Flamewars

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Flamewars

Postby chump » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 pm

I'm starting this thread in response to a post by Jack in another thread viewtopic.phpf=8&t=30362&p=374588#p374588 So I won't further disrupt the discussion there, I'm responding in a new a "flamewar" thread, where we could maybe carry on in the tradition described below instead of disrupting the discussion at hand.

JackRiddler wrote:.

Obvious, pointless flamewar:

lupercal wrote:
chump wrote:Perhaps, there could be a wiki subforum here, like there is for the Franklin Scandel.

An excellent idea, for a host of excellent reasons, not least that this ludicrous thread has driven away two of my very favorite RI members and should have been shut down long before Percy showed up to make it even more inane. JMHO.

I suggest a Lone Wolf Subforum, where lupercal's nocturnal eyes can find refuge from being subjected to the interests of the dozen others who continue to add to this and a couple of the other Wikileaks threads.

In view of your usually long winded, bombastic, cut and paste mountain of... occasionally worthwhile postings, I appreciate your short and sweet response above. Phuck! I had to look up "flamewar".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... lame%20war
flame war
A battle, fight, arguement, bitch-fest etc. based on the internet in a forum or message-board and sometimes in an IM Convo. It will usually be started by an angry little dirt-child who thinks the 'opponent' has done something against his or her authoritory. Some flame-wars are started intentionally to see who can spurt the best insult. Some cheaters will use images as arguments, but some images are very convincing in arguements, such as images that bring any if the following slogans over:

That sounds like you, Jack! I see a pattern developing. Lay it on me baby! Tell me why I'm a troll and you're not. You're like the snot at the ballpark who doesn't want to let me play 'cause I ain't no good.

Alright, alright, alright. Wiki is obviously a diverse and complex topic which I am trying to understand. I'm wondering if people could turn it into a good thing. The wiki threads here are over a hundred pages long; probably thousands of links, and it's almost certain to go on and on (and on)... Sorry I brought it up. Indira is not a topic for discussion. Okay! It's your thread. I didn't mean to divert any attention from whatever point it is that you are trying to make, Jack. Happy New Year? Whoa. I didn't mean to get off topic. Carry on, Mon farte, carry on.

chump

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Flamewars

Postby Jeff » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:47 pm

I think I'm either locking this now, or 20 pages from now. I choose now.

Let's not use the board this way, okay?
Jeff
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to FIRE PIT