This Post Designed to Be Deleted: A MODEST PROPOSAL FOR RI

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: This Post Designed to Be Deleted: A MODEST PROPOSAL FOR

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:21 am

psynapz wrote:Am I the only one here who uses the "View active topics" link at the top as my primary RI interface? You don't miss the subfora OR the latest comments this way.

Also, thx Wombat for saying it. The wikileaks threads are pissing me off. Like, worse than the worthless thread titles. Or unpunctuated, poorly-written, annoying-to-the-point-of-being-dementing thread titles. *coughslad*

shut the fuck up, go to hell, who cares what you think, don't click on my threads, don't read my responses, asshole, you piss me off, who the fuck are you anyway? Take your cough and stick it up your fuckin' where the sun don't shine ass, you piece of shit

and
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby psynapz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:30 am

Montag wrote:I don't know if there's any way to look this up, haha,

Wow, really? White text links on blue background, right under the logo.

There's also googling with site:rigorousintuition.ca along with your query.
Montag wrote:I think the amount of threads that I have started has been down recently. I try to only start 2-3 threads per day, so as not to "over contribute", haha.

If you aren't just taking the piss, how about trying to bump 2-3 threads per day instead?
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Montag » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:30 am

Occult Means Hidden wrote:Board etiquette is the same everywhere just about.

I've been on numerous boards and I'd say that board etiquette varies from board to board. This board has a fascination with continuing existing threads that I've never observed before. Also a lower level of appreciation for civility than many other boards. A more laissez faire moderation policy and also some other boards do use their subforums. I have seen other boards where General Discussion dominates but that is by no means a usual circumstance.

That's all I can think of right just this minute, haha.
Montag

Postby Montag » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:33 am

psynapz wrote:
Montag wrote:I don't know if there's any way to look this up, haha,

Wow, really? White text links on blue background, right under the logo.

There's also googling with site:rigorousintuition.ca along with your query.
Montag wrote:I think the amount of threads that I have started has been down recently. I try to only start 2-3 threads per day, so as not to "over contribute", haha.

If you aren't just taking the piss, how about trying to bump 2-3 threads per day instead?

I think people use RI differently. Mostly what I read are the new posts. Any thread I have not participated in I do not read. I'm unlikely to bump any thread that I have no knowledge of and have never participated in.

I find MinM's bumping slightly disturbing, and rarely read anything he bumps. Just using him as example, apparently that is what people want? MinM seems to be a good guy, one of the best here in fact, I didn't intend to take a shot at MinM.

edit: I think disturbing was not the right word about MinM's bumping, but I have scratched my head over it a few times.
Last edited by Montag on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Montag

Postby Montag » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:36 am

brainpanhandler wrote:Biting tongue.... must resist.... wubba, wubba, wubba...

Why biting tongue? Did you think you landed in the forum for shrinking violets all of the sudden?
Montag

Postby justdrew » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:41 am

:hamster:
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Montag » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:43 am

Like right now of the top 15 or so threads, I have not followed the Assange in Blonde land thread, I have not followed the King Kill 33 thread, I started out reading some of the Wikileaks question thread but dropped out of it, I was part of the Randy Quaid thread for awhile but haven't looked at it in some time and I have not read the Ronald Hadley Stark thread.

You see threads have a flow to them. Sometimes a random article or random anything really can be thrown at a thread (or in the middle of it), but I try to staying away from doing that. Threads run their course IMO.
Last edited by Montag on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Montag

Postby psynapz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:46 am

SLAD the Eloquent wrote:shut the fuck up, go to hell, who cares what you think, don't click on my threads, don't read my responses, asshole, you piss me off, who the fuck are you anyway? Take your cough and stick it up your fuckin' where the sun don't shine ass, you piece of shit

Words on a screen, my emotionally-disturbed comrade. Words on a screen. You can choose to interpret them as the good-natured ribbing they were formed to represent, or I suppose you can go all apeshit just begging for well-deserved mod action instead. Which is to say, get a fucking grip. Pretty please, for all of us? You're great at following important stories and it would be a shame if you got yourself banned over a stupid post like this one.

*cough* *cough*
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:48 am

psynapz "the asshole" wrote
Words on a screen, my emotionally-disturbed comrade. Words on a screen. You can choose to interpret them as the good-natured ribbing they were formed to represent, or I suppose you can go all apeshit just begging for well-deserved mod action instead. Which is to say, get a fucking grip. Pretty please, for all of us? You're great at following important stories and it would be a shame if you got yourself banned over a stupid post like this one.

*cough* *cough*

Don't worry your pretty little head about me getting banned missy, no way is that gonna happen. I can assure you of that. Good natured? Are you fuckin' kidding me? Please

Line 'em up sweetie let's take a vote on your assessment, who's all of us?

You are the emotionally-disturbed comrade here, love, not me. I just won't take bullshit from the likes of you

good-natured ribbing they were formed to represent? Screw you, don't try and back track now
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Nordic » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:08 am

All I can add is that one thing I like about this forum is that meta threads like this are few and far between THANK GOD.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:21 am

OMFG! This seriously is not happening right now, is it? I don't understand. Count this as another thread where 82_28 says, chill the fuck out and I think many of us here like both of you.

I do have to say I do hate Droogs. Long story. Perhaps one day I'll tell it.

Why can't we just discuss the topic of how to possibly improve our common Internet hangout? There is no harm in that and nor is there any reason for any of this to be personal.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:31 am

I'm down with the bumps and MinM is the masterbumper. I have no problem with what he does at all. It shows an intense amount of natural RAM and he often brings up shit I missed years ago. He is fully welcome and has turned me onto all kinds of obscurity, just as many of you do. I don't see any issue here whatsoever. I am able to navigate this shit easily and according to my girlfriend today, I'm a "fucking idiot".

I just want to get Wombat banned at this point, because now everybody is quarreling and that ain't cool. :wink
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:35 am

82_28 wrote: nor is there any reason for any of this to be personal.

oh don't ya know 82, it was all in fun calling me demented, "SLAD the Eloquent" worse than the worthless thread titles, Or unpunctuated, poorly-written, annoying-to-the-point-of-being-dementing thread titles. *coughslad* my emotionally-disturbed comrade.

good-natured ribbing, my ass

Do you really think anyone here believes that?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Montag » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:38 am

82_28 wrote:I'm down with the bumps and MinM is the masterbumper. I have no problem with what he does at all. It shows an intense amount of natural RAM and he often brings up shit I missed years ago. He is fully welcome and has turned me onto all kinds of obscurity, just as many of you do. I don't see any issue here whatsoever. I am able to navigate this shit easily and according to my girlfriend today, I'm a "fucking idiot".

I'm going to go in and change that. The reason I say he is a good guy is b/c I think he has contributed good stuff (actually has he been around? I don't think I've seen him in awhile). I have scratched my head over his bumping methods at times -- that's what I should have said. But part of his appeal is he wants to make folks think.
Montag

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:39 am

82_28 wrote:
I just want to get Wombat banned at this point, because now everybody is quarreling and that ain't cool. :wink

not everyone 82, just one person taking advantage of the thread to fuck with a couple of people. And I ain't gonna get fucked with, not by the likes of someone here that I have not learned one stinkin' thing from any of the 586 posts he's made.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]