Proof that God exists...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Proof that God exists...

Postby marykmusic » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:08 pm

...from Mark Morford, whom I love (most of the time.)<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The new 2007 Lexus LS, the ridiculously silent uber-cush ultra-lux Valium-on-wheels hunk of $75,000 Japanese transportation from Toyota's most prestige brand, can now parallel park itself. <br>Here is the YouTube video. Here is the full breakdown of this car's astounding luxury features. Here is what you do: You pull up alongside the car just in front of a parking space. You put your car in reverse, which activates the rear camera and sensors. A diagram of arrows appears on the nav screen. You indicate where you want the car to go. You press Park and let go of the wheel. <br><br>Then: Take a sip of your Remy Martin and send $50,000 to the Republican Party as you silently give thanks to the Gods of Saudi Arabia and megacorporate conglomerates that your tax bracket is so stratospheric that it still affords you a massive V8 luxury automobile in the age of war and oil ravages and unchecked gluttony and the meltdown of Antarctica. The steering wheel starts to spin and the tires start to turn and millions of years of human evolution converge onto a single surreal moment, and in about 10 seconds, the car has parked itself. <br><br>And there you have it. Proof of God. Proof that God, clearly, has a wicked sense of humor. Proof that God drinks far, far more heavily than you. Proof that God sees the deep irony of life, and war, and oil, cars, cognac, parking spaces, everything, and laughs demonically. There is simply no other explanation.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>The rest is here: <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2006/10/27/notes102706.DTL&nl=fix" target="top">God Loves My New Lexus</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Proof that God exists...

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:37 pm

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBKTo5K14M">Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/22/nhammond22.xml">Richard Hammond, the BBC2 Top Gear presenter, has suffered "a serious brain injury" after crashing a jet-powered car at 300mph, doctors said yesterday.</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Thank God for Karma? <p></p><i></i>
Seamus OBlimey

Postby yesferatu » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:25 am

har har!!....god ya gotta love Morford!!<br><br>The obscenities of the uber-rich know no limit. <br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby 4911 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:28 am

if anyones obscenties knew limits, they wouldnt be obscenities. <p></p><i></i>

Postby James Redford » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:16 am

If this is the kind of thing that gets someone upset then they have an exceedingly perverse outlook on life. Not to mention it being exceedingly hypocritical for said detractor who surfs the internet on a computer, inside his air-conditioned abode that has hot and cold running water, a refrigerator to help preserve his food, appliances to cook the food, etc.<br><br>This is exactly the type of things mankind should be putting his efforts into: things which lift mankind out of the mud and up to the stars and beyond.<br><br>The thing that should upset everyone is that mankind is reigned over by a pack of Malthusian, misanthropic, sadistic and power-mad ruling elites whose usurpations and rapine know no depth. Or more generally, aggression against individuals is the problem. But it's these very ruling elites who have used their control over the vital worldview-molding sectors of society, e.g., the schools, the media, etc., to indoctrinate the masses from birth with precisely this kind of anti-human, self-destructive, suicidal Weltanschauung: whereby so many people regard their own species as, in effect, something akin to a cancer or disease upon the planet. If one's goal is to keep mankind enslaved, to enslave him further, and to cull his numbers at one's whim, then having the masses adopt such an inverted, grotesque philosophy would be of great assistance. <p>-------<br><br>"Documentation on Government-Staged Terrorism," September 30, 2005:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.armleg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2&mforum=libertyandtruth">www.armleg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2&mforum=libertyandtruth</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>"Jesus Is an Anarchist," James Redford, revised and expanded edition, November 9, 2005 (originally published on December 19, 2001):<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://praxeology.net/anarchist-jesus.pdf">praxeology.net/anarchist-jesus.pdf</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--></p><i></i>
James Redford

okokok

Postby 4911 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:00 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://dingo.care-mail.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf">dingo.care-mail.com/cards...galaxy.swf</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>

Postby erosoplier » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:37 am

I like a dose of libertarian thought every now and then, I think it does me good, but it's amazing how often I'll end up diametrically opposed to it! And also, an apology - I think I had too much time on my hands today...<br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>This is exactly the type of things mankind should be putting his efforts into: things which lift mankind out of the mud and up to the stars and beyond.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>I can see what you're getting at, but I think this is a really bad example of what you're getting at. To me, a self-parking car only reminds me that some people just shouldn't be getting behind a wheel. And that the people who die of starvation/lack of medicine must be truly wicked people if God sees fit to provide for other less-wicked people self-parking cars instead of providing them with food and/or medicine. Or else God is a bastard. Or else we are bastards.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> But it's these very [Malthusian, misanthropic, sadistic and power-mad] ruling elites who have used their control over the vital worldview-molding sectors of society, e.g., the schools, the media, etc., to indoctrinate the masses from birth with precisely this kind of anti-human, self-destructive, suicidal Weltanschauung: whereby so many people regard their own species as, in effect, something akin to a cancer or disease upon the planet. If one's goal is to keep mankind enslaved, to enslave him further, and to cull his numbers at one's whim, then having the masses adopt such an inverted, grotesque philosophy would be of great assistance.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I think the Lexus is grotesque. That's not to say that I wouldn't at some level dearly like to possess a Lexus of my very own. Indeed it would not be inappropriate to use the term "lust" to describe a feeling I get when confronted physically with a Lexus, and with the possibility of possessing a Lexus of my very own. But the truth is there is more life, more intelligence, more that is worthy of respect and admiration and devotion, in a handfull of mud than there is in a Lexus - even in one that parks itself. And I mean this quite literally.<br><br>What is grotesque is the way the elites have turned a simple practical problem - human transportation requirements, and desires - into a planet threatening enterprise, making a profit on it at every turn, and also, to top it off, they've turned the individual units of human transportation into fetish objects.<br><br>It's not our species that is cancer-like, it's the ecological impact of the lifestyle of the Lexus and Huyundai owners that are providing the cancer-like symptoms. Heavy industry <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>is</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> fucking up our planet (and cars <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>have</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> fucked up our settlement patterns), but worse than that, the mentality that gave us heavy industry, if left to continue on its way, <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>will</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> continue to find new ways to destroy/contaminate/otherwise-fuck-up the very thing that made humans the brilliant creatures that they are to begin with - the natural earth. Hundreds of thousands of years of living with the mud and the bugs and the plants and the animals and the sun and the wind and the rain and each other, <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>and surviving</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, is what made us what we are. A few hundred years with a complicated division of labour and more than ever we continue to think we're God's gift to this place and it is God's gift to us. And that the things we create are some kind of sign of our appreciation for God's generosity. And here we are sailing at full speed towards a 6 metre rise in sea levels within the next 100 years. What more needs to be said?<br><br>I can easily draw a thick black line between me with my modern conveniences, and the Lexus' of this world. I don't wan't to drag others down! I don't want to stop them from achieving excellence! I just want to stop them trashing the planet and trampling over other people's lives on their journey to excellence! This is anti-human, self-destructive, and suicidal? No, I don't think so - the <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Lexus</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> is those things. <br> <br><br>The ruling elites have used their control over education and the media to create a wage-slave civilisation. The Lexus (or choose your brand) is an <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>epitome of excellence</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> of this wage-slave civilisation. They are of the same cloth. If "one's goal is to keep mankind enslaved, to enslave him further, and to cull his numbers at one's whim," then just keep the wage-slaves lusting after the Lexus! Did you hear the new model parks itself?! Keep them entralled by the ever receding vision of a technological utopia. Fuck top-soil! We'll genetically engineer our way out of that one! We're <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>brilliant</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, don'tcha know? And nanotechnology is gonna turn the world on its head! I read it in New Scientist last week!<br><br>Meanwhile the ruling elites, who have all but made the human world what it now is, are indeed Malthusian, but we don't need them to help us add two and two together - the cold hard facts of reality are suggesting to us that a Malthusian scenario is on the cards for the human family. The answers <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>are</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> out there - the over-developed countries have a shrinking population "problem." There's all the proof you need that Malthus doesn't necessarily apply. And the only thing we know almost for certain is that the "ruling elites" ain't gonna do shit. <p></p><i></i>
erosoplier

Postby dbeach » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:09 pm

the slavers have been here a long time and seem to be getting better at their game <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby MinM » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby DrEvil » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:50 pm

Damn, I should move to Sweden!

There was a hilarious show on TV here about a year ago where they invited an American televangelist to Sweden and had him walk around asking random people on the street about God.

- Do you believe in God?
- No. Why should I believe in something that doesn't exist?
- Nope.
- No, not really.
etc. etc., until he finally met this guy:

- Do you believe in God?
- Yes.
- Oh, great! Are you from here?
- No.
:D
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Return to Culture Studies