Latest from SLAD

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Latest from SLAD

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:35 pm

PM to me:

I had no idea about his personal life I actually thought he was a she all this time....but now a am throughly pissed about his last post to me and I want something done about it .....and I want all the mods to know about this harassment he has been pulling on me and then blaming me for it....I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT...PISSED IS REALLY NOWHERE NEAR HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW

...at a loss for how to respond but I'm not going to while I'm @ work.

Just FYI, I will still get back to her once I have beers in me.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Latest from SLAD

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Who is slad referring to?

My guess is either BPH or AD.

Searching the threads...
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Found it.

FFS

Just posted this in the thread:

Bruce Dazzling » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:50 pm wrote:Ok, you've both (slad and Iamwhomiam) had your say with regards to personal comments about one another.

No more discussion of posters. Discuss the topic or don't post.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Hit everyone back on PM -- I think we can smooth that one over, Iamwhoiam will probably understand.

Still, the bigger picture here is SLAD being a consistent problem, it's a bummer.

This is a good test of my tolerance! It's hard for me to be sympathetic to someone who gets offended so...grandiosely. But I have to! This is good.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Jeff » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Just received:

seemslikeadream wrote:
http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... =8&t=36579

I believe this thread is beyond the pale...gone on 20 pages longer than it should ...isn't that what you established a fire pit for or the ability of a lock? Many threads here received that fate way sooner

I believe AD who start yet again another thread on David Icke is utterly overstepping his bounds as a poster here...now we have the owner of the website he linked to in his OP here posting.

I believe that guy's website is the antithesis of what RI is all about... why you started this place...I love this place I love everyone here and that's why I am writing to you ...I find that thread as a slap in the face to everyone here

I believe this new guy is only here to promote his website and for that reason alone and is never intending to post about anything else ...never bring anything worth while to your board...

I believe this is all to the detriment of RI

I have always tried to bring stuff here and never have I promoted anything other than learning something new a least a couple times a day...I know this board is not about me and if I leave it will be no big deal to any one and that's not why I am writing to you...

In 9 years I have never threaten to leave here...I guess in my mind I came very close a couple of times but I thought about it and always changed my mind

I'm not sure if I will continue posting after today that thread is a major distraction for me and to tell the truth I think it stinks to high heaven...

AD has posted the same link over and over in that thread...he has brought up Icke several times in the past with the same old same old crap and he is cross posting links from his mega thread...btw that thread is a one of a kind here also...maybe he could have his own forum? :)

well I've said my peace...maybe it's a farewell note ...but it is definitely a thank you note for all these years of putting up with me...if I am gone for good I really needed to at least tell you that...

I've enjoyed myself immensely here over the years for the most part and I wanted to leave before it got too ugly to end up with a really bad taste in my mouth before my exit

Thoughts?
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:45 pm

I think the votes of support in the goodbye thread with change that.

I wish SLAD wouldn't take such umbrage to everything -- I also wish she wouldn't get so offended when I bring that up!

Still, she contributes a lot, surely a lot of noise, but that's fine. It's all coming from a good, committed heart.

I do want to say that trying to keep up with asking people to discuss concepts, not people is comically exhausting lately. Like I mentioned, that's a big part of why I just let that Icke thread go.

Really at a loss for where to begin now that so many interpersonal conflicts have spun out of control over the past week.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:45 am

The Doc put it best in slad's I am leaving thread.:

DrVolin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:48 pm wrote:As long as people are discussing the merits of Icke's views, I don't see a need to intervene. You can easily ignore the one poster whose views you find objectionable, although you probably shouldn't.

I'd hate to lose the content that slad provides, but she really does allow personality conflicts to get out of control way too often, which turns potentially good threads into ridiculous flame wars. If she can't coexist with posters who challenge her viewpoints, then it might be best if she does go away for a while to recharge her batteries, because I really don't think there's much, if anything, we can do as mods to solve the problems she's complaining about.

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Here's my impasse:

American Dream » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:41 pm wrote:
Wombaticus Rex » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:37 pm wrote:AD, I think you're officially Avoiding the Question at this point.

The question is based on an unsubstantiated premise. Searcher is welcome to provide specific quotes.

I want to just say No more abstractions, homey, this thread has gone on too long: explicitly state who you have a problem with and why you think they are a threat -- otherwise you really need to stop casting aspersions on this community "in general"

I think Icke is a poodle tard, but I also have no problem with CW or slimouse sticking up for him. I really don't think RI will every have anything resembling any credibility with whoever AD is worried about impressing. Like, WE ARE TERMINAL HERETICS here. I think his unsubstantiated premise is getting increasingly poisonous: that some populist political movement will emerge from the hotbed of RI. I even challenge the premise that it should. That's the last legacy I'd want.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Anyways, looking for clearance to engage AD bluntly. I think I'm suited for it. We get along.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Jeff » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Roger that. You are cleared to engage.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Well, mission accomplished: I managed to get ignored almost completely, while in the process considerably racheting up everyone's ad-hominem rhetoric.

I don't think that's what I was trying to do, though.
Wombaticus Rex

Return to Moderators