Iceland's most active volcano erupting

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Iceland's most active volcano erupting

Postby Rory » Mon May 23, 2011 1:24 am

wintler2 wrote:
Rory wrote:It's not what you say, it's the way you say it.

No, sometimes its what you say. If i was to cloak a rationalisation for collaborating in murder in lots of feelgood vibes about how you and i share special knowledge and are different from and better than other people, and sell it in the warmest, most sincere display you've ever seen - does that make the murder okay? what about fearmongering and ignorance-peddling, would that be okay, if i pitched it right?

Kind of off topic by this stage unless we are analogizing as verbal volcanic eruptions through extrapolation of discourse.

And you're right. Sometimes it is indeed what you say.

But every thing has context and every morality is system sensitive (to quote Mr G Hardin).

We can both be right you know: me with my catch all platitudes and you with your examples of specific exception. I'm not that confident to state that I can conceive for every eventuality. Generalities are just as helpful as specifics but each concept depends on the circumstances and relative perspective.

I do believe that PP was flaming someone out for perceived spamming (not that I agree: You say what you gotta say 82-28. I don't see you giving anyone grief. and is not PP's toy to deny you a platform)
I've seen the same sentiment expressed on here, much more constructively and many a time.

(are people pissed that they missed out on being raptured?)
Rory

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Mon May 23, 2011 1:26 am

brainpanhandler wrote:Yah, yah. Whatever.

that's your response? seriously? god, what a fucking doucebag of an asshole you are.

you're a disgrace to this site and to humanity in general.
fuck you.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby barracuda » Mon May 23, 2011 1:27 am

I can't believe I'm locking a discussion about a frigging volcano.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to FIRE PIT