With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:52 pm

I am definitely no sycophant but I have been called a cohort by various characters and regarding various things. Not sure what sort of cohorting I do though since they rarely provide specifics.
Hunter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby compared2what? » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Searcher08 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:42 pm wrote:
compared2what? » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:11 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:53 pm wrote:band of sycophantic cohorts winning almost 3 to 1

non CW cohorts - No The permanent ban should stay
28%

band of CW's sycophantic cohorts - Yes The permanent ban should be lifted
72%

Great. And when that's done, I guess we can started on the others who are plenty to blame, whoever they are.

It wasn't a nice thing for him to have said. But is it really that impossible to see that almost EVERYBODY vents without naming names sometimes for very understandable reasons -- some good, some bad, but usually including not wanting to pick fights with them -- ALL THE TIME?

I don't know. Asking who's being spoken of once is always totally justified, imo. But obviously you should suit yourself and not me.

I appreciate what your saying, the problem with it from my PoV is that it always creates more problems than it's worth.

I wouldn't say always. Might be the better part of valor sometimes. But yeah, it's definitely generally better to say what you mean whenever it's not harmful to self or others. Couldn't agree more, in principle.

Just about everybody lapses in practice, though. And that's really very understandable, however enraging it may also be when it appears to be about nothing more than plausible deniability.

That's all.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby solace » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 pm

barracuda » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:49 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm wrote:band of sycophantic cohorts winning almost 3 to 1

28%

72%

The socks are "winning".

So whatta ya think? If the socks, "win," will the mods give in? Or is this just an academic exercise?
solace

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:57 pm

would you clarify that comment? Would that be socks as in sock puppets?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:03 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:24 pm wrote:Did anyone here call the 7 members of RI that voted for CW to be permanently banned names like a little child?

No but I think someone should, they should be called out and shamed for their behavior and unwillingness to support free speech by showing support for the silencing of CW.

Just in case nobody gets it, I am kidding.
Hunter

Postby compared2what? » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:52 pm wrote:I am definitely no sycophant but I have been called a cohort by various characters and regarding various things. Not sure what sort of cohorting I do though since they rarely provide specifics.

You can lead a cohort to culture, but you can't make it think.

(Just playing with the Dorothy Parker quote. I don't mean you.)
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:14 pm

barracuda » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:46 pm wrote:
Searcher08 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:55 pm wrote:
Ben D » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:42 pm wrote:
barracuda » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:44 am wrote:Allow me to preemptively delegitimize the whole idea of polling this decision.

- We already have an excellent system for dealing with these situations - a panel of highly respected, longtime forum members, hand-picked by the site admin, make decisions with him based upon the infraction at hand, the past history of the poster, personal appeals by pm and forum postings, and previous moderator threads dealing with the poster and other posters in similar situations.

But then there's precedent...like when you don't like a mods ban decision...

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=507536#p507536

I LOL-ed

How very middle school. LOL away, by all means, but my post linked by Ben D is exactly what I stated in my list, a personal appeal. I didn't set a precedent. That avenue has always been available when member have a disagreement with the mods. Why is that so? Because it's a discussion forum, hello.

S0 I stated a request to Jeff and The Mods for reconsidering, WR suggested a Poll. Voila

I am LOL-ing- in my preemptively delegitimized way :sun: But not in a nasty way. I spent ages today trying to come up with options for a Poll, to have anything but a bloody binary vote I was really baffled when you accused me of doing some weird NLP Poll stacking voodoo.
Just a wee bit of context - look up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_man,_one_vote#Northern_Ireland Growing up there really turned me off unfair voting - you know like when if you own a business, you get multiple votes!!
AFAIK there is no link between NLP and polling.
Searcher08

Postby KUAN » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Fer Chrissakes C_W, if they let you back in, be like those Canadian Mounties…, when they feel provoked, what do they do? er.. they get on their horse, yes, that's it... and ride around for a bit…

KUAN

Postby Jerky » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Are you serious?

Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote? Or are you just behaving poorly because the vote isn't going the way you'd like?

Jerky

barracuda » 21 Jul 2013 23:49 wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm wrote:band of sycophantic cohorts winning almost 3 to 1

28%

72%

The socks are "winning".
Jerky

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Jerky » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:51 pm wrote:Are you serious?

Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote? Or are you just behaving poorly because the vote isn't going the way you'd like?

Jerky

barracuda » 21 Jul 2013 23:49 wrote:

28%

72%

The socks are "winning".

It should be the old principle "one sock, one vote."
Hunter

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:06 pm

that sounds so familiar

Theonomic Reconstructionism: One God, One Vote:
Howard Ahmason, Sr.
Died: 1968

Savings and loan mogul. Founder of Home Savings of America. The Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles is named for the Ahmanson family.

Great Mausoleum

Theonomic Reconstructionism:
One God, One Vote:

Theonomic Reconstructionism is a belief that the only true authority is God's, that allegiance to biblical laws trumps that of civic law and that the Kingdom of Heaven needs to be built on Earth before Jesus will come again. In addition to that, homosexuals should be put to death, women should be banned from civic office, apostates and heretics should be stoned to death and there is a great need for more Christian politicians.

According to the Reconstructionists, Jesus would do what Howard Ahmanson did. Ahmanson inherited his money from his father, owner of Home Savings & Loan (during the S&L scandal of the Reagan years, Home's investors, mostly small family investments, lost over $150 million dollars. No one went to jail). In addition to funding PACs and think tanks, Howard Jr. parlayed his fortune into the majority stock of a business called American Information Systems (AIS) started by two enterprising brothers, Todd and Bob Urosevich. AIS later merged with Business Records Corporation (BRC) and became Election Systems & Solutions (ES&S). ES&S is the number one provider of touch-screen voting machines. Their website claims that their products were used in collecting 56% of the national vote in the last presidential elections.

Todd Urosevich is now Vice President of ES&S. Strangely enough, brother Bob moved on to head the second largest computerized vote-counting business, Global Election Systems, recently purchased by ATM and security giant Diebold. (They now have both the Ohio and Georgia contracts.) In a round table swap of incestuous patronage the previous executives of Global moved on to head the third largest vote-counting company in the nation, Advanced Voting Systems. Combined, these three corporations will process nearly 80% of the next nationwide elections.

http://www.tabletnewspaper.com/politics/73_tftgk.html
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby barracuda » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 pm

solace » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:55 pm wrote:So whatta ya think? If the socks, "win," will the mods give in? Or is this just an academic exercise?

Exercise.

seemslikeadream wrote:would you clarify that comment? Would that be socks as in sock puppets?

Yeah.

Jerky wrote:Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote?

Do you have any that they aren't?

Or are you just behaving poorly because the vote isn't going the way you'd like?

False dicotomy. I am saying the poll is illegitimate, meaningless, and subverts the forum. I don't care if Canadian_watcher comes back or not, frankly, because I know she'll just act up again, and probably end up banned.
barracuda

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 pm

wow CW has 22 identities here?...Is that allowed?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 pm

barracuda » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 pm wrote:
solace » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:55 pm wrote:So whatta ya think? If the socks, "win," will the mods give in? Or is this just an academic exercise?

Exercise.

seemslikeadream wrote:would you clarify that comment? Would that be socks as in sock puppets?

Yeah.

Jerky wrote:Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote?

Do you have any that they aren't?

Or are you just behaving poorly because the vote isn't going the way you'd like?

False dicotomy. I am saying the poll is illegitimate, meaningless, and subverts the forum. I don't care if Canadian_watcher comes back or not, frankly, because I know she'll just act up again, and probably end up banned.

So these aren't just your regular old sycophant cohorts, they are the SUBVERSIVE kind.

"The Plot To Seize RI"

By Smedley Butler and Jules Archer

Spooky.

:wink:
Hunter

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 pm wrote:wow CW has 22 identities here?...Is that allowed?

I think 23 is the limit without a doctor's letter.
Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]