Request, email notification

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Request, email notification

Postby Sweejak » Sat May 23, 2009 6:22 pm

I've got hundreds of topics that I've subscribed to, but for some reason the notifications stop coming and by the time I find the topic I've missed a month of replies and it's too time consuming to catch up.

Is it possible to make the email notifications stickier? In other words, to make it so that when you get an email notification of a reply to a subscribed topic, that you get more than just one notification that must be clicked on? As it stands if you miss one notification you will get not others and you're likely to only find out after pages of missed replies.

Also, on some other forums your notification comes with the actual content of the reply so you can see if you really want to reply, for which you must go on to the forum. That's pretty handy, because you don't have to go to the forum to reactivate the email notification. This is great when there is a flame war going on or things have gone too far off topic to hold your interest but you still want to track the entry.
Last edited by Sweejak on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweejak

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sweejak » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:17 pm

bump
Sweejak

Postby sunny » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:23 am

Sweejak I'm sorry we've missed your inquiry. I'm also sorry I have no idea how to help you. I'm having sort of the same problem, wherein I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications of pms. I haven't changed my settings so I do not know what is going on.

I'll direct Jeff to your thread.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Sweejak » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:46 am

Thanks Sunny.

Notification on some threads never seem to come back unless I track them down.
Sweejak

Postby Sweejak » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 am

This email notification thing is really bugging me. It seems arbitrary, but if I'm gone for a day or so it seems like my email notifications go dormant, I have to go back to threads I'm following, it says I'm watching but I find myself pages behind in the posts.
Sweejak

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]