New forum support

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: New forum support

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:33 pm

mentalgongfu2 wrote:It's not an overwhelming hassle to right-click on links to open in a new tab, but is there a way to change the default so links open in a new tab or window instead of the existing one, and would anyone beside me appreciate it?

Sorry, man. Unfortunately, you can't. The phpBB devs hard-coded this behavior citing security or some such bullshit. I guess they didn't want people saying the software allowed direct linking to hazard sites, malware, etc.

All you need to do is click a forum link with your mouse's center button and a new tab will open in your browser window. It drove me nuts when I first started using it, but after a couple days you won't even notice it.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Windows Media Player embedding added.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 am

edit: myspace player ain't gonna work.
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:20 am

Marquee added, damn this is pretty cool oh shit here comes the left hand wall, look out! cya!
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:29 am

I saw a ghost here once:

Yes, it works. Click and drag inside the image.

Now we can have an official RI Ningen spotting competition.

:party:
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:33 am

Fonts? OMG They have IMPACT! The journophile in me is sated.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby monster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:12 am

et in Arcadia ego wrote:Marquee added, damn this is pretty cool oh shit here comes the left hand wall, look out! cya!

:doh: NOOooooooooo... We just upgraded from 1999, not to 1999... :jumping:

And please, for the love of God, remove the blink button, quick before anyone notices...

Oh the Image Humanity!
Last edited by monster on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 am

Choke on it.

:woot:

Hey, look at it this way: Hugh's posts are going to take on a whole new dimension when he starts using that shit.

:hihi:
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby monster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:31 am

Fair enough - and I just realized I've been nitpicking without putting it in context, which is basically that you've done a fantastic job here. The board wasn't down more than a few hours, and it's back online with virtually no glitches.

So, marquee away...

. :ufo:
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:58 am

cheers.
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:46 am

Ok, we have the beginning of an avatar gallery, which I'm quickly populating with select bits taken from one of my favorite digital artists, our host Mr Wells, in addition to others.

When you are on your avatar page, look towards the bottom and you'll see a 'Display Gallery' link. From there you'll have your choice of a number of provocative and thought provoking(and some just cool looking) images that will help with facilitating the illusion of your RI persona appearing far more lofty-minded and complex than it actually is.

12 avatars in there now and counting. I have a ton of material to draw from, so there should be room for everyone if they'd like to use them.
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby monster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Edit: dammit, never mind, it fixed itself. I wonder what I was doing wrong yesterday that I couldn't get it to work. Oh well.

It used to be that if I was logged into the forum and closed out the tab, if I went back to the forum I was still logged in (as long as I hadn't closed the browser).

But now, I have to re-log in every time :shrug:

(Checking the "log me in automatically" box when logging in doesn't help.)
monster

Postby matrixdutch » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi,

I checked my User Control Panel, and my BB code is active, but I still see code like this in older posts:

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>

like this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8743

Is there something I missed?

p.s. - is there a chance that vBulletin will be used in the future?
Our truth consists of illusions that we have forgotten are illusions - Nietzsche
matrixdutch

Postby Jeff » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi, matrixdutch. Sorry about that. See this post (the afflicted threads can still be read code-free on the old board):

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26819

Not likely changing to vBulletin in the near future.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby matrixdutch » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks for the help Jeff!
Our truth consists of illusions that we have forgotten are illusions - Nietzsche
matrixdutch

Previous

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]