Spook Infiltration of Discussion Boards as RI Subject

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Spook Infiltration of Discussion Boards as RI Subject

Postby dada » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:02 pm

I'm not going to argue with you on the fine points of our differing outlooks on authority, hierarchies, what does or does not constitute disruption, or nihilism, pearteed. I think we both see pretty clearly where we stand.

What I am going to do, is apologize. Sorry for calling you a coward.

One of the benefits of actually addressing another person is, you can say you're sorry to them. When you attack phantoms, there's no one to apologize to. It just generates bad feelings all around, while leaving a space for denying responsibility for the negative effects your words may have.

I guess that didn't really sound like an apology. I'll try again. I apologize for calling you a coward. It was mean, and unnecessary.

---

seemslikeadream wrote:“Social climbing”

it's kinda like lace curtain Irish moving the dishes before they piss in the kitchen sink

Love it!
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby peartreed » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:56 pm

Apology accepted, dada. Thank you.

When we’re all anonymous here, hiding behind avatars, disputes are a bit like The Lone Ranger fighting similarly masked bad guys, or Batman beating on Robin for harassing Batgirl. That mask makes it easier to abandon reputations and image.

In fact, it reminds me a bit of Hallowe’en costume parties that quickly turn into orgies because personal identity protection no longer inhibits impulses and immorality. I think our avatars, or costume choices, still reveal a bit too much.

<adjusting lace curtains while seeking relief>
peartreed

Postby norton ash » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:45 pm

This thread is kinda crazy with a spooky little gang like youse.

(I am not a spook.)

Zen horse
norton ash

Postby American Dream » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Kinda suspicious that DJ Spooky...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ljIq0lz0qY
American Dream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:04 pm

:partydance: :partydance: :partydance: :partydance:

You know I live a life of danger
For the fbi
Keeping tabs on our nation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjwUyne3kQ
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:11 pm

Nah, it's the squirrels.... the squirrels are the spooks.

Belligerent Savant

Postby dada » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:20 am

peartreed » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:56 pm wrote:When we’re all anonymous here, hiding behind avatars, disputes are a bit like The Lone Ranger fighting similarly masked bad guys, or Batman beating on Robin for harassing Batgirl. That mask makes it easier to abandon reputations and image.

I'm not hiding behind my avatar, though. My name is George Leutz. It wouldn't be difficult to find this out. There's a little globe under my avatar, clicking on it takes you to linkcats dot blogspot, every post there has my name at the bottom. Youtube videos can be found pretty easily, of me doing various things; playing guitar, playing shows with old bands. I also hold the world record on the classic arcade game, 'qbert.'

I'm a writer, finally published just last month, in an obscure magazine put out by the Psychedelic Bolsheviks. That would be a bit more difficult to find (or purchase,) as the Psychedelic Bolsheviks don't do any marketing. I like that about them, very much. It isn't about making a buck, or being popular. It's about... making art, or something, I guess. Revolution, enlightenment. Lucid dreaming, blah blah blah.

Anyway my point is, we are not all anonymous here. I mean I'm not giving out my address and phone number, but I'm not abandoning my reputation and image, either. I just don't have much of a reputation to protect. Freedom being just another word for nothing left to lose, and all.

(And if you think it possible that some alphabet agency would tell an operative to get the world record on qbert, play music, write weird shit, make art, and post the kind of rubbish I post, I don't know what to tell you. What would be the point of all that?

Be something though, wouldn't it? ha. But no, I'm not an intelligence agent. I was told to get the world record on qbert by a very different organization. Very, very different.)
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Jerky » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:04 am

Qbert you say!

I had no idea, dada! Nice to meet you. I'll be looking out for some Psychedelic Bolshevik materials in the usual weird places.

J.
Jerky

Postby Sounder » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:25 am

I am pissed off after more allegations of spookery than I can even remember, so my apologies but this shit has got to stop.

That’s reasonable, but still might be cause for wondering why some people think this of you

The logic of the bullying is to attack the target for everything, including trying to avoid engaging with toxic bullying.

I try to stick to the questioning of assumptions, but consider non-responsiveness as being a weak point in any set of assertions. For instance, why should the rights of men that ‘feel’ they are women trump the rights of biological women?

I don't like the "Fight Club" ethos that is sustained here in part beacause of desire for a very narrow bandwidth of ideas to prevail.

You are the one that tries to ‘no-platform’ people that challenge your assumptions, not me, I want to talk about it because I do value widely varying belief sets.

The worst sorts of personal attacks are perpetuated- or simply normalized-because of this, I feel.

Attacks are generally directed at those whose ideas run counter to dominant social conditioning. As you did to me from the start by claiming I am a right-winger. This is simply a passive aggressive way to avoid having to address sticky questions.

If we can bring ourselves much more solidly into the domain of ideas and much less into the realm of personal attacks, this board will begin to get a lot healthier.

Well, that is not to be disputed, but we get ‘much more solidly into the domain of ideas’, only if we allow contrary ideas to ferment so as to produce better ideas.

Sounder » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:21 pm wrote:I have advanced several challenges to AD, without rancor, -yet never get an answer. Why is that?

AD wrote...
My interactions with you are often frustrating and unrewarding- that is a big reason why. I certainly have tried to engage with you.

Oh please, I will continue to pepper your productions with questions regarding the legitimacy of the assumptions that appear to drive your world view, ignore those questions as you wish, they are apparently directed toward others.

None of us is under any particular obligation to dance to another's tune. I wish we could all accept that more.

That is funny, coming from someone that only allows two-step dancing.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby 82_28 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:47 am

As a newly minted "handler", I am wondering why this paranoid issue was so important that it came up at all. Look at all the websites out there that move you very little but still allow comments. Sure, I'm going to weed out a "spook" or something that fancies itself as. I have thought about this tonight actually and all I can come up with is that RI is so friendly that it is a place you can get it out of your system to come here and accuse people of something they have not done. Perhaps they have. RI is so small and sort of a "road trip" we all took that yeah, the dudes sitting shotgun aren't going to become psychotic because we're sitting in front. Not driving. Sitting in front. Everyone here drives it. It is all open. Just do unto others. Assume people think what you think of them they think the same of you. Except don't. We are all people. This includes agents or something. See where the suspected agents take you with your declared rigor and intuition. Probably not too far if they are indeed agents of some sort.

RI has no agenda. To me, it has only served to make me think lo these years.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 am

B.O.Z.O

back from the shadows again

roll us a couple of bombers and leave them on the side table

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmWFrMq3qNY

we are all spooks on this bus

would you like to give it a squeeze?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby yathrib » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:20 am

FWIW, American Dream's copypasta is basically the only thing I look at on RI anymore, although I have my differences with his/her rah rah 80s college leftism. He/she was *right* about the threat of resurgent fascism. Most of the rest of the board has deteriorated into obscurantism and conspiratorial inside baseball.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst that justice prevail.

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
yathrib

Postby thrulookingglass » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:39 am

What powers have we allowed them to seize upon? In the vacuum, the space is filled with what ever vile corruption the seekers of power desire. Odd how Jeff doesn't blog anymore. Remember when this site would get hits from government computers, US Navy, etc. They can probably cover their ass with cut out corporations now, false IP's. I think we touched a nerve. Good. I will not be frightened off by evil. Evil is a weakness, not a strength. Situational awareness is what the militarist dream of. Look at the use of Facebook data in the recent election. Knowledge is power they say.
A box of spilled shotgun shells showed up at my apartment building a few years ago, all rounds intact. Brand new shiny box of 16 gauge rounds right were I used to feed a few stray cats. Strange. $20 worth of rounds that no one bothered to pick up. How irresponsible. I asked all my neighbors, being concerned as they all had younger children as to whether they knew anyone who owned a shotgun or who might have spilled a whole box of rounds without even bothering to pick them up. Even live rounds alone are dangerous, didn't like them being around, a good strike on the primer cap and pow! Maybe I'm paranoid, but if someone was trying to send a message to me, I sent it right back. I called the police, they came by and I handed them every last round, so I knew it would be in good hands. I was also aware that if anyone was trying to send me a message, they would read about it in the police reports. The Allies seized every Nazi resource they could after the war, sucking whatever science gathered through the reich's ruthless hands into theirs. The Nuremberg men say, we did nothing you didn't do, just following orders. Go kill your son calls out a voice from the void to Abrams, Christopher Hitchens says I would have told him to go fuck himself. Careful whose orders you fulfill. 9/11 was a sham and you all know it. Reap what cowardice breeds. The children are waking up after getting shot up by a ruthless society hell bent on destruction and monetary gains. People shouldn't be shot up unless it's our 'brave' soldiers doing it. I tell them the children of Syria are just as afraid of violence in the classroom as you are. Make it a world wide stand. We must end all uses of violence as a means of persuasion, or it will surely end us. There is no such thing as Military Intelligence! Let vengeance remain with that biblical god, let it not be our way. Throw down your arms and come.
thrulookingglass

Postby minime » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:18 am

yathrib » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:20 am wrote:FWIW, American Dream's copypasta is basically the only thing I look at on RI anymore, although I have my differences with his/her rah rah 80s college leftism. He/she was *right* about the threat of resurgent fascism. Most of the rest of the board has deteriorated into obscurantism and conspiratorial inside baseball.

So, you see, something for everyone.

And obscurantism and conspiratorial inside baseball.

Room for everyone on this bus. I get the middle seat.

Journey and destination.

Are we there yet?
minime

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:24 pm

yathrib » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:20 am wrote:FWIW, American Dream's copypasta is basically the only thing I look at on RI anymore, although I have my differences with his/her rah rah 80s college leftism. He/she was *right* about the threat of resurgent fascism. Most of the rest of the board has deteriorated into obscurantism and conspiratorial inside baseball.

AD has been far from alone -- though certainly the most prolific -- in touting the rise of 'creeping' fascism (in its current manifestation) within this forum's walls, though he's certainly at 'superstar status' in his granular focus on the niche groups of the genre. Most, if not all, of the regular/semi-regular forum members here are in agreement on the rise of (more overt) fascistic tendencies over the years. The factors that raise objections to AD's output have already been mentioned numerous times by several members, so will spare regurgitation.

(Edited to remove certain examples.)
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to FIRE PIT