwhelming anxiety and terror that the violence of war brings. I beg upon your frankness as a [*congressperson or senator here*] to help bring peace to the lands of Syria, if not the entire world. The pursuit of peace and a cessation of violent war is humanities most important cause. Please make sure the world does not forget the plight of the Syrian citizens, that America welcomes refugees from war torn lands with open arms free from prejudice. If we were suffering such a troubling and dangerous conflict, if we were in their place and our pleas for help went unanswered, I would hate to see that day. Thank you for your continued service to this nation of ours. Any efforts on your behalf to show the people of the [*the name of your state here*] truly care about the well being for all Syrians and that we have not forgotten their cries for help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
[Your name here]
[you may put your own address here if you wish]
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to The Lounge & Member News