Neither Wolf Nor Dog - Kent Nerburn

The American Discovery of Europe - Jack Forbes

The Antipodes of the Mind - Benny Shanon

Mycelium Running - Paul Stamets

Gurdjieff - John Shirley
ParisianAttackMonkey

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:08 am

I feel this is a very important information in figuring out what went wrong in the course of our development and how we can reclaim our power and experience the true nature of being human.
http://www.redwingbooks.com/products/bo ... TeaPla.cfm

Quote:
Ancient and indigenous peoples considered their knowledge of plant medicines to have come from the plants themselves. This heart-centered mode of perception can be exceptionally accurate and detailed in its information gathering if the heart's perceptive abilities are opened. The author explores this mode of perception through the work of numerous healers and researchers such as Luther Burbank, Henry David Thoreau, Masanobu Fukuoka, and Goethe, portraying the commonalities among these individuals in their approach to learning from the plant world. As Buhner outlines the specific steps involved in this method of learning, readers will gain the tools necessary to gather information directly from the heart of nature, to directly learn the medicinal uses of plants, to engage in diagnosis of disease, and to understand the implications of this deep connection.

Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:19 am

This isn't just another self-help book. It marks out the path to transformation from being a product of domestication programming to becoming a "real" human. Interesting things begin to happen when we shift our perception. :wink:

http://www.miguelruiz.com/fouragreements.html

Everything we do is based on agreements we have made - agreements with ourselves, with other people, with God, with life. But the most important agreements are the ones we make with ourselves. In these agreements we tell ourselves who we are, how to behave, what is possible, what is impossible. One single agreement is not such a problem, but we have many agreements that come from fear, deplete our energy, and diminish our self-worth."

In this powerful book that has remained on The New York Times Bestseller List for over five years, don Miguel reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. When we are ready to change these agreements, there are four deceptively simple, yet powerful agreements that we can adopt as guiding principles. The Four AgreementsTM offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby stefano » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:34 am

thanks everyone... I've been reading the site for a while and actually joined the forum to ask someone what they'd recommend I read... especially interested in anglo elites and their clients worldwide, reckon I'll start with that Caroll Quigley one.

My two cents' worth - Discipline and punish by Michel Foucault, The Territorial Imperative by Robert Ardrey, Understanding power by chomsky (think he limits his analysis to the level of money, but still a very meaty book), and Catch 22 by Joseph Heller, when you need to smile at the absurdity of the thing.
stefano

Postby ParisianAttackMonkey » Fri May 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Facts and Fascism - George Seldes

Mount Analogue - Rene Daumal

The World We Used To Live In - Vine Deloria

Sea of Slaughter - Farley Mowat

The Murder of Christ - Wilhelm Reich
ParisianAttackMonkey

Re: BOOKS: R.I. Members Suggested Reading Material Thread

Postby MarkM » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:53 am

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I think the novels of John Buchan have some real RI themes (particularly the later Hannay novels and "The Power House")...lots of deep politics/secret power memes from a guy who was a true insider.
MarkM

Postby meng » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:56 pm

The Life of Milarepa - Lobsang P. Lhalungpa

The Myth of Freedom - Chogyam Trungpa
meng

Postby druff » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:13 am

Y'all are inspiring me. And y'all are also gonna hurt my wallet.

My 2 cents:

I know Hesse has already been mentioned, and I entirely agree. And would add (of course) Siddhartha. Still need to read Glass Bead Game.
The Road - McCarthy
Secret Teachings of All Ages - Manly Hall (already been mentioned, I know)
Savage Mules - Dennis Perrin (if you're still inclined to think the Dems represent something positive in politix)
Darkness at Noon - Koestler
The Trial - Kafka
Understanding Power - Chomsky
VALIS - PKD
The Book of Thoth - Crowley
The Grapes of Wrath - Steinbeck
THE LIBERAL DEFENCE OF MURDER - RICHARD SEYMOUR (leninology.blogspot.com)
Moby Dick
Bend Sinister - Nabokov's dystopia
True Hallucinations - McKenna
druff

Previous

Return to Book Forum