Watching Oliver Stone's JFK again...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Watching Oliver Stone's JFK again...

Postby thrulookingglass » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 pm

I revisited the film that absolutely changed my life and noticed that Garrison turns over to the FBI one David Ferrie (a fairy named Ferrie). The FBI subsequently dumps him back to the public clearly insulting one DA "Jolly Green" Jim Garrison and his workers rather quickly saying, sorry, wrong guy.

Then there is this picture.

Y'know...

The one with...what Barry Seal...one David W Ferrie...and LH Oswald.

Well SHYEET!
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Watching Oliver Stone's JFK again...

Postby Harvey » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:01 pm

I presume you're also looking forward to his next film, JFK: Destiny Betrayed which is currently in post-production. I've watched JFK again recently and been stunned (again) by it's relative concision.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby thrulookingglass » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:36 am

When does JFK: Destiny Betrayed come out?

I believe it was none other than George HW Bush who posed for the infamous Time/Life pictures of Oswald. That's my intuition speaking, not very rigorously.
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:10 am

thrulookingglass » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:36 pm wrote:When does JFK: Destiny Betrayed come out?

I believe it was none other than George HW Bush who posed for the infamous Time/Life pictures of Oswald. That's my intuition speaking, not very rigorously.

I still don't know but it's in post production now, so, could be soonish.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:12 am

Few filmmakers are as high-profile as Oliver Stone and“JFK” has proved the most controversial of his films. In the new doc-series, Stone and writer James DiEugenio, author of “Destiny Betrayed: JFK, Cuba, and the Garrison Case,” place now declassified files related to President Kennedy’s assassination in a far larger context, aiming to shine more light on what really happened in 1963.

Coming in on the assassination from the angle of Kennedy’s far-reaching policy speeches that threatened the status-quo, Stone will “reveal that Kennedy’s foreign policy actions were revolutionary in many ways and were a conscious decision he had been contemplating for a decade before taking office,” said an AGC Television statement.

It went on: “Stone will put Kennedy’s assassination in context politically, and present interviews, documents, and forensics reports that will change forever how Kennedy’s life, political career, and assassination will be considered.”

Those interviewed in the series include John Tunheim, chairman of the Assassination Records Review Board, criminologist Henry Lee, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., James Galbraith, and Salon founder David Talbot.

“https://variety.com/2019/tv/global/agc-television-picks-up-worldwide-oliver-stones-jfk-destiny-betrayed-1203368818/

It’s not an exaggeration to state that this series features the most distinguished collection of talent and knowledge on the JFK case ever assembled,” said the AGC Television press release.

Diaz added: “We have long admired Oliver Stone and his work, and the revelatory information his new documentary brings forward not only sheds a new light on JFK’s presidency and his assassination, it informs us about our contemporary world,”

“This documentary film represents an important bookend to my 1991 film. It ties up many loose threads, and hopefully repudiates much of the ignorance around the case and the movie,”
Stone wrote.

“JFK: Destiny Betrayed” reunites Stone with ace cinematographer Robert Richardson (“Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood,” “Nixon,” “The Aviator”), who won the first of his three Academy Awards for “JFK.”

Rob Wilson behind Showtime’s “The Untold History of the United States,” produces with Ingenious Media.

AGC’s Stuart Ford and Diaz, Ingenious Media’s Andrea Scarso, Amit Pandya, and Peter Touche, and Angela Ceccio and Fernando Sulichin serve as executive producers.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Return to The Lounge & Member News