RI Board acting strange in Firefox

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

RI Board acting strange in Firefox

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:34 pm

For the last week or so, I have been unable to post to RI. I am mostly a lurker, but I've wanted to post a bit and just haven't been able to. Why? The Post Reply and New Post buttons are just, um, gone. So is the background and the logo at the top.

It's strange. I'm using Firefox 3, the recent build. I have few extensions installed - Firebug, the Web Developer extension, the Google Anon one, and Noscript (which is not enabled for RI - in fact currently just turned off).

Here's a screenshot to indicate what I mean.

I'm posting this from Internet Explorer, which works fine. But I hate IE, and it is not really part of my workflow to have it open. Any ideas why my Firefox is choking on RI? Anybody else having this problem?
§ê¢rꆧ

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby monster » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:51 pm

Maybe somebody adblocked those images. Do you subscribe to an adblock list? (I think that's how it works, but I really have no idea what I'm talking about).

I use FF3 also, and the same thing happened to me recently, but on a different forum. The buttons disappeared. Everyone else swears nothing is wrong.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Hmm, no, no adblock installed, and ad blocking is turned off in my firewall.

The funny thing is this has happened in the past with Firefox, briefly here and there (on the RI board), at least the part with the logo and background disappearing, but I've always been able to post. I just attributed it to a bad http session or something. But the problem isn't going away for me now.
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby Jeff » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:25 pm

§ê¢rꆧ, I'm sorry I haven't responded earlier. Somehow I'd missed this thread.

Are you still having trouble? I use Firefox as well, though I haven't updated yet to the latest version.

I have had occasional trouble using Firefox here, though nothing that looks quite like yours. Typically it corrects itself after I clean my cache.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:44 am

Thanks for the reply... I was just wondering if anybody else was having the problem. It must be something specific to my configuration.

I tried clearing the cache and that did no good. :(

I also noticed I'm missing the little document icons you can click on to get the post id link.

I guess I'll try re-installing firefox and see if that helps, or get used to posting in Internet Exploiter.
§ê¢rꆧ

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]