4th base

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

4th base

Postby DrVolin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:03 am

I am trying to decide whether fourthbase is a troll.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 4th base

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:58 am

Yeah, he certainly has returned to the board with a bang.

I almost locked his "The IanEye Theory of Personality" thread a couple of times, and he really does seem to be relishing the fruits of his button-pushing.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby DrVolin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:48 am

I sent him a warning over his order to Nordic to leave in the Boston bombing thread.

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:34 am

I just threw down the gauntlet. We'll see if he walks into it.

Bruce Dazzling wrote:Attention Fourth Base,

You have violated the board rules regarding personal attacks several times in this thread.

One more personal attack will result in the suspension of your account for a duration to be determined by mod consensus.

Attention EVERYONE,

I can't be here 24/7. None of the mods can be here all of the time and read everything. Having said that, if you see anything that you feel requires intervention, please send one or all of us mods a PM.

Let's get this thread back on topic, and keep it on topic.

Carry on.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:46 am

Doc,

Can you send me the warning you gave to Fourth Base?

I want to see if he specifically violated any of the warnings you gave to him, in which case we should just go ahead and suspend him.

Thanks,

B.D.

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby DrVolin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:31 am

I told him that while I understand the emotion, his post ordering Nordic to leave the board was over the line. I asked him to edit it. No reply so far.

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:15 pm

I just suspended Fourth Base for a week.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36259&start=1095

Bruce Dazzling wrote:
FourthBase wrote:
Canadian_watcher wrote:
FourthBase wrote:
Canadian_watcher wrote:
FourthBase wrote:
What we are seeing in Boston is a preview of that police state — a kind of “coming attractions” look at it. The mindless post-capture applause for the army of police who implemented the “lock-down” of the city after the marathon bombing was part and parcel of that police state.

Someday, those cheering images will make a great clip in some Leni Riefenstahl-style propaganda film glorifying whoever is the current maximum leader of the American dictatorship.

This, I will not tolerate.

SLAD, is this your personal opinion?
Or do you stick to posting links in order to hide behind them?

I know these people. I am myself one who applauded, in my home, at the television.
I am the furthest fucking thing from mindless. I am the furthest fucking thing from a Nazi German.

I know you might prefer if I weren't here. Then you could doom-i-cize and scorn Boston with glee.
But I am here. I am HERE. I am these people you scorn. That makes shit like that personal.

Okay I've been watching this bullshit for long enough without jumping in because it isn't my fight - but come ON. This is why I don't come to RI very often anymore. In EVERY THREAD there's some blowhard asshat running around demanding people censor themselves.
In this thread it's all over the place and IMO this kind of belligerent rhetoric is nauseating.

You don't OWN the opinion or facts on Boston, 4B. You don't have special rights to dictate the appropriate responses/questions/links/observations - do you think you do? I have no idea why you're being permitted to rage and insult and harrass in this thread but let me tell you buddy, that's what you're fucking doing. You sound like you've gone completely off your rocker. Listen to yourself - !!!!

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

What is your hometown? Who are your friends, your family? Who are you?
What if I said that you and everyone you know is a mindless Nazi? Cool? You happy?

Censor yourselves? No, how about: Be thoughtful.
Is that a request for self-censorship, if you can't be thoughtful?
Then, yeah, censor yourselves. Thanks.

so what you seem to be saying is "get out of my way, this is PERSONAL FOR ME, and since it is PERSONAL for ME I get to set all the parameters of behaviour for debate and discussion!" That very sentiment, to me, is what pretty much got "us" (the whole fucking world) into the War on Terror in the first place.

If the parameters are "No calling an entire city of people including several of our regular RI members mindless Nazi-lovers", then sure, please set those parameters for yourself. Or, mods, please set them. It's not just me, dude. Realize that, say, IanEye is also being called a mindless Nazi-lover. Oh, you don't want to call him that, because he's cool, and I'm admittedly an asshole? Tough. That's what you're doing. Yes, this is personal. This is a real city. These are real people. I am real. I exist. IanEye exists. My family and friends are real. IanEye's are, too. We are not actors. We are not what you think we are, or what we are being called. I have tried to explain what we are, why we clapped. Have you bothered to read it?

Fourth Base,

You've been publicly warned on this thread for personal attacks.

You've been publicly warned on this thread for making vague "disinformation agent" accusations.

Now, you're cherry picking quotes and then completely and histrionically misconstruing them.

For the record, nobody is "calling an entire city of people including several of our regular RI members mindless Nazi-lovers."

Nobody did that, which means that all you're doing is shaking sticks at hornet's nests, which is ALSO something that I've warned you against in the past week or so.

You're doing this thread far more harm than good, and even though you've done an admirable job of cagily modifying your tactics after each specific warning I've given you, I'm suspending your account for one week for chronic thread disruption.

Please get this thread back on topic, everyone.

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby DrVolin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:50 pm

It was going to happen eventually.

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby DrVolin » Mon May 13, 2013 5:07 pm

I am starting to think that both 4B and CW need a vacation, for the sake of the rest.

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon May 13, 2013 5:28 pm

DrVolin wrote:I am starting to think that both 4B and CW need a vacation, for the sake of the rest.

4B needs a permanent vacation, but unfortunately, slad won't allow me to confront him about his PM shenanigans.

CW is another story, though. I have no love for her at all, but I have this nagging feeling that something strange is going on with the board. This feeling has only gotten stronger as Jeff has read multiple messages from me over the past 10 days but hasn't responded to any of them. And all while his board is sort of imploding from hate and distrust. I believe that the barracuda "stealth mod" issue may run deeper than drew is letting on, which is why I haven't suspended CW, and it's also why I asked Jeff to address that very issue publicly so that everyone can have some final closure on it and move on. The more he ignores me, however, the more I suspect that something is amiss.

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby DrVolin » Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 pm

He posts on Facebook pretty much every day. Maybe message him there? I noticed that JackRiddler has also pretty vanished from here but is very active on Facebook. I don't like what is happening to the board.

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon May 13, 2013 7:55 pm

DrVolin wrote:He posts on Facebook pretty much every day. Maybe message him there? I noticed that JackRiddler has also pretty vanished from here but is very active on Facebook. I don't like what is happening to the board.

I'm doing my best to remain somewhat anonymous here, so I don't want to message Jeff on FB. Besides, I haven't had any problem getting him to read messages from me, he just won't respond to them.

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby DrVolin » Mon May 13, 2013 9:42 pm

4B just sent me a very aggressive message about my locking of the thread. If you're ok with it, I will give him one week, and CW 2 weeks.

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 pm

What did he say to you?

In any event, I've officially warned 4B 5 or 6 times over the past 3 weeks, in addition to his one week suspension, so I have no problem with him getting 2 weeks.

What are you suspending C_W for?

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue May 14, 2013 10:22 am

FourthBase wrote:
It's all such bullshit. such utter hypocritical bullshit.

I agree.

Oh, wait...

You weren't talking about yourself?

Nevermind, then. LMFAO.

See above for 4B's latest bit of trollocity. He was quoting Drew, incidentally. He just didn't use the quote function properly.

In any event, I'm suspending him indefinitely, which means for a length of time to be determined by moderator consensus, by which I guess I mean whatever you and I agree to.

My opening bid is ... permanent.

Whattaya say?

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Next

Return to Moderators