With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Moderators: DrVolin, 82_28, Elvis, Jeff

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby compared2what? » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:06 am

seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 pm wrote:humor is posted with a smilie :D

sarcasm is posted in green

I saw none of that


But you saw the part where he said that the either/or between seriously making the claim and just being pissy that Jerky suggested was a false dichotomy and explained what he meant, right?


This bolded part right here:

barracuda wrote:
Jerky wrote:Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote?

Do you have any that they aren't?
Or are you just behaving poorly because the vote isn't going the way you'd like?


False dicotomy. I am saying the poll is illegitimate, meaningless, and subverts the forum. I don't care if Canadian_watcher comes back or not, frankly, because I know she'll just act up again, and probably end up banned.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
User avatar
compared2what?
 
Posts: 8383
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:17 am

Gut wrenching for what it means for the board. This was a bad move. Sorry guys. It just was. This is purely on principle not on non existent personal feelings.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
User avatar
82_28
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:34 am
Location: North of Queen Anne
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 am

compared2what? » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 am wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 pm wrote:humor is posted with a smilie :D

sarcasm is posted in green

I saw none of that


But you saw the part where he said that the either/or between seriously making the claim and just being pissy that Jerky suggested was a false dichotomy and explained what he meant, right?


This bolded part right here:

barracuda wrote:
Jerky wrote:Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote?

Do you have any that they aren't?
Or are you just behaving poorly because the vote isn't going the way you'd like?


False dicotomy. I am saying the poll is illegitimate, meaningless, and subverts the forum. I don't care if Canadian_watcher comes back or not, frankly, because I know she'll just act up again, and probably end up banned.



Did you miss this?.....This bolded part right here:

seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:25 pm wrote:here's where that is coming from....and I don't actually believe it but it was said

barracuda » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:49 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm wrote:band of sycophantic cohorts winning almost 3 to 1

non CW cohorts - No The permanent ban should stay
7
28%


band of CW's sycophantic cohorts - Yes The permanent ban should be lifted
18
72%


The socks are "winning".



barracuda » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:21 pm wrote:
solace » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:55 pm wrote:So whatta ya think? If the socks, "win," will the mods give in? Or is this just an academic exercise?


Exercise.

seemslikeadream wrote:would you clarify that comment? Would that be socks as in sock puppets?


Yeah.

Jerky wrote:Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote?


Do you have any that they aren't?

Or are you just behaving poorly because the vote isn't going the way you'd like?


False dicotomy. I am saying the poll is illegitimate, meaningless, and subverts the forum. I don't care if Canadian_watcher comes back or not, frankly, because I know she'll just act up again, and probably end up banned.
All of this misogyny is making me nostalgic for treason
on trump/russia
"Colluded" is only a word confused people use
The word and crime is conspiracy
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 28317
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby compared2what? » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:56 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:24 am wrote:
compared2what? » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 am wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 pm wrote:humor is posted with a smilie :D

sarcasm is posted in green

I saw none of that


But you saw the part where he said that the either/or between seriously making the claim and just being pissy that Jerky suggested was a false dichotomy and explained what he meant, right?


This bolded part right here:

barracuda wrote:
Jerky wrote:Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote?

Do you have any that they aren't?
Or are you just behaving poorly because the vote isn't going the way you'd like?


False dicotomy. I am saying the poll is illegitimate, meaningless, and subverts the forum. I don't care if Canadian_watcher comes back or not, frankly, because I know she'll just act up again, and probably end up banned.



Did you miss this?.....This bolded part right here:

seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:25 pm wrote:here's where that is coming from....and I don't actually believe it but it was said


No. I just completely misunderstood it. (Thought you meant that you couldn't believe it had been said.)

Sorry. I could/should have seen that wasn't the only way to read it.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
User avatar
compared2what?
 
Posts: 8383
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby Col Quisp » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:10 am

Project Willow » 21 Jul 2013 23:03 wrote:Concur with JD. It's near time to move this thread anyway.

I'm beginning to wonder if interpersonal conflict feels safer and more compelling than what's going on in the world, sort of like our own little incestuous version of celebrity media.

That's a good explanation for this - I was wondering why I seem to be interested in this thread when I did not even know her and wondered why this thread is so popular, in general, instead of something really important.
User avatar
Col Quisp
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:13 am

brainpanhandler » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:12 pm wrote:
Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:36 pm wrote: There has to be some give and take, some tit for tat for there to be any progress.


Interpreting this charitably, yes.

No one here need ever reveal the slightest self doubt. No one here need ever give even an inch or express the teensiest honest self reflection, ever.

But guess what. If they did, my hardened heart would instantly start melting. I'm a sucker for that.

Think about it. Ask yourself which members regularly question their own assumptions, regularly publicly air their own misgivings, regularly apologize and admit error without reservation, regularly feel secure enough to open up and reveal their own weakness, vanity, humanity? Regularly offer opportunities to let go of the past and begin anew?

Who are those members? Those are my friends here. I love them as much as one can love someone they have never met.


Why don't you lay out why you hate me so much and then maybe we can get over this feud and put it behind us? Because I would like to do that but I have no idea what your problem is with me...I have an idea but really not quite sure...you know like "feel secure enough to open up and reveal their own weakness, vanity, humanity? Regularly offer opportunities to let go of the past and begin anew?" I will if you will....I believe there are only 3 or 4 people here that have a big problem with me and maybe if you laid it out on the table we could get over it.
All of this misogyny is making me nostalgic for treason
on trump/russia
"Colluded" is only a word confused people use
The word and crime is conspiracy
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 28317
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby Col Quisp » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:29 am

MODS PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD NOW
User avatar
Col Quisp
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:31 am

:P

but first let's take a poll on that
All of this misogyny is making me nostalgic for treason
on trump/russia
"Colluded" is only a word confused people use
The word and crime is conspiracy
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 28317
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 am

@slad,

Hate is way too strong a word. I'm not sure I actually hate anybody.

If you're serious I would be willing to have a dialog via pm. Maybe something good can come of all this.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
User avatar
brainpanhandler
 
Posts: 4934
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:16 am

brainpanhandler » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:56 am wrote:@slad,

Hate is way too strong a word. I'm not sure I actually hate anybody.

If you're serious I would be willing to have a dialog via pm. Maybe something good can come of all this.



sure am serious and so to not continue this here I will pm you
All of this misogyny is making me nostalgic for treason
on trump/russia
"Colluded" is only a word confused people use
The word and crime is conspiracy
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 28317
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby Jerky » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:23 pm

If we learned one thing from this ridiculous thread, it;'s the obvious fact that the mods were bald-faced LYING about having any "regrets" about perma-banning Canadian Watcher.

Sanctimonious, hypocritical assholes.

But not all of them. Only MOST of them. So this isn't a personal attack, and therefore I am following the rules.

See how that works?

YOPJ
User avatar
Jerky
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby Jerky » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Oh, I forgot to add pompous and self-righteous!

YOPJ
User avatar
Jerky
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby barracuda » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Come now, my old pal, it's entirely possible to regret a decision yet know in your heart it was the right thing to do. Alternatively, their regret may be that the actions of Canadian_watcher forced them to do something they would rather have not.

You are being entirely uncharitable.
User avatar
barracuda
 
Posts: 12887
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:58 pm
Location: Niles, California
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby Rory » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Has banning C_W been an invitation to some people to go ahead and behave like her?
Rory
 
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby rollingstone » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:23 pm

such as wintler2 and barracuda, BPH and maybe you, yourself now? it seems so, yes.
rollingstone
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Admin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest