For Jeff and the MODS

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

For Jeff and the MODS

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:27 am

Dear Jeff & MODS,

I have a concern.
It is about a new poster.
My intuition says there may be more going on than meets the eye, but I lack the rigour to do the needed. My intuition is that there is an attempt to damage the board in a way I have not seen for a long time; this is very qualitatively different from the fights that have occurred her due to very polar opinions eg Icke, Atzmon etc. This concern is mirrored in the number of people of long standing here who have expressed similar concerns to me.

Please not this is NOT about content - to use an analogy Sepka would have many views that people here dont like, but conducts themselves in a faultless way. This situation is the reverse of that.

The old saying "By your fruits you will know them" comes to mind - and I am seeing member after member being affected in a negative way by this individuals divisive behaviour, which occurs almost every time they post. I think they have been registered on RI and were probably banned.

Many moons ago, Jeff, you described yourself as being like the 'Landlord of the R.I. Pub' - ultimately it is you who decides what is acceptable here. To use your metaphor, a person has arrived who has been knocking drinks over, starting barfights and glassing people and I thought I should tell you.

Please would you have a look?

My additional techie suggestion is to check IP addresses and emails for a past match and for use of a proxy or whatever you use to do due diligence re banned posters coming back to disrupt again.

best,
Searcher08
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: For Jeff and the MODS

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:41 am

thanks for posting Searcher

I would have thought calling me an enabler of sadistic pedophiles (on his second day of posting here) would have opened the door to this sooner....but I guess a more lengthy moderation was needed :roll:

I know some thought I was just being super sensitive....but the problem was I wasn't the only target
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby American Dream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:52 am

Yes- definitely seems like someone who knows many of us well- taking their story at face value they were a serious, serious lurker.

Personally, I have a sense there of many well-prepared axes to grind...
American Dream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:55 am

American Dream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:52 am wrote:Yes- definitely seems like someone who knows many of us well- taking their story at face value they were a serious, serious lurker.

thanks so much I'm really glad you have spoken up about this AD.... and you didn't fall for his sucking up to you
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Elihu » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:57 am

so carol how ya doing this morning? i'm great thanks! i believe / hope / beg forgiveness if i am out of that window of decorum requiring the welcoming of a newcomer. you bring fresh spirit to old subjects here. i think you'll find it well moderated by dedicated, responsible, learning, caring and rigorous moderators. happy conversing!!! e
Elihu

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:32 pm

American Dream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:52 pm wrote:Yes- definitely seems like someone who knows many of us well- taking their story at face value they were a serious, serious lurker.

AD, I really appreciate you saying that - for me your description nails it.
Searcher08

Postby Perelandra » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:41 pm

I have no idea about this Carol persona, but I'm fairly certain there are a couple of socks around. I'm about equally certain that there's nothing which will come of my having such ideas, unless their behavior becomes insulting enough to be banned again.
:hrumph
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Postby Project Willow » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Let's not have a public discussion solely about another poster. Please pm the mods with your concerns, and make sure to flag posts you feel violate the guidelines.

I will say also, I've been swamped with work the last month or so, and although I've been watching, I haven't caught every single interaction.

SLAD, bejebus that sounds awful, will you send me a link?
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:10 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37290&p=524079&hilit=sadistic+pedophile#p524079

Re: A Redskins Shirt At The Holocaust Museum
by Wombaticus Rex » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:17 pm
Carol Newquist » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 pm wrote:
I would imagine sadistic pedophile rings are thankful for your speaking for babies, as well. You've given them carte blanche cover to traumatize young toddlers and infants since you, as their spokeperson, said trauma doesn't affect them.

I don't think this argument has to do with anything being brought up here. Please chill on this lunatic rhetoric. Please refrain from sniping. Please dis-engage from personal arguments. Please stop poking SLAD and acting shocked when you get a reaction. Please. Stop.

this is the 5th day of posting here....he started with me on the 2nd day of posting

I will pm you a list of people here that he has gone after...I believe Iamwhoiam has gone because of him
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:10 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37290&p=524079&hilit=sadistic+pedophile#p524079

Re: A Redskins Shirt At The Holocaust Museum
by Wombaticus Rex » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:17 pm
Carol Newquist » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 pm wrote:
I would imagine sadistic pedophile rings are thankful for your speaking for babies, as well. You've given them carte blanche cover to traumatize young toddlers and infants since you, as their spokeperson, said trauma doesn't affect them.

I don't think this argument has to do with anything being brought up here. Please chill on this lunatic rhetoric. Please refrain from sniping. Please dis-engage from personal arguments. Please stop poking SLAD and acting shocked when you get a reaction. Please. Stop.

this is the 5th day of posting here....he started with me on the 2nd day of posting

I will pm you a list of people here that he has gone after...I believe Iamwhoiam has gone because of him
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 pm

It's only been 5 days?

Well, this persona has crashed into a board of often antagonistic cats and found a way, by its exemplary behavior, to turn them into a united herd after all.

;-)
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:57 pm

JackRiddler » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 pm wrote:It's only been 5 days?

Well, this persona has crashed into a board of often antagonistic cats and found a way, by its exemplary behavior, to turn them into a united herd after all.

;-)

I meant that he posted that to me 5 days after being here ....he started posting on Sept 30

Who would personally attack IanEye? :?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby barracuda » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:27 am

This thread needs a poll.

Choose any two:

- Carol is obviously a sock of a banned poster, but since we can't prove that yet he should be allowed to remain while we compile an evidence dossier.

- Carol has massively pissed off a gaping swath of long-time posters, steered thread after thread into pointless cat fighting, and sullied everything clean and good about the Rigorous Intuition Unwritten Code of Fair Play. He is hereby instated as a moderator. All privileges, authorities, and regrets attendant to the position are hereby applied retroactively back to his first posting.

- Carol's picayune focus on personalities rather than issues conflicts with an imagined fairytale board culture wonderland, causing wig-flipping and paragraph formatting errors. By doing so, he closely conforms to the de facto board culture ghetto, and is welcome to a seat at the table as part of the family, like a weird uncle nobody wants to sit next to.

- Carol is rude, annoying, and says despicable things about everybody. Since this isn't really against the rules per se he may continue in this fashion, forthrightly sallying on.

- Carol won't answer questions he doesn't feel like answering, just like everyone else here. He may stay, and his Obamacare coverage is automatically upgraded to the more groovy "Silver" level.

- Carol may stay, but in the name of fairness and equanimity, so may the rest of us.

- Carol, rolling doubles, has landed on Boardwalk with three houses developed. Pay rental fees of $1400 to the bank and roll again.

- Carol may stay, but only until Hugh's account is re-activated, at which juncture Carol's account is to be de-activated. In this way the board achieves a fine-grained continuity of teeth-gnashing and frustration. Forum alert level: ORANGE.

- Carol may stay, but everyone else is banned. Pick a new username, we're starting over fresh.

Personally, I'm boycotting this farce.

barracuda

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:21 am

barracuda » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:27 am wrote:Personally, I'm boycotting this farce.

The only untrue line in that fine comment of yours. Self-evidently. Was most entertaining, up to that point. Am still laughing. Thank you.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Perelandra » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:01 pm

:rofl2
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]