Donovan's Geometry Page.......

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby orz » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:40 am

Has Mr. Donovan asked for money, followers, praise? If not, afford him some dignity for fucks sake.

There is no dignity on the internet.
orz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:01 am

I say we toss Donovan in a blender with Colonel Bearden and see what pours out, if there's any vicosity to such a blend to begin with..
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Sounder » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:46 pm

When people go to the movies, a play, or maybe take in a book, they make the experience deeper by suspending the rational mind and showing preference for a participatorier attitude. At least one can LOOK for substance instead of shutting down any relationship before it can be even be recognized (as potentially positive).

My look back tells me that Mr.Donavan is quite smart, even if, of the mis-guided genius type. (Maybe, don’t know, I assume pretty much everybody is misguided.) When looking into the unknown, quite often substance is mixed with empty form. At least Michael has the guts to create, organize and defend a fresh set of ideas; more than can be said for some snipish people around here.

Not you, Kid of the Black Hole, you seem to have an interest to give as well as get.
Sounder

Postby Kid Of The Black Hole » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:47 pm

Sounder wrote:When people go to the movies, a play, or maybe take in a book, they make the experience deeper by suspending the rational mind and showing preference for a participatorier attitude. At least one can LOOK for substance instead of shutting down any relationship before it can be even be recognized (as potentially positive).

My look back tells me that Mr.Donavan is quite smart, even if, of the mis-guided genius type. (Maybe, don’t know, I assume pretty much everybody is misguided.) When looking into the unknown, quite often substance is mixed with empty form. At least Michael has the guts to create, organize and defend a fresh set of ideas; more than can be said for some snipish people around here.

Not you, Kid of the Black Hole, you seem to have an interest to give as well as get.

Yeah, I wish I could take back my initial post because I only briefly skimmed Donovan's material and figured he was just another internet crank.

Actually, he may be that, but the fact that he has followed up here says he is at least sincere in his efforts, and at worst he provides some stimulation.

That said, I don't retract the claim that much of his material is unfounded. That doesn't mean its automatically bunk, but it sure does mean it needs to be evaluated to see if there's any thing we can "do" with it.

Oh, and some of his factual contentions are a bit hard to swallow too..
How dare you question my ulterior motives
Kid Of The Black Hole

Postby yesferatu » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:48 pm

Sounder wrote:When people go to the movies, a play, or maybe take in a book, they make the experience deeper by suspending the rational mind and showing preference for a participatorier attitude. At least one can LOOK for substance instead of shutting down any relationship before it can be even be recognized (as potentially positive).

DING! DING! DING!

DING! DING! DING!

I KNEW somebody could explain it better than me!! Thank you Sounder!!

The only thing I would change is:
When people go to the movies, a play, or maybe take in a book, they make the experience deeper by suspending the western rational mind and showing preference for a participatorier attitude. At least one can LOOK for substance instead of shutting down any relationship before it can be even be recognized (as potentially positive).
yesferatu

Comic geometry + mythic 'orgone' hides chemtrail legislation

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:18 pm

I noticed that the first part of Bob Frissell's book, 'Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are' is all about geometry before getting to the topic of alien sex hybrids and 'the greys' etc.

I think the first part of his book's title is the only true thing Frissell wrote.
And there's a common pattern to the 'orgonites' and Donovan's posts.

Similarly, William Cooper's book, 'Behold a Pale Horse,' was not merely a load of horse droppings and deconstructed history with proper names and keywords all swapped around like body parts rearranged at a car accident. Cooper's 1991 book title just happened to be the exact same title a certain Danny Casaloro had shopped to publishers before he was sucided while investigating US alphabet agency shenanigans...in 1991. Maybe that's just 'synchronicity.' World of wonders.

Funny how often alien talk gets around to sex talk, too.

I thing that digging up Wilhelm Reich is a just way to link weird sex to anti-fascists for the sole purpose of justifying anti-internet legislation. You know, characterizing 'make love not war' as an indicator of possible paedophilia. There are billboards that say "One in five children is propositioned sexually online." Nonsense. Sexual abuse of children happens in the home and usually by male relatives, the classic inside job that refutes the scare-marketing of the Scary Other.

And obscuring the Congressional legislation on chemtrails like Senate Bill 517 is the sole purpose of writing about Reich's failed pursuit of his mythical orgone. Orgone doesn't exist. It was an idea like the Fountain of Youth.

Rather than 'cosmic geometry,' I see a shell game..or Shell game.
I advise others to hang on to their wallets and their bandwith.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

uhhh

Postby TooStoned » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:03 am

My look back tells me that Mr.Donavan is quite smart, even if, of the mis-guided genius type

Well, misguided is probably right...

I would have no problem with Donovan communicating his "new geometry"concepts. Indeed I wish he would be able to break it down into pieces small enough for an intellect as obviously cognitively damaged as mine could grok, even if just a little.

But I can't ignore things like this:

It will also shed light on DNA. Most believe it is a ‘twisted ribbon’. That came from my dad, not Watson or Glick. They flew one or the other to Time Magazine for the story. The science editors were making no headway. Finally they said, “get the mapmaker and make a picture of this damned thing.” That is where the ‘twisted ribbon’ came from.

Nevermind that it was CRICK not GLICK, nevermind that "twisted ribbon" is not doing one bit of justice to the incredible story of supercoiling, why the fantabulous story about his "map maker dad? Does it help understanding or does it serve as personal aggrandizement for Donovan?

Is anyone impressed by this anecdote? I'm not. In fact its statements like that convince me he's at least 90% bullshit (the rest is aroma).

And the truth is while Watson and Crick did not make most of the crystalographic images used in their paper outlining the structure of DNA, it was Rosalind Franklin

Then's there's the comments like this:
For example a new age store might have on the counter samples of pyrite formed in little cubes, a shape that crystals can but rarely take

I won't re link to the image of a cubic crystal of table salt as I did a few pages back, but cubic crystals are just as common as the condiment.

So again why does Donovan make this definitive statement of fact? Is it too illuminate us, or just let us know how brilliant and erudite we should realize he is?

Or how about this gem from the Clodbusted tread, the thread that spawned Donovan's appearance here:

This discussion is limited by the continued reference to electromagnetism. That is only one of the four (near) forces. There are instruments to measure slight gravity fluctuations and, of course, electromagnetic. The other two forces ignored. Though you cannot measure them directly, they can be measured indirectly. More by inference, and that the work of Pavlita. But ALL of the forces are now understood as specific combinations of 12 prime forces that must go through four of the twelve to have effect on this (wish I had a better word) vibration field / reality field. ‘Spin’ pairs the four forces; electromagnetism and gravity being giant compared to ‘strong force’ and ‘weak force’.

Both statements highlighted in bold are factually wrong, and display an ignorance of phyics that even surpasses mine.

But when I called him on his misunderstanding of subatomic physics this is what he posted:

Was not referring to subatomic spin, but that the entire system is in spin, everything. And in that regard said nothing about any ‘interaction between different forces” in that regard. Read it again.

But, again ignoring the mushiness of his physics, he's just lying about what he wrote, as you can see by his former quote: "

Spin’ pairs the four forces....

Here's some more classic donovanism:
Is there a ‘logic’ in music of which the binomial theorem only hints? They went back and looked at the early formations of IQ tests. The early tests in the US were precursors to what then became the ‘Army Alpha Test’; used to cull troops for WW I., ([b]which my grandfather helped develop). On the very early tests Blacks scored significantly higher than Whites. Two things were odd: First, the questions that the Blacks got right seemed to be the most difficult ones. And secondly they could not explain how they arrived at the answers. Confused the test makers adjusted the tests to the way they are today[/b].

So, daddy's a mapmaker that puts either Watson or GLICK (sic!) to shame in drawing/explaining DNA and Grandpappy developed IQ tests that turns the thoroughly debunked bell thereom on its head.

He obviously comes from a distinguished line :twisted:

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, and I'm sorry if I'm annoying by just reposting things that can be found on previous pages of this thread. But I smell Bullshit, and I ain't gonna ignore it.

Just because somebody isn't obviously selling something, doesn't mean they're not plying a scam. Even if the only thing they want to con you for is your attention, your belief, they're still scamming you.

I'm certain that Donovan is not a stupid; he obviously is well read and can write well. And I believe there is some gold in the tons of dross he tosses.

Maybe if he stuck to explaining his ideas on geometry (esp. with photos or drawings for dummies like me) I could appreciate his "new math"
Until then I'll stick to my "Low Class math" (his quote,not mine) :roll: and take everything he says with an oh so rare (ha!) grain of cubular salt...
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds" - RNM
"I'm not Coyote.You're Coyote. I'm Another One." - Wile E. Coyote (AKA Sin'klipt)
TooStoned

Re: uhhh

Postby Kid Of The Black Hole » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:58 pm

TooStoned wrote:
My look back tells me that Mr.Donavan is quite smart, even if, of the mis-guided genius type

Well, misguided is probably right...

I would have no problem with Donovan communicating his "new geometry"concepts. Indeed I wish he would be able to break it down into pieces small enough for an intellect as obviously cognitively damaged as mine could grok, even if just a little.

Hey I think for the most part you are right, but writing off cosmic/sacred geometry entirely strikes me as a mistake. I just happened upon a link with a cool interpretation of Phi and how it can conceptually explain duality.

Pardon me if you weren't the one who brought up the sacred geometry btw I may be confused bc I am going on memory after reading your lengthy post here

Various ancient cultures asked the question if there was some way to form a true proportion by using only two variables, and they found that there is indeed a way to form such a specific and exact proportion. The proportion is known, as some may have guessed or already know, as the Golden Proportion, or the number Phi. There is one way - and only one way - to create a proportion wherein there are only two variables: A:B::B:(A+B). To ensure our understanding, let's take a look at a graphic example of this most rare of proportions:

Sacred geometry, and in fact a huge portion of nature itself, backs up this idea of egolessness as a prime goal of humankind. It does so through Phi, the Golden Proportion. In the examples provided above, both the discontinuous and continuous relations describe situations in which the observer is relating to the observed by past observations - either past observations of other people's (discontinuous relation) or observations of their own (continuous relation). In both cases, it is the process of relating through ego - through relating to new phenomena via one's pre-conceived beliefs - that is being described.

With the Golden Proportion, however, secondary relation is removed. A:B::B:(A+B), where A equals the observer and B equals the observed. In other words, the observer relates to the observed just as the observer relates to the observer and the observed conjoined, i.e., added together to form a unity.

The Golden Proportion Relationship:

A : B :: B : (A+B)

where,
A = the current observation
B = the observer at the present time

The implication is that all prejudice has been removed - not simply prejudice in the modern definition of having a pre-set view on race, gender, class, etc., but the very act of taking one's mind out of the present in order to refer to anything except for what is happening right now is no longer occuring. Despite the fact that the observer and the observed (A and B) are seperate entities, they are so closely internit with one another in this type of relationship that they have been tied together once again (A+B) into a unified state, all the while paradoxically retaining their individual status.

This is only one of the major interpretations of the Golden Proportion. The example of human consciousness as observer has been used here simply because it is a situation that all of us can relate to. As we shall see, there are others, although all relate to the same central idea of diversification of form within unity relating back to unity. Let's turn now to discuss a slightly broader example, so as to understand how Phi can be applied to ideas other than human transcendence.

Phi as an expression of "Ji Ji Mu Ge":

It has been stated several times in the various Lessons that the original state of the universe is a unified one, and at some point that unity divides to create form and movement. But there has also been an insistence throughout this body of literature that the original state of unity is still exists, despite the fact that it has divided into an infinite number of forms. Various explanations have been given to explain this paradox of "ji ji mu ge," or "Thing and thing, no division," but it is with Phi that we find the most apt expression in geometry of the paradox of "one-yet-many, many-yet-one."

http://www.unitone.org/naturesword/sacr ... roduction/
Kid Of The Black Hole

to clarify

Postby TooStoned » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:22 am

Kid of the Black Hole:

Hey I think for the most part you are right, but writing off cosmic/sacred geometry entirely strikes me as a mistake

You misunderstand me, I'm not writing off sacred geometry, I'm actually fascinated by it.

However, I don't conflate sacred geometry or its metaphors with the scientific jargon used in math, physics, chemistry etc.

To do so is problematic, and often people with less than honorable motives conflate paradigms to appear "wise" or erudite to folks who don't have the scientific background to judge.

This is not to say there are not correllations between sacred and profane geometry, it is only saying that what Donovan has presented more closely resembles a montebanks sales pitch than anything else... :wink:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds" - RNM
"I'm not Coyote.You're Coyote. I'm Another One." - Wile E. Coyote (AKA Sin'klipt)
TooStoned

Postby Donovan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:06 am

This is parts of the answer in another thread wherein Too Stoned challenges for proof and won’t meet the challenge.
The answers below outline the precise steps and need for precision. Mr. Too Stoned makes one excuse after another “I don’t have a CAD program” di da di da and on and on. Anyone can get access to one or have a friend who has one and can work it.
The challenge is there. And the more who take it the better.
Some replies to Too Stoned’s rudeness below:

Should be able to explain it? Of course I can explain it. Dipshit keeps denying there are diagrams. Then he states he does not have a drawing program to verify. He can use a very large sheet of paper and a very good protractor for the angle but he might quibble, “Oh it is just somewhere between 51 and 52 degrees or such.” Crap. He should put up or shut up.
Start with the biggest circle you can construct. On, for example, Corel draw that goes to thousandths of an inch you can go up to about (forget but sixty feet or something). You need also mark the exact center of the circle The circle does not need to be any specific size. Big only because the end result will be an angle you measure, and you want it precise. There are not a whole lot of steps. Most is the tedious time taking zooming in and out.
You need also mark the exact center of the circle. That is the first tedious step. After you construct the circle, and so it does not move, outside the circle construct some ‘dot’ or cross hair that can be made smaller and smaller as you move down to center. Clicking the circle the center will appear (but disappear when not clicked – reason for marking).
Click the circle, get a general idea of center, and move your marker inside as close to center as you see. Zoom down one. Move and keep making marker smaller until you have the exact center marked. About ten steps or so and now and then you need back up as lost the marker. When the center marked as precise as you possible...Now take the entire thing and put into a layer that cannot be disturbed.
This “I don’t have a CAD program” shit is just that. Craphead made the challenge. He should put up or shut up. They are widely available. Or can have a friend do it and follow etc. No excuse.
Time for asshole to put up or shut up. Putting up is starting with step one.
So I now challenge this no-balls dumbass to follow through.
At the end the result will be obtained by guide-lining the result, double clicking the guideline which will give angle to so many places, forget, seven or eight. You may even know an engineer could do this in something very high end such as SolidEdge (about a 10 grand program I have been told). That would be neat.
(Radian check of course check on the proof – out of order). Construction first.
Donovan.
What Mr. Too Stoned has done so far is to simple take a sample of another proof, not even plane geometry, an algebraic proof, and say something to the effect: “Gee this proof has little symbols. Mr. Donovan’s proof has lines and points. Complete switch of systems. With that stupidity Mr. Too Stoned follows by simple name calling.

The proof was a geometric proof, line points, circles, arcs as in any work in plane geometry. It does not use algebraic symbols. The check however, was done in radians which does. You mixed apples and oranges.
What do you mean ‘diagramless jumble’ the diagram is there, just click on it. And go argue it if you so wish.

Go to the diagram, use the steps, see what angle you come up with.
Then go back and see if you can argue.

Donovan.
Donovan
Donovan

Postby Kid Of The Black Hole » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:08 am

Donovan, could you walk me through it step by step using a compass and a pencil? Your site has alot of verbiage which is confusing me and I'd rather try it by hand than on computer.

Because basically what TooStoned is calling a proof is just a list of steps.
Kid Of The Black Hole

donovan/jewett

Postby pitcairn » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:23 am

So, daddy's a mapmaker that puts either Watson or GLICK (sic!) to shame in drawing/explaining DNA and Grandpappy developed IQ tests

http://tinyurl.com/2q5gm9

WORKS OF ART BY JEREMIAH DONOVAN (1916 - 1982)

Jeremiah (Jere) Donovan was an artist and cartographer who trained at the Pratt Institute and the Art Student’s League in New York City. Donovan worked as an free-lance artist for Time, Inc. from 1946-1951, after which he was hired as a staff artist/cartographer for Time Magazine. In the late 1960's he was promoted to head of the cartography department at Time, and he remained at the magazine until his retirement in 1973. During his career he published over 1300 drawings in Time Magazine, including a widely recognized cover illustration of the structure of the DNA. A detailed map that Donovan drew of the Berlin Wall was frequently copied and eventually was used by the German Government. Jere Donovan loved to sketch and spent many hours in Central Park sketching visitors and objects. Donovan greatly admired the work of Jules Pascin and Toulouse Lautrec and his work reflects their influence. He chose as his subject matter everyday people, rather than professional models or socialites. His fluid and expressive drawing style enabled him to convey the moods inherent in a wide variety of subjects including nudes, landscapes, genre scenes, or still life. Jere Donovan’s work was highly sought after by commercial firms and a list of his clients include J. Wiley & Sons, Harcourt Brace, Houghton Mifflin, The New York Times, and Popular Science. He was a member of the Society of Illustrators and exhibited at Wehye Gallery in New York City. Donovan was listed in Who Was Who in the East. Jere Donovan lived in both New York City and Martha’s Vinyard, and took his subject matter from both locations. The drawings exhibited vary in size from approximately 11" X 14" to 3" X 5" and we have quite a few non-color drawings (many nudes, landscapes and genre scenes). The scans have some discoloration which generally does not appear on the drawings. Contact us for further information and prices.

http://tinyurl.com/3e3lta

Influence of affective disturbances on responses to the Stanford-Binet test
(Unknown Binding)
by Stephen Perham Jewett

http://tinyurl.com/39s8xw

STEPHEN PERHAM JEWETT, A. B., M. A., M. D.

Time was when the work of the physician was confined to treatment of bodily ills. Mental defects were considered to be visitations of Providence that could be remedied only by Divine Intervention. But great strides have been made since Wundt established the first psychological laboratory in Germany in the 'seventies' of the last century; and variations from the normal are now known to be due to a wide range of causes, physical and environmental. While some of the research that has brought to light many laws of the mind has been done by men without medical training, it is, perhaps, not too much to say that the major portion of the most valuable contributions to this youngest of the sciences have been made by members of the medical profession. And because of the close interrelation between mind and body, it would appear that no one without a broad training in the fundamentals of medicine (using this term in the broadest possible sense, of course) is fitted to treat mental ailments and defects. Therefore, within recent years there has developed within the medical profession a group of earnest, conscientious students whoa re devoting their lives to this very important branch of the healing art. A prominent member of this group in New York.

Page 149

City is Doctor Stephen F. Jewett, who holds a number of important official positions and is an author whose writings on psychiatry and cognate subjects are widely read as careful and authoritative treatises.

A glance at the paternal and maternal lineage of Dr. Jewett, including families allied by marriage, reveals that they are numbered among those early colonists who helped established the best American traditions; and that each succeeding generation maintained and enhanced the prestige of its forebears. They took part in the Indian Wars, aiding in establishing and maintaining the institutions of the new country. In times of peace these worthy patriots served faithfully in those offices of trust and responsibility to which their fellow-citizens elected them, and by precept and example helped to give currency to those high ideals of ethical relationships the influence of which is still potent in American life. According to Frederick Clarke Jewett, M. C., the family genealogist, to whom we are indebted for a large part of the genealogical data which follows, this family is beyond doubt of Norman origin. The work of a number of independent investigators seems to make it conclusive that the Jewetts are descended from Henri de Juatt, Knight of the First Crusade. The coat-of-arms brought to this country by Deacon Maximillian Jewett and his brother Joseph is described as follows on old French and English records: "He beareth, Gules, on a cross argent, Five fleurs-de-lis of the first. Crest: An eagle's Neck between two wings displayed Argent, by the name of Jewett." With exception of the crest, this is the same as the coat-of-arms borne by Henri de Juatt. The motto is, "Toujours le meme" (Always the same).

Edward Jewett, the father of the men who established the family in this country, was a merchant manufacturer of woolen cloth designated then as "clothier") in Bradford, England. He was a man of property and left his family a goodly heritage. It would appear, therefore, that his sons braved the dangers and discomforts of the New England wilderness in pursuit of political and religious freedom rather than for material gain. Edward Jewett was born in Bradford, England, about 1580. There he married Mary, daughter of William Taylor. She survived him and proved his will on February 2, 1614.

Their son, Maximillian Jewett, was born at Bradford, where he was baptized October 4, 1607. He, his wife Ann, and his brother Joseph sailed from Hull, England, in 1638, in the ship "John" as members of the colony under the leadership of Rev. Ezekiel Rogers. They arrived at Boston early in December, 1638, spent the winter in Salem, and the following spring founded the town of Rowley, Massachusetts. Maximillian Jewett was chosen deacon on December 13, 1639, and filled that office for forty-five years. He was admitted freeman May 13, 1640. He received a number of grants of land and gave the burial ground for the use of the town. he was a representative to the General Court in 1641, 1642, 1643, 1648, 1651, 1652, 1654, 1655, 1656, 1658, 1659, 1660, 1662, 1663, 1664, 1665, 1672, 1673, 1674, 1675, 1676. It is said: "He was a clothier and with his brother Joseph was about the first, if not the first, to manufacture woolen cloth in America." Maximillian Jewett died October 198, 1684, having been twice married. His first wife, Ann, was buried November 9, 1667. His estate was inventoried at £461, 15s. 1d.--a goodly fortune in those days.

His son, Deacon Ezekiel Jewett, was born in Rowley, Massachusetts, January 5, 1643. He was admitted freeman May 15, 1669, and succeeded his father as deacon, serving from October 24, 1686, until September 2, 1723. He was representative to the General Court, 1690, 1692, 1697, 1699, 1707, 1713, 1718, 1719. Like his father, he received grants of land from the town. His first wife, to whom he was married February 26, 1664-64, was Faith, daughter of Francis and Elizabeth Parratt, of Rowley. She was born January 20, 1642, and died October 15, 1715. Their son, "Cornet" Stephen Jewett, was born in Rowley, February 23, 1682-82. He married, for this first wife, on July 12, 1708, his cousin, Priscilla (Law) Jewett. She was born August 9, 1687, and died December 27, 1722. Their son, Eliphalet Jewett, was born in Rowley, January 22, 1711-12, and died September 16, 1786. He married (first), on February 27, 1733-34, Ruth, daughter of Lieutenant Jonathan and Johanna (Jewett) Pickard. She was born November 13, 1713, and died September 18, 1750. In 1757 he served as corporal in Captain Northend's company. Their son, Captain Stephen Jewett, was born in Rowley, November 28, 1743. He married, on November 27, 1764, Elizabeth, daughter of Nathan and Hannah (Mighill) Little. She was born in Rowley in 1744 and died in Waterford, Maine, in 1819. In Rowley he served on various town committees. His Revolutionary War record follows: He served eight months as sergeant in Captain Thomas Mighill's company, 38th Regiment, commanded by Captain

Page 150

Loammi Baldwin, and was stationed at Sewall's Point, Brookline. They marched on the "Alarm" of April 19, 1775, and served five days. His name also appears on the muster roll of the 38th Regiment, dated August 1, 1775. He enlisted April 24, 1775, and served three months and fifteen days. About 1790 he removed to Waterford, Maine, and in 1795 headed a petition to the General Court for the incorporation of the town. he received grants of land and was chosen deacon of the church. It was said of him: "He was keen of perception, delighted in debate, especially for doctrine as his noted controversy with his minister shows." Their son, Lieutenant Ebenezer Jewett, was born in Rowley, February 9, 1772, and died August 13, 1840. He married, in 1794, Susanna Stickney, born February 1, 1770, and died March 22, 1796. They settled in Waterford, where he engaged in farming. About 1824 he opened a public house, to the ownership of which he was succeeded by his son Farnum. This son Farnum was Dr. Stephen P. Jewett's grandfather. He cleared a farm in Waterford, where Stephen Perham Jewett, the doctor's father, was born, reared and in mature life became a successful stock breeder. Stephen Perham Jewett, Sr., married Ella Lucia Hinman, daughter of Joseph Hinman, then of Springfield, Massachusetts, but a native of Farmington, Connecticut.

The Hinman family was also prominent in Colonial history. The name is found in England, Ireland, and Scotland, also in Germany, where it is spelled Hinmann. Edward Hinman, the immigrant ancestor, came from England and settled in Stratford, Connecticut, about 1650. He was the first and only immigrant of the name in America. Tradition says he belonged to the bodyguard of Charles I as sergeant-at-arms and made his escape from Cromwell, the bitter enemy of Charles. This is probably where he gained the title of sergeant, which he held in this country. From the Dutch records at Albany it appears that he had some connection with Captain John Underhill in offering their military services to Governor Stuyvesant to fight the Indians; but the offer was declined. Tradition says that Captain Undersell disbanded his company at Stamford soon after and that from there Sergeant Edward went to Stratford. The records of that town covering the first town years were burned in 1 649 and thus the date of his arrival as been lost. He died November 26, 1681. He was a farmer owning much land and was the first owner of the old tide-mill between Stratford and what is nor Bridgeport. In Stratford he married Hannah, daughter of Francis and Sarah Stiles, who had removed from Windsor to that town.

Their eldest son was Captain Titus Hinman, born in June, 1655. He was an original settler of the town of Woodbury, signing the fundamental articles of agreement on February 14, 1672. He probably located on land which his father had already purchased. He was one of the organizers of Southbury, which was incorporated in May, 1731. He was made captain of the "Train Band" soon after he settled in Woodbury--no mean distinction at that time. He was a member of the General Assembly seven sessions between 1712 and 1720. Captain Titus Hinman was twice married. His first wife, Hannah Coe, joined the Woodbury church in 1691, and he became a member in 1697. He died April 5, 1786, aged eighty years. His son, Joseph Hinman, married Esther Downs, of Woodbury, November 16, 1714. He "owned the baptismal covenant" there in 1708. His name appears ina list of proprietors in October, 1751. Their son, Joseph Hinman, Jr., was born May 27, 1717 or 1718, and was baptized June 1, 1718. He died of smallpox, December 27, 1767. He married and removed to Farmington, Connecticut, establishing the family in the town. His children were: 1. Justus, baptized in August, 1750. 2. Joseph, baptized in August, 1750. 3. Hester, baptized in April, 1753. 4. Aaron, and perhaps another.

Dr. Stephen Perham Jewett was born in North Waterford, Maine, September 1, 1885, son of Stephen Perham and Ella Lucia (Hinman) Jewett. The senior Jewett was not a young man when he married, and through industry, thrift and business acumen he had acquired a competence which enabled him to retire from the business of stock-raising soon after his son was born. In 1888 he removed to Waltham, Massachusetts, where he made his home for the next four years. There young Jewett began his schooling. But the love of the land was strong and when the son was seven the family returned to Maine, settling upon a small farm in Norway. There Stephen, Jr., attended the Norway Liberal Institute, and later went to Kents Hill for a year. At the age of sixteen he had begun to teach school. When he had completed his preparation work he entered Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts. He was influenced to this choice through his acquaintance with a remarkable man, George Howe, an Alumnus of Tufts, who had become greatly interested in natural history, and who had founded the Sidney Smith Science Club, named in honor of a

Page 151

Yale professor who visited Norway in his vacations and greatly stimulated local interest in natural science. These early influences and associations were potent factors in determining the trend of young Jewett's thought and interest which have not changed during the intervening years. One of America's most famous educators and psychologists, G. Stanley Hall was then president of Clark University, which had remarkable departments of psychology, biology and allied sciences, and the deeper Mr. Jewett delved into these subjects the stronger became his interest. In 1904 he was graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Arts. This was followed by a year of post-graduate work, largely on yeast, for which he received the degree of Master of Arts. During his last at year at Clark, Dr. Jewett lived in the home of a Worcester physician, and this contact awakened an interest in human beings and a desire to relate his scientific work to them in a practical way. So he took up the study of medicine in the New York Homeopathic College, from which he was graduated with the usual degree in 1908. For the latter three years of his course, he lived at the Metropolitan Hospital, working in the laboratories and walking the wards with the physicians, thereby gaining a broad practical experience of inestimable value. After that, Dr. Jewett had charge of the outdoor department of the Flower Hospital for a while, and went from there to Buffalo, where he engaged in general practice as a member of the staff of the Millard Fillmore Hospital. But all this while he had no intention of remaining in general practice longer then necessary to lay a broad foundation of experiences, as the basis for the practice of his specialty. Furthermore, as might be expected of one with Dr. Jewett's cultural and technical background, he could not commit himself wholly, or even largely, to any "ology" or "pathy"; but, recognizing what was sound in every school of medical or mental therapeutics, could seize upon the good that justified itself pragmatically and make discriminating use of it. Even at that time he knew that to achieve much that was worth while it would be necessary to locate in a large city affording ample opportunities for research and practice. Accordingly he located in New York City in 1915 and set out to complete studies at Columbia University, he was also connected with the staff on one of the local sanitoriums. From 1816 to 1922 he was identified with Bellevue and allied hospitals as attending physician in the psychiatric service. During all this time hew as, of course, also engaged in private practice. When the United States entered the World War, Dr. Jewett sought to enter the service, but it was held that he could not be spared from the valuable work in which he was already engaged. Upon severing his connections with Bellevue Hospital, he became affiliated with the New York State Hospital Commission in the capacity of medical examiner in the Bureau of Deportation. His duties involved the examination of all aliens seeking entrance into this country. During all these years he was pursuing the most advanced of technical studies in his specialty at Columbia.

The result of all these deep studies and unusually broad experience was the conviction in Dr. Jewett's mind that most of the psychiatric problems that confront society have their beginnings in childhood, and that the roots of nearly all maladjustment to society could be traced to the infantile period when, to an unfavorable heredity were added many times malnutrition and a bad environment; and that prevention work, if it is to be accomplish anything worth while, must be begun at an early age. So he turned his attention more largely to mental hygiene and became psychiatrist in 1922 to the Bureau of Children's Guidance, which was a five-year experimental program instituted by the Commonwealth Fund for New York. He served in that connection for five years, and at the same time was attending psychiatrist to the United States Veterans' Hospital No. 81. Since 1922 he has also been lecturer on hygiene at the New York School of Social Work. During his long service in Bellevue the immense number of psychopathic, alcoholic and criminal cases with which he dealt convinced him fully that social service could contribute enormously to an understanding of the problems that confront the sociologist. Thus he was brought to give much attention tot field of social medicine and is now tremendously interested in the broader aspects of social work. Dr. Jewett is now director of the advisory bureau of the Hudson Guild in New York, and is trying to bring about an entirely different approach to social problems from that generally employed in the past--that is, prevention of crime; trying to teach parents how to rear children so that they will be able to meet the demands of society and thus prevent crime and delinquency. He is also consulting psychiatrist and director of research at the Berkshire Industrial Farm, Canaan, New York.

Page 152

Dr. Jewett has written extensively on topics related to psychiatry. He is one of the contributors to "Tice's Practice in Medicine." Altogether, the various medical journals have published about twenty-five articles by him dealing with medicine and nervous diseases. One of them, , the results of considerable research, deals with the manner in which emotional disturbances affect the results of psychological tests. That was published in "Mental Hygiene" in 1922. He has been called upon to testify as a mental expert in many celebrated criminal cases; one of the most recent, that which has become known as the "Gray-Snyder" case. This is unique and especially notable, because there, for the first time, the alienists for the prosecution ands defense made their examinations before the case went into court and agreed upon an opinion, thus avoiding the usual controversy. This method commends itself to the public and tends to strengthen general confidence in the value of expert testimony.

Dr. Jewett is a member of one of the oldest societies in Maine, known as the Litterati Society at Kents. He is a member of Delta Upsilon and Alpha sigma Greek letter fraternities. His professional associations include the American Medical Association, New York State Medical Society, New York County Medical Society; he is a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association; Fellow of the American Orthopsychiatric Association; New York Society for Criminal Psychiatry; New York Psychoanalytical Society, and New York Society of Medical Jurisprudence. He is a member of the Carmel (New York) Country Club, and as might be expected, the love of the great out-of-doors, born in his youth, continues unabated. Among his recreations are the study of forestry, botany and entomology, and he is a devoted disciple of Isaac Walton.

Dr. Jewett married (first) Caroline Winterton, a native of Edinburgh, Scotland. Stephen Perham, Jr., is the only child from that union. The doctor's second marriage was to Elizabeth Agnes Plunkett, daughter of John Plunkett. Four children have been born to them: 1. Mary Rita. 2. Elizabeth Plunkett. 3. Annette Plunkett. 4. Eileen Plunkett. "Stonywold," the family residence, is in Carmel, New York. But Dr. Jewett has also a farm in Carmel which he has named "Edgehill." As his interest for a number of years past has so largely centered around children and boys, this farm serves a laboratory where he can workout the various problems that absorb his attention; and besides affording opportunities for studying branches of natural History already mentioned, he can indulge his taste for gardening and horticulture.
Everything in nature has a power in it.
-Thomas Banyacya
pitcairn

I guess the stupidity is catching

Postby TooStoned » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:36 am

Kid of the black hole: follow my links (something donny the bs artist does't provide) a mathematical proof is not "just a list of steps" but rather a series of true mathematical statements that "prove" the the theorem is correct.

Pitcairn: It's lovely that you found that info, but nothing there gives one iota of support to Donny Dung Spreader's contention it was his father that came up with the "twisted ribbon" idea of DNA. Furthermore, why are you and not Donny posting that long cut and paste? It certainly doesn't prove anything other than there was a mapmaker with the last name of Donovan.

I wonder if you too have bought orgonite...

Donovan: I'll repeat it again. It is not up to us to "draw" anything. It is up to you to present a complete and whole proof if you want to claim you have a "mathematical proof"

Nothing you have posted even comes close.

I'm sure your intellectual dishonesty and rambling and muddy writing style has nothing to do with publishers rejecting your crop circle book manuscript :twisted:
TooStoned

pavlita

Postby pitcairn » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:38 am

The work of Robert Pavlita, a Czech scientist working for fifty

years in almost total obscurity, is a good example.

Pavlita built an extraordinary array of what he called Psychotronic

Generators, bizarre but exquisite metal-work creations - each about

the size of a paperback book - which serve as "batteries" for

certain kinds of psychic energy.

In his experiments, Pavlita demonstrated that the Generators can

be used to achieve an array of results:

1) causing magnetic-like behavior in such substances as paper,

ceramics and lead;

2) purifying aniline solutions; making a flywheel spin at will;

3) transferring energy in a variety of ways with the only input

being the energy of the mind.

The list is long: the key thing is that each of these events occurs

through a combination of thought (brain activity) and Generators. No

special inherent skills are needed by the operator - Pavlita's

research points to these exercises in Bio-Energy being doable by

anyone.

It amounts, in his view, to a fundamentally different form of

energy, one which requires a paradigm shift. It has to be emphasized

that Pavlita's work has always been based on science and scientific

methodology.

Unfortunately, Czechoslovakia's turbulent history has worked against

Pavlita. The greatest attention it received was from the Czech and

Soviet secret police, who kept him and his research bottled up and

isolated for most of the last fifty years.

As far as we can tell, there are only a small handful of mentions of

his work in any literature. Dr Stanley Krippner, who travelled to

Czechoslovakia to meet Pavlita in the early 1960's, devotes a few

chapters to Pavlita in his book FUTURE SCIENCE: LIFE ENERGIES AND

THE PHYSICS OF PARANORMAL PHENOMENA (John White and Stanley

Krippner - Doubleday/Anchor)
and concludes:

"...After spending three hours with Pavlita... I was impressed

by his devotion to his work. I am aware that alternative

explanations to his demonstrations exist (hidden magnets,

electrostatic effects etc.) It is also possible that Pavlita

and his daughter unwittingly have used their own psychokinetic

abilities to create the effects rather than tapping sources of

"biological energy" common to everyone. Only future research

will indicate whether the psychotronic generators are the

scientific breakthrough that his supporters suspect."

At about the same time, a reference appears in another book to

interest evidently having been taken in Pavlita's research by the

United States Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA).

Then in 1987, the Central Research Institute for Physics of the

Hungarian Academy of Sciences conducted a long and rigorous

examination of Pavlita's Psychotronic Generators and his ideas about

bio-energy. Their findings are abstracted in a 28-page report (in

English) which says:

"Magnetic anomalies have been investigated and it is shown that

the magnetization curves of [unreadable] and ferromagnetic

materials may change temporarily due to biological activation.

The apparatus, the method of the activation and the measurement

procedure are briefly described and a number of test results

are included for various materials."

In 1989, following the Velvet Revolution which brought Vaclav Havel

to power, a former Czech emigre now living in Australia returned to

Czechoslovakia and established a close personal connection with

Pavlita. The Australian is passionately interested in exposing

Pavlita's ideas to worldwide attention and having them exploited in

the various fields of relevance: medicine, computer science,

environmental control and others.

He formed an international foundation dedicated to spreading the

word about Pavlita. Last spring, he brought a group of Australian

film-makers to Czechoslovakia to make a one-hour video about the

eighty-year old and his life and times. The video was completed in

December 1991 and a private showing has been organized to take place

in New York City in the next few days.

Pavlita's diaries and papers, which are copious and exquisitely

documented, are being stored on optical disks at present, and work

has commenced in translating some of it from Czech. The entire

collection of Psychotronic Generators is currently being catalogued

and documented, and a small group of amateur researchers have been

training themselves in Pavlita's techniques, especially in how to

"charge" a Psychotronic Generator.

At this stage, the foundation is interested in doing a number of

things. First - to let people know about Pavlita's findings and

research, and to start some public discussion about its implications

for science, industry and health. Then - to create the proper

framework for additional research and development.

We are interested in trying to identify strategic relationships

which will enable the Pavlita group to move forward. If you have

some suggestions, please note the following contact points:

Outside the US: Inside the US:

The Pavlita Foundation The Pavlita Foundation

Roth Associates Roth Associates

PO Box 23637 83-15 Lefferts Blvd, Suite 5F,

Ramot Alon Kew Gardens NY 11415

Jerusalem 91236 Israel USA

Tel (02) 259051 Tel 718-847-7532

Fax (02) 259050

http://www.keelynet.com/biology/pavlita1.txt