More Proof Why Yelling "Nazi" Isn't Helpful

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

More Proof Why Yelling "Nazi" Isn't Helpful

Postby nomo » Thu May 15, 2008 1:39 pm

[url=http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/05/15/president-bush-compares-obamas-iran-diplomacy-statement-to-appeasement-of-nazis/]From CrooksAndLiars.com:
[/url]
President Bush Compares Obama’s Iran Diplomacy Statement To Appeasement Of Nazis
By: Logan Murphy on Thursday, May 15th, 2008 at 9:00 AM - PDT

ImageImage

During a speech in Jerusalem, President Bush jumped head first into the 2008 presidential campaign by taking a shot at Democratic presidential nominee, Barack Obama, by comparing his willingness to hold diplomatic talks with Iran to the appeasement of Nazis in the 1930’s.

President Bush’s foreign policy has been nothing short of a disaster and even MSNBC’s Pat Buchanan can’t help but call this what it is - an unprecedented smear of an American presidential candidate from outside the country. Buchanan and Harold Ford Jr. both agree that Bush has really stepped in it with these comments and the big question now, as it relates the presidential campaign, is how Senator John McCain reacts. McCain has already used the Hamas smear repeatedly against Senator Obama, but will he embrace these farcical statements of President Bush? Senator Obama immediately responds to the attacks:

“It is sad that President Bush would use a speech to the Knesset on the 60th anniversary of Israel’s independence to launch a false political attack. It is time to turn the page on eight years of policies that have strengthened Iran and failed to secure America or our ally, Israel. Instead of tough talk and no action, we need to do what Kennedy, Nixon and Reagan did and use all the elements of American power, including tough, principled and direct diplomacy to pressure countries like Iran and Syria.”
According to Will Bunch, Bush just committed an act of political treason:

And you, Mr. Bush, are the leader of us all. To use a diplomatic setting on foreign soil to score a cheap political point at home is way beneath your office, way beneath your country, and way beneath the people you serve. You have been handed an office once uplifted to great heights by fellow countrymen from Washington to Lincoln to Roosevelt to Eisenhower, and have plunged it so deeply into the Karl-Rove-and-Rush-Limbaugh-fueled world of political destruction and survival of all costs that have lost all perspective — and all sense of decency. To travel to Israel and to associate a sitting American senator and your possible successor in the Oval Office with those who at one time gave comfort to an enemy of the United States is, in and of itself, an act of political treason. Read on…
UPDATE: (Nicole) You knew it had happen. Lieberman has come out with a statement(surprise, surprise!) backing President Bush:

President Bush got it exactly right today when he warned about the threat of Iran and its terrorist proxies like Hamas and Hezbollah. It is imperative that we reject the flawed and naïve thinking that denies or dismisses the words of extremists and terrorists when they shout “Death to America” and “Death to Israel,” and that holds that — if only we were to sit down and negotiate with these killers — they would cease to threaten us. It is critical to our national security that our commander-in-chief is able to distinguish between America’s friends and America’s enemies, and not confuse the two.
I bet Holy Joe doesn’t want to be reminded that the Bush family knows all about Nazi appeasement.
nomo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu May 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Especially when you're the nazi

seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Jeff » Thu May 15, 2008 1:49 pm

Joe Biden:

“This is bullshit. This is malarkey. This is outrageous. Outrageous for the president of the United States to go to a foreign country, sit in the Knesset…and make this kind of ridiculous statement,” Biden said angrily in a brief interview just off the Senate floor.

“He’s the guy who’s weakened us. He’s the guy that’s increased the number of terrorists in the world. His policies have produced this vulnerability the United States has. His intelligence community pointed that out not me. The NIE has pointed that out and what are you talking about, is he going to fire Condi Rice? Condi Rice has talked about the need to sit down. So his first two appeasers are Rice and Gates. I hope he comes home and does something.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... s-bulls-t/
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby AlicetheKurious » Thu May 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Well, duh, if Iran was bombing, invading and occupying other countries (launching wars of aggression); conducting ethnic cleansing and implementing racist laws against 'untermenschen' (two-legged beasts, lice, etc.); expanding its borders to secure lebensraum for its self-declared Master Race/Chosen People; deliberately imprisoning and starving a captive population; and if its leaders warned about the 'threat' of the 'demographic bomb' referring to the wombs of the untermenshen among its own citizens, then the "Nazi" epithet would be very appropriate.

But it's not, is it?
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby nomo » Thu May 15, 2008 1:54 pm

AlicetheKurious wrote:then the "Nazi" epithet would be very appropriate.

Uh, no. The "Nazi" epithet is only appropriate when you're talking about, you know, Nazis.
nomo

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu May 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Since the Bush Crime Family financed Hitler's Nazi Party, any chance for high-publicity meme-reversal is exploited.

So this statement was was a wedge within a wedge within a lie.
Y'know, what Nazis do.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Searcher08 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:24 pm

nomo wrote:
AlicetheKurious wrote:then the "Nazi" epithet would be very appropriate.

Uh, no. The "Nazi" epithet is only appropriate when you're talking about, you know, Nazis.

Just as the ZioNazi epithet is appropriate when you are talking about... ZioNazis.

I wish some reporter would ask Dubya about his Grandpa's experience of the Trading With The Enemy Act.

"More" proof? That implies there was some to start with.
Searcher08

Postby sunny » Thu May 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby stickdog99 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:33 pm

stickdog99

Postby nomo » Thu May 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Searcher08 wrote:Just as the ZioNazi epithet is appropriate when you are talking about... ZioNazis.

Rrrright. And you'll sound just as smart as Dubya.

But if you get a kick out of that, be my guest.
nomo

Postby Eldritch » Thu May 15, 2008 3:27 pm

If there were as many true “friends of Israel” as those who claim to be, less time would be spent attacking comparisons between Israeli and Nazi behavior and more time denouncing the many atrocities of the Israeli regime, which have made those comparisons seem so valid—and to so many around the world.
Eldritch

Postby nomo » Thu May 15, 2008 3:32 pm

I will defend your right to exercise your perverse pleasure in calling Jews Nazis, I'm just pointing out that calling people Nazis left and right is not exactly a sign of intellectual maturity, as the original article so neatly illustrates.
nomo

Postby Eldritch » Thu May 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Eldritch wrote:If there were as many true “friends of Israel” as those who claim to be, less time would be spent attacking comparisons between Israeli and Nazi behavior and more time denouncing the many atrocities of the Israeli regime, which have made those comparisons seem so valid—and to so many around the world.

nomo wrote:I will defend your right to exercise your perverse pleasure in calling Jews Nazis, I'm just pointing out that calling people Nazis left and right is not exactly a sign of intellectual maturity, as the original article so neatly illustrates.

I take no pleasure—perverse or otherwise—in calling Jews Nazis. In fact, I have never once done so.

Oh, but I forgot. You're employing "the generic 'you'"—or claiming to.

LOL

:D
Eldritch

Postby nomo » Thu May 15, 2008 3:50 pm

"Maverick" John McCain agrees with Dubya:

Yes, there have been appeasers in the past, and the president is exactly right, and one of them is Neville Chamberlain,'' Mr. McCain told reporters on his campaign bus after a speech in Columbus, Ohio. "I believe that it's not an accident that our hostages came home from Iran when President Reagan was president of the United States. He didn't sit down in a negotiation with the religious extremists in Iran, he made it very clear that those hostages were coming home.'

Asked if he thought that former President Jimmy Carter, who struggled with the hostage crisis, was an appeaser, Mr. McCain replied: "I don't know if he was an appeaser or not, but he terribly mishandled the Iranian hostage crisis.'
nomo

Postby unaltered » Thu May 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Eldritch wrote:If there were as many true “friends of Israel” as those who claim to be, less time would be spent attacking comparisons between Israeli and Nazi behavior and more time denouncing the many atrocities of the Israeli regime, which have made those comparisons seem so valid—and to so many around the world.

The comparisons are not valid unless one has a profound ignorance about the unique Nazi experience. Making such facile comparisons, cheapens the actual events and ideology and as such is antisemitic in the extreme whether one thinks they are doing it for some higher purpose or not. It all comes down to choosing gutter strategies or not.
unaltered

Next

Return to FIRE PIT