The Fire Pit is Interesting

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Doodad » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:59 pm

theeKultleeder wrote:
Doodad wrote:You have to remember though that the Pals don't consider any Israelis innocent because they all grow up to serve in the army. therefore women and children are fair game.

That is a legitimate philosophical point. Don't you think forced military service is sick? Sick meaning unhealthy?

BTW, the orthodox are allowed to avoid military training/conditioning.

I personally don't endorse it nor violence. But then, I don't have to live there, they do and they are both steeped in cultural/religious/legal backgrounds and customs of their own; some shared, some diametrically opposed. Ultimately it's THEIR lives and not ours or Irans or Syrias, etc.
Doodad

Postby theeKultleeder » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:05 am

Doodad wrote:I personally don't endorse it nor violence. But then, I don't have to live there, they do and they are both steeped in cultural/religious/legal backgrounds and customs of their own; some shared, some diametrically opposed. Ultimately it's THEIR lives and not ours or Irans or Syrias, etc.

It's OUR lives. We are humans on planet Earth in the 21st Century.
theeKultleeder

Postby 5E6A » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:37 am

Doodad wrote:Edward Said is the worst fraud in academia in centuries.

Care to support this with verifiable documentation? You take many to task here for making sweeping statements, yet seem to have little compunction about bandying them about yourself. Maybe time to take the Board to heart and apply some rigor to your posting?
5E6A

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Doodad » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:53 am

5E6A wrote:
Doodad wrote:Edward Said is the worst fraud in academia in centuries.

Care to support this with verifiable documentation? You take many to task here for making sweeping statements, yet seem to have little compunction about bandying them about yourself. Maybe time to take the Board to heart and apply some rigor to your posting?

Sweeping statement? Looks pretty freaking SPECIFIC to me.
Doodad

Postby AlicetheKurious » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:24 am

I don't get it.

Doodad says that Palestinians "don't deserve" a state because they are terrorists.

But international law says they do, not only "deserve" a state, but that the zionist occupation of their lands is criminal, and they have the legal right to resist it, including armed struggle against the military forces of the occupation.

Someone points out that the Israeli occupation disproportionately targets civilians, who bear the brunt of the suffering and deaths, women and children above all.

Doodad does not respond.

Doodad says that Israel is not a racist state, posting a list of misleading and unsupported statements as evidence.

I post FACTS about Israel's systematic discrimination of Arabs, specifically mentioning some of the racist laws used to enforce a system of apartheid, again in violation of international law.

Doodad does not respond.

Doodad says that Sunny is "jingoistic".

Someone asks for examples.

Doodad does not respond.

Doodad says that "Edward Said is the worst fraud in academia in centuries".

5E6A asks for evidence to support this bizarre statement.

Doodad does not respond.

Doodad says that "Palestine can not have resolutions issued against it because they do not have member status".

Doodad is thus evading the fact that Israel is in violation of more UN resolutions, including the binding resolutions of the Security Council, than ANY OTHER member state.

This includes Resolution 194 (III), which Israel signed and agreed to comply with, as a CONDITION for its acceptance as a member of the UN.

Resolution 194 calls for the return of the Palestinian refugees to their homes, or the payment of negotiated reparations for those who choose not to return.

Palestine has Observer status at the UN, which authorizes it to participate in UN debates and discussions on behalf of the Palestinian people, but denies it the right to vote, unlike Israel, which attained Member status via a trick (reneging on its promise to implement Resolution 194).

This has nothing to do with whether or not "it can have UN resolutions issued against it", or whether or not it is obliged to comply with international law.

Oh yeah. And chlamor posts a map showing the zionist expansion into Palestinian land, which kind of demolishes Doodad's pretty fantasy of the zionist entity as a damsel in distress and the Palestinians as terrorist Nazis.

Doodad does not respond.

I honestly have no idea why anybody would even consider fire-pitting this thread.

Even the anti-Arab racism that has been openly expressed here, in my opinion, sheds light on an issue of critical importance. Not only for its Arab victims, and those who think that they are defending "the Jews" by supporting zionism, but for Americans, who are footing the enormous financial bill for this mess, while being kept in the dark.

The pretext that the subject arouses a passionate response is not, as far as I know, used to limit debate on any other topic at RI.
AlicetheKurious

Postby Penguin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:26 am

Yes. I would suggest Doodad provide an answer to all these points above, and provides references for his claims, before accusing other posters of anything anymore.
Penguin

Postby Jeff » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:50 am

theeKultleeder wrote:
There is information, and there is noise. Perhaps that could be your fire pit standard.

Good advice. And this is plenty noisy.

Off it goes.
Jeff
Site Admin

Previous

Return to FIRE PIT