Icke.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Icke.

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:54 pm

So, we got a 30 person vote - 20 lock it, 10 don't. Seems clear enough.

I'm curious about exit strategies, takeaway lessons. I want to stress the "discuss concepts, not contributors" rule, and the Icke thread as a valuable example of WHY.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Icke.

Postby Project Willow » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:55 pm

I can't believe what a shitstorm this has all turned into!

First of all, however angry people are, they shouldn't be allowed to speak to each other as Slad has just done here: http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=512765#p512765

That deserves a warning.

I share BPH and AD's concerns over locking the Icke thread based on majority rules, and without precedent. With the exception of C_W, and even though it's gone almost completely personal, but there aren't any outright rule violations going on, atm.

The issue is, no one is taking a break and stepping back which is what I think all the major parties involved need to do now before two threads go nuclear.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Project Willow » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 pm

One problem I have as a mod is I have no idea of standard protocols. If Slad need be warned, is that done via pm or within the thread?
Project Willow

Postby DrVolin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:53 pm

I just locked it, and not based on majority rules. I am also suspending CW for a week for the terrorists posts. There are limits to exploring the limits.

As for protocol, I am not aware that there is one, but I usually try to intervene through PMs first. It usually works. People even apologize sometimes. If that doesn't work, as is the case with CW here, I bring it here for discussion and ask what the opinions are. In this case though, I am just going ahead. This is not the first, second, or tenth time that I come close to suspending CW for systematically making discussions personal.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Project Willow » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:09 pm

Thanks DrVolin. I had gone out to get dinner, and missed the latest.
Project Willow

Return to Moderators