IS JOSEPH CAMPBELL AN ANTI-SEMITE?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

IS JOSEPH CAMPBELL AN ANTI-SEMITE?

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:47 am

I locked slad's IS JOSEPH CAMPBELL AN ANTI-SEMITE? thread as per her request as the OP.

BPH immediately PM'd me to complain about it and to inform me that he's just going to start another one. Oh, he also PM'd Jeff to complain about my "unprecedented" decision.

Am I mistaken, or have we not made a habit of respecting an OP's decision to lock his/her threads?

In semi-related news, what, if anything, can be done about slad's hyperventilated arm-waving that pretty much turns threads into unnecessary personal battles? It's really getting old.

I'm all ears.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: IS JOSEPH CAMPBELL AN ANTI-SEMITE?

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:04 pm

I think the OP always gets precedent, definitely.

(I also think that another thread about the same dumb question is....bleaugh.)

I felt how SLAD composed herself during that entire thread, and several others recently, was noisy and regrettable. Having attempted to discuss behavior with SLAD in the past, though, I know she generally takes criticism as a personal attack. Which is...really the whole problem.

I have the nagging suspicion I've contributed nothing to this thread.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Project Willow's response via PM was pretty masterful. Kudos.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:37 pm wrote:Project Willow's response via PM was pretty masterful. Kudos.

Agreed.

Her response makes me realize how much patience I've lost over the past two years as a mod.

I need to find my inner Willow.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Well, my sense of SLAD is that the interpersonal conflicts probably would have gotten her suspended a lot more often if she weren't contributing to the extent she does.

And I've long questioned whether that extent almost amounts to spamming, you know? BPH was hardly out of line in pointing out the many hundreds of unanswered OP's she has thrown up over the past 2 years. (Not "thrown up" meaning vomited, more of an "against the wall, see what sticks.")

I am, of course, a deeply paranoid and borderline autistic individual, but yet I am not even remotely suspicious of her intentions, I think it's a good heart profoundly outraged. And, like CW or Jerky, there's some coherence problems. I need to watch myself around that because I take my own verbal acuity utterly for granted and have far too little patience for people struggling to communicate, which is unfair.

While I have no idea how to gradually impart the very Zen lesson of "please stop taking responses to your OP material as attacks on your person," it's really not any of our jobs -- even as moderators! -- to do that.

Ongoing patience is the only cure.
Wombaticus Rex

Return to Moderators