Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

should hugh manatee wins be unbanned?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Yes please
69%
No thanks
31%

Total votes : 35

Re: should hugh manatee wins be unbanned?

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:45 am

Sad but in a while he'll soon be
back on the HMW train..

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Col Quisp » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 pm

UNBANE HIM!
Col Quisp

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Wombaticus Rex

Postby Nordic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:46 am

I'm with Wombat on this.

I like this forum WAY better without HMW's constant trolling. Indeed, he was never remotely interested in discussion and his techniques were consistently disruptive.

Part of the reason it bugged me so much is that I am extremely interested in the same subject matter -- propaganda, social conditioning, media, etc. etc.

But he was like his own bizarre form of limited hangout, and slamming it over the head of every single thread.

He was a huge pain in the ass and I don't miss him one bit.

I also think he was, in all seriousness, mentally ill. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that, but trying to discuss anything with him was like trying to discuss something with a paranoid schizophrenic. Impossible.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:33 am

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:11 pm wrote:I wish Hugh was here, too. Because if he was, that would mean he found the restraint within himself to discuss his own theories without coming across exactly like Gene Ray: this explains everything, and you understand nothing until you accept that.

I'm extremely interested in the subjects Hugh wanted to discuss, even more so than the WOO subjects he so despised. I was frustrated, though, by the fact Hugh was never very interested in actual discussion. While he was quite capable of posting 300 LexisNexus results to dispel questions through sheer weight of citation, when it came time to drill down to specifics, Hugh was suddenly exhausted with the whole conversation.

This is pretty common with longtime observers of psyops, though: once we settle on an explanatory model, we don't have to question so much, so often.

I wish Hugh was here because I have serious questions about how deeply he engaged with the material he claimed expertise in, and as things stand now, I'll never know.

Which is appropriate, for our line of work. Cheers to HMW. Write a fucking book already.

I miss his voice however maddening he may have been at times, which is more than I can say for some others.

Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:03 am wrote:Is Hugh still using "Sig Mickelson" as an alias anywhere?

Not to my knowledge. I haven't gone looking for him recently though.

I agree with Barracuda:

barracuda » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:34 pm wrote: It's just very hard to imagine a man like Hugh desisting in his prosthelytizing.

He has to be out there somewhere. Has to.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:24 am

I have a vague memory of him saying towards the end that he had found a publisher. Found him a really baffling mixture of someone who had incredibly detailed, in-depth knowledge of some areas - like - yet in others he was in a froth about things that were really, well... old.

I too found his actual lack of engagement with genuine wanting to know more and understand him strange... maybe to maintain a mystique?

- and as for when people had the temerity to try to 'be their own Manatee'... :starz:
Pan unleashes a pre-emptive octopus's cloud of black ink to muddy the waters.
While I show time, place, and incident correlation with media counterpropaganda , Pan makes real movie psy-ops appear to be just free association.

:sun: FTW

I did lose some respect in the Hollywood Scripting thread, when trying to engage him on specifics, as I (from personal experience of the people involved) knew what he was saying was creating connections that existed only in his mind.
Searcher08

Postby Nordic » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:44 am

Does anyone remember an incident, some years back, where someone here wrote up a brilliant parody of a HMW post?

I can't remember who wrote it, or even what the thread was about, but it was beautiful and devastating.

I would love to read it again if anyone knows where it is or how to find it.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:24 am

Nordic » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:44 am wrote:Does anyone remember an incident, some years back, where someone here wrote up a brilliant parody of a HMW post?

I can't remember who wrote it, or even what the thread was about, but it was beautiful and devastating.

I would love to read it again if anyone knows where it is or how to find it.

Sounds like the work of Nathan, but I have no specific recollection of it.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby SonicG » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:00 am

I agree with Wombaticus and Nordic but more the latter. He could not resist threadjacking, then claim he was being attacked, because of course he was right, Fonzie was named as such to hypnotize the masses into not looking into the Kennedy assassination because some obscure player had a similar name...and all of that should be dumped into a thread on Kubrick or whatever.
He really struck me as a naivish 60s acid casualty, like the ones who became adamant evangelicals, searching through old TV guides and listening to Mae Brussell. Which is odd because I found that the use of entheogens really opened me up to the world o' WOO (fuggit, I'll embrace the term) and gave me a much more satisfying perspective on the world. The map is not the territory and all that shit...The lack of other forums that would even give him the time of day notwithstanding, I can certainly see his reluctance to post online could be due to massive cynicism - who isn't immune to it at times if you're over 40 or so. 50 years on from the Kennedy murder and Empire doesn't seem to be one step closer to shutting down operations. Of course maybe he realizes that he will soon have to be learning Chinese to understand what prominent soap opera character names in that country are being used in the service of maintaining hegemony over such a massive country...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby alan ford » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:36 pm

I would vote Yes if I could...for some reason I can't vote...I was perceiving his writings almost as the literature...making new connections between the brain cells...as with literature it could have been fictional or not...
alan ford

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:50 pm

alan ford » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:36 am wrote:I would vote Yes if I could...for some reason I can't vote...I was perceiving his writings almost as the literature...making new connections between the brain cells...as with literature it could have been fictional or not...

I can't vote either. And neither can OP ED.

I pm'd justdrew about it awhile ago and he hasn't found the problem or hasn't gotten around to getting back to me. I am reluctant to hassle him as I believe his labors here are generally of the love variety.

I think Hugh should be allowed access to the Psyops and Meme Management thread only. It would be a weird accommodation and I am not sure if it is technically doable, but I imagine it would be.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby InfraGard » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:29 am

brainpanhandler » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:50 pm wrote:
alan ford » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:36 am wrote:I would vote Yes if I could...for some reason I can't vote...I was perceiving his writings almost as the literature...making new connections between the brain cells...as with literature it could have been fictional or not...

I can't vote either. And neither can OP ED.

I pm'd justdrew about it awhile ago and he hasn't found the problem or hasn't gotten around to getting back to me. I am reluctant to hassle him as I believe his labors here are generally of the love variety.

I think Hugh should be allowed access to the Psyops and Meme Management thread only. It would be a weird accommodation and I am not sure if it is technically doable, but I imagine it would be.

Either that or the blog feature. If I could vote however I'd vote to totally lift the ban.
InfraGard

Previous

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]