Should Jeff Wells take a hiatus?

Yes, we will understand and we all (including his family) need him healthy
93%
No, things will fall apart if you do!
7%

Total votes : 14

Should Jeff Wells take a hiatus?

Postby marmot » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:59 pm

For the sake of family, work and health---should Jeff gets some sleep and take a break from RI for a time? Will we understand?

Actually, someone in the RI blog claiming to be his wife :shock: wrote:

Hey everyone. I know Jeff appreciates your kind thoughts. He's feeling pretty run down right now, so I'm forcing him to turn off his computer and take some Quiet Time for the next few days.
marmot

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:00 pm

If his wife says he needs a break, what's there to talk about?
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby philipacentaur » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:03 pm

I hope he takes a break.
philipacentaur

rest

Postby marmot » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:04 pm

et in Arcadia ego wrote:If his wife says he needs a break, what's there to talk about?

I agree... I posted this so that others might be aware and sensitive to what's needed
marmot

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:52 pm

There's nothing to be overtly concerned about here as far as the board is concerned. We now have four moderators (three are excellent, and then there's me :twisted: ), so damn near any need can and will be met. Jeff's been burdened for some time now trying to get a million things accomplished at once, which is one of the main reasons I stepped up to help moderate the board in the first place. Yes, it's very clear I'm far from a perfect being, but for Jeff's sake, I'd really like to give him at least one less thing to worry about, and that's this forum.

Jeff's not only counting on myself and the other mods to maintain a relatively peaceful community, but he's also counting on each and every member here as a whole, so maybe we should ALL think about honoring that and keep in mind being here is a priveledge, and not a right on it's own accord.

We're ALL guest here in Jeff's house.

As a token of goodwill, I'll unlock the two threads in Activism and let discussions resume there, but I'd appreciate antagonisms on ALL sides to be refrained from.

cheers,
Arcadia
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Well said!

Postby Asta » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:13 pm

Well said, Arcadia!

Jeff is one of the most amazing authors/connector of dots/thinkers/intuitive minds I've encountered in my life. I don't see how he is able to cover so much material in the short time frames, analyze the information and then present us with consistently provocative, mind-blowing articles of such quality.

The members of this forum are a cut above the rest as well. Just for starters, let me say that I enjoy visiting this forum where the members understand the English language, can write, read, spell and think. You know, those characteristics that are lacking on certain other boards, whose (coff coff) party affiliation I will not mention here.

The number of bookmarks resulting from my visits here is, well, staggering. I think that says a lot about the kind of thinking people who contribute to RI.

So...

JEFF! Get some rest! Don't burn yourself out! Go enjoy your family, take a walk outside, find the beauty that is still left in our world.
Asta

Postby Fixx » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:32 pm

et in Arcadia ego wrote:but for Jeff's sake, I'd really like to give him at least one less thing to worry about

Step down as a moderator then.
Fixx

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Sorry, Fixx, I'm not here to cater to your personal whims, but you're welcome to gripe about it all you want. A community this ecclectic is going to have occassional frictions and that just can't be helped. If my stepping down was a solution, Jeff would have made that decision already. I ws hoping to be able to do exactly that, and I even made that intention plain a couple weeks ago when I called for an expanded moderator base, but things here have not settled as I'd hoped, so you won't be seeing me step down right now no matter how much you or the Orgonites want me to.

So is there anything else I can do for you?
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:49 pm

Jeff, by all means, get some sleep. Just try not to wake up screaming again. :wink:
stickdog99

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:16 pm

weird poll

he's a grownup, I think we all are, too
Wombaticus Rex

my opinion

Postby chillin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:50 pm

I think that certain times can seem to be very stressful, one wonders if one should continue working or perhaps rest. I believe that waking up screaming can be an indication that more rest is required.
chillin

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:18 pm

If I were inclined to take any of this seriously the recent tragic turn this board has taken would have definitely driven me away. But alas, its fun and games. Bread and Circuses.

I learned a long time ago to never take people seriously, especially when they gather in their little cliques and make asses of themselves.
MASONIC PLOT

Postby xsicbastardx » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:23 am

well with The wolves nipping at the heels of this board.....I am all for a Jeff taking a break and taking a deep breath.

Stay sharp and on your toes my good man
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

xsicbastardx

Postby Telexx » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:28 am

If I were inclined to take any of this seriously the recent tragic turn this board has taken would have definitely driven me away. But alas, its fun and games. Bread and Circuses.

I learned a long time ago to never take people seriously, especially when they gather in their little cliques and make asses of themselves.

Well said MP.

Thanks,

Telexx
Telexx

Yes, Don't Get Burnt Out Fighting Evil

Postby NavnDansk » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Jeff is one of the most amazing authors/connector of dots/thinkers/intuitive minds I've encountered in my life. I don't see how he is able to cover so much material in the short time frames, analyze the information and then present us with consistently provocative, mind-blowing articles of such quality.

Don't push yourself too hard. Take a break and come back refreshed. We will behave, promise not to fight.

I didn't know there was an Activism thread. Will have to check it out. What could be controversial there?
NavnDansk

Next

Return to FIRE PIT