No more PHP

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

No more PHP

Postby yesferatu » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:14 pm

yesferatu

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:29 pm

I'd like to shell out for a professional forum license for Jeff if he'll recieve it.

I don't neccessarily think the phpBB software's at fault, it really seems like he's got scripting issues that his host needs to address, and I know he's taking the issue up with them, so we'll see what happens.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby monster » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:53 pm

I agree, better forum software would be nice (I wouldn't say it if I wasn't willing to chip in).

That textarea replacement wouldn't replace PHP. PHP is a server-side scripting language, whereas that wysiwyg editor uses javascript to format HTML on the client side. And HTML isn't allowed in posts.
monster

Postby yesferatu » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:00 pm

monster wrote:I agree, better forum software would be nice (I wouldn't say it if I wasn't willing to chip in).

That textarea replacement wouldn't replace PHP. PHP is a server-side scripting language, whereas that wysiwyg editor uses javascript to format HTML on the client side. And HTML isn't allowed in posts.

"I agree, better forum software would be nice (I wouldn't say it if I wasn't willing to chip in)"

Just want to ditto the chip in part on my behalf if ever a consideration for this is weighed.
yesferatu

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:47 am

Fine. Send your money order to Jeff and I'll match whatever sum from all other members are accrued. I want Jeff on vBulletin, and I'm willing to shell it out on my own if I have to..

Give me viable alternatives; enough of this free forum stuff..
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Pirx » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:14 pm

Money order?
Any other option?
The Paypal link is still broken on the blogpage btw.
Pirx

Postby monster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:08 pm

I think it should be anonymous so that way Jeff won't have to balk at kicking somebody out, even if they contributed to the upgrade.

It probably doesn't matter, though, because it's not a lot of money anyway.
monster

Postby Pirx » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:13 pm

I don't need a gold star or a "get out of shitcan free" card, just tell me where I send a contribution so we can end these maddening "cpu quota" messages before I post a picture of a bell tower in some thread and start flinging metaphorical doo-doo sticks. (someone could lose an eye....)

twitch....twitch.......
Pirx

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]