Another false claim that I would like to set straight:

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Another false claim that I would like to set straight:

Postby lupercal » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:54 am

compared2what? wrote:
lupercal wrote:C2w, barracuda called parent Manfredonia "the culprit." I called Rodia a "local criminal," which according to Hearst paper Westport News, based on a local police report, he is. And if you have to stoop to lengthily quoting 3rd-party material I never posted to smear me you lost your case some time ago. But the fact is, neither of you ever had a case, just the usual pack of lies.

Have it your way. I regret the misunderstanding.

Thank you.
lupercal

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby DrEvil » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:43 pm

lupercal wrote:p.s. here's a nice pic someone snapped of you and Jack:

Cool! I want to be the stylish guy on the right.

So what if the manifesto was in English? All that shows is that Breivik has a decent command of the English language, not exactly an uncommon thing around here. He also spent several years putting it together.

And of course the trial was in Norwegian. Why the Hell wouldn't it be?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby lupercal » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:30 pm

^ well, to start with, if Norwegian potato-farmer Breivik spent several years in Britain writing a flawless 1,515-page dissertation in perfect Thames English pondering among other things the charms of Ted Hughes' (English) poetry, the debased state of the (English) university, and oh yes, the influence of Greek natural philosophy on same, as in this excerpt from pp. 256-7:

Greek natural philosophy, however, became fully integrated into the university curriculum in Europe. As Grant explains, page 244-45 --

"It is important to point out that not only did university-trained theologians fully accept and embrace the discipline of natural philosophy, but many, if not most, of them were eager and active contributors to the literature of natural philosophy. It is for that reason that it is wholly appropriate to call them 'theologian-natural philosophers.' They were equally at home in both disciplines and were keen to import as much natural philosophy as they could into the resolution of theological problems, while avoiding any temptations to theologise natural philosophy. This explains why some medieval theologians can be equated with the best of the secular natural philosophers, such as John Buridan and Albert of Saxony. Some theologians, such as Albertus Magnus and Nicole Oresme, were clearly superior to them. By their actions, theologians in the West were full participants in the development and dissemination of natural philosophy. They made it possible for the institutionalisation of natural philosophy in the universities of the late Middle Ages, and therefore its extensive dissemination. . . .

http://info.publicintelligence.net/Ande ... ifesto.pdf

-- then he clearly had international assistance, to put it politely, making this an international crime. It certainly received international attention. And as I mentioned, the whole world was watching, and for better or worse, English, not Norsk, is the current international lingua franca. So why the hugger muggery? :shrug:

p.s. if you really want to talk about Breivik, which I doubt, you're going to have to start your own thread to do it, as I expect this one to be eventually locked unless the mods have all abdicated in solidarity with Benedict XVI which I will admit is a thoughtful gesture. . . . :D
lupercal

Previous

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]