Best Site I've found

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Best Site I've found

Postby Brighid_Moon » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:15 pm

Brighid_Moon

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Brighid_Moon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:05 pm

I'm just going to slap this under here because I can't really figure out a place to put it. But the theory is, survival if you have nothing (nothing to carry, no heavy packs, no car to drive you wherever...) What if "The Sh** Hit the Fan" and you were left with nothing to go by. Your stores of food and water in your basement were inaccessable or ran out? No electricity. You can't carry enough food for a year (even freezedried). Knowing how to take care of yourself from the ground up, with nothing is pretty important in my eyes.

ONLINE AMERICAN INDIAN MUSEUMS

Basically links to how to make things that would be necessary: baskets for carrying things, uses of herbs (though there's plenty more sites with that as well), wild foods, pottery, housing, etc. etc.

This one's based on California/West Coast, but I'm sure that almost every state has something similar as a resource for research. Every area has different resources, and (for example) not every type of housing would work in every type of terrain/environment. Like mud-housing would be horrible in the northwest with it's rain!

Kind of just planting things here as I think about them.
Brighid_Moon

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Self Sufficiency