Posting Constrained by Time

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Posting Constrained by Time

Postby Sepka » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:48 am

I've noticed that when I make a post, and try to edit it immediately (I'm not as careful a typist as I should be) I get an error message telling me that I can't post again so soon, but have to wait an unspecified amount of time before editting.

Obviously I could and should type and proofread more carefully. I wonder though if the time-delay feature serves any practical purpose, given that no-one can post on the board without first being approved by the moderator. Flooding shouldn't be a problem.
- Sepka the Space Weasel

One Furry Mofo!
Sepka

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:07 am

The flooding is set by default as far as I know. I'm not sure if the Admin control panel has settings to eliminate it, but considering there's mods to allow it for moderatorss/admins, I'd assume the flood prevention is hard-coded into the forum software.

That said, it seems like the delay on this board is longer than what I'm accustomed to. There's a mod that removes the time delay for editing as well, and I suggested it a couple weeks ago.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]