edit: CIA+bribe trial+Clark/Perle+ Oil = BORAT!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Telexx » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:42 pm

The new James Bond is....blonde. For the first time.

He will look a lot less like those oil region evil-doers in Iran and Venezuela, won't he?

I would certainly agree that business, government and entertainment are all mingled together to form one big complex, and that complex has been manipulated time & time again for all kinds of reasons including propoganda...

However - and with respect - the US has had a major problem with Iran for such a long time - why wait till now to before deciding to make Bond blonde. Why not in the 80s, when the same old mob were manipulating Reagan? I'm not sure that there really is such micro-management of the film industry...

A friend of mind worked as a graphic designer and was commissioned by a big Elite London Ad agency (their name even sounds like a daemonic incantation haha) to design a logo. So he completed the work but the project manager's attitude was one of utter contempt for the public he was selling to; his view was that the 'public' were sheep...

"They'd do what they were told and buy what they were sold... " (he even let the designer just chose his favorite logo, such was his lack of enthusiasm).

So my point is:- the people charged with manipulating us, for whatever reasons commercial, political etc, may hold is in such contempt as to really not care/be sloppy/let it slide because they know we're hypnotised into obedience anyway...

(Most of us, this board and others discounted obviously!)

Dominance makes you lazy - ask any chess player.

Thanks,

Telexx

PS: I introduced my graphic designer friend to Bill Hicks, in particular the point about being off the "Artistic Roll Call" - he hasn't taken a commission from an ad agency since!
Telexx

Blog: View Blog (0)

Personality tunnel vision. Decontextualization.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:10 pm

If everything that comes out of your mouth is parody, then you never have to be accountable for what you say -- because you didn't really mean it anyway. You only said it to lead your interview subjects to the thin line between patience and intolerance in order for their true personality to reveal itself.

Ah, agit prop. Perfectly polarizing and muddling. What oil? What trial with a CIA front bribing the leader of Kazakhstan to get at the prize of Caspian Sea oil and gas?

All about the man and the movie. Typical microscopic distraction from bigger pictures than the 'silver screen.'

Like the hoopla of Whitewater to safeguard the Clintons from Mena airport which leads to the Bush Crime Family and IranContra and...secret government.

Like the hoopla around 'are cartoons turning our kids gay' to safeguard against knowledge of how image conditioning really is used to indoctrinate America's kids by Disney and other 'image-ineers.'
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:49 am

AlicetheCurious wrote:MP, where did you get the cute smiley? Et in Arcadia Ego also uses amazing smileys (I almost died at the one giving the finger). The ones on the left are no good at all...

I'll sort you out, no worries. Just don't try and force me into giving up my Good Stuff or there's gonna be a Image
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Borat's lawsuits and next stunt: Gay agit prop

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:30 pm

Borat's excesses have successfully started lawsuits to amplify the magician's other hand which distracts from the upcoming January lawsuit involving bribes to Kazakhstan's dictator.

Borat's next agit prop movie will be as Bruno, a gay austrian.
Hear Fox and the GOP revving up their morality mind managers?
Will Dawson, Falwell, and Ahnuld get their licks in?

The bleat goes on...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-fi-bruno27nov27,0,4533744.story?track=mostviewed-homepage

'
Borat' could mar Universal's $42.5-million deal
Publicity and suits over the 'mockumentary' may hurt the star's 'Bruno,' due in 2008.
By Lorenza Muñoz, Times Staff Writer
November 27, 2006

Sacha Baron Cohen's "Borat" has grossed more than $100 million at the box office, but can the British comedian pull off another "mockumentary," this time in the guise of a gay Austrian fashionista?

Universal Pictures has bet $42.5 million that he can.
Like Borat, "Bruno" is a recurring character in Cohen's "Da Ali G Show" a series that has its origins in Britain and was popularized in the U.S. when HBO did its own version of the program. In the series, Bruno is an aggressively gay interviewer prone to wearing see-through clothing and tight-fitting pants. In one interview on "Da Ali G Show," Bruno asks an Arkansas pastor who claims he converts gays into heterosexuals, "Have you ever taken a walk on the brown side?" and "Why is being gay so out this season?" Clips of Bruno have been widely circulated on such Internet sites as Google Inc.'s YouTube.

For Universal, which is part of General Electric Co.'s NBC Universal division, "Bruno" concerns come as the studio is struggling to reverse what has been a difficult year. In February, Chairwoman Stacey Snider left Universal after a successful tenure to head Paramount Pictures' DreamWorks SKG. Several films since released by Universal have been flops, including its big-budget summer movie, "Miami Vice," as well as "The Black Dahlia" and "Let's Go to Prison" — neither of which were financed by the studio.

The studio has two prestige films left this year, Robert De Niro's "The Good Shepherd" and Alfonso Cuaron's "Children of Men."

Some critics question whether "Bruno's" flamboyant homosexuality will limit the film's appeal in certain parts of the country.
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby erosoplier » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:53 am

Say hello to Bruno.

He makes me squirm and laugh in equal portions - same as Ali G and Borat. I was having trouble sympathising with the idea that SBC's work in America was culturally important, and I still have my misgivings, but lordy, as long as there are people stitched up as tight as the chap in this clip...
erosoplier

Re: Personality tunnel vision. Decontextualization.

Postby elpuma » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:31 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:
If everything that comes out of your mouth is parody, then you never have to be accountable for what you say -- because you didn't really mean it anyway. You only said it to lead your interview subjects to the thin line between patience and intolerance in order for their true personality to reveal itself.

Ah, agit prop. Perfectly polarizing and muddling. What oil? What trial with a CIA front bribing the leader of Kazakhstan to get at the prize of Caspian Sea oil and gas?

All about the man and the movie. Typical microscopic distraction from bigger pictures than the 'silver screen.'

Like the hoopla of Whitewater to safeguard the Clintons from Mena airport which leads to the Bush Crime Family and IranContra and...secret government.

Like the hoopla around 'are cartoons turning our kids gay' to safeguard against knowledge of how image conditioning really is used to indoctrinate America's kids by Disney and other 'image-ineers.'

Hugh, you've hit the nail right on the head with this topic/post.
elpuma

Head/hammer

Postby professorpan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:06 pm

Hugh, you've hit the nail right on the head with this topic/post.

Seems to me like Hugh has hit himself on the head with a hammer too many times :lol:

It's a pity so many people buy into the "they control everything" mega-theory, which is baseless and -- most importantly -- disempowering. By getting caught up in evidence-free, circular, unprovable theories, attention is distracted from the real battles in which we can collectively make a difference.

So, let me ask: Is Sascha Cohen one of "them"? Can any of you who believe "Borat" is a psyop consider the possibility that what he says in the Rolling Stone interview is true?
professorpan

Re: Post/Straw

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:22 pm

professorpan wrote:It's a pity so many people buy into the "they control everything" mega-theory, which is baseless and -- most importantly -- disempowering.
....Can any of you who believe "Borat" is a psyop consider the possibility that what he says in the Rolling Stone interview is true?

Straw man, PP. I don't say "they control everything." You keep saying that.

'They' do have access and influence to mainstream media outlets and throw alot of shit around as diversion. I analyze only a tiny bit of that shit and expose the hidden stink.

Understanding the history, tactics, theory, and players in 'perception control'
is EMPOWERING, not the opposite.

Media accountability and education is related to all the necessary battles where we need to "make a difference." Because it goes to the heart of self-knowledge, mass psychology, class warfare, how to communicate more effectively, etc.

You keep sounding like Barbara Bush as she tsk-tsks "Why should I put that in my beautiful mind" as you paint me as irrational with negative framing words that are usually used by anti-conpiracists like Chip Berlet and John McAdams.

Borat-
1) The personal motives of Sacha Cohen are irrelevent to use of his product as diversion.
2) How many even read his Rolling Stone interview compared to -
> large numbers seeing the film?
> truly vast numbers seeing the advertising blurbs?

PP, apparently you're going to keep spending your time at RI alternating between straw men and saying that 'HMW is no fun.' :roll:

So what topics would you rather discuss where 'we can make a difference?'
Yeah there really are lots of them.

What's your priority?
Do you see understanding media control, theory, history, tactics, as relevent to 'your topics?'
What do you think people should know more about?

:?: :?: :?:
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby PeterofLoneTree » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:11 pm

More grist for the mill, Hugh:
From a link I caught over at the AllSpinZone http://allspinzone.com/blog/index.php?itemid=3812 comes this headline:
"Did 'Borat' Cause Pam And Kid's Split?"
(Some Text): "(CBS) After less than four months of marriage, and a handful of wedding ceremonies, Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock's marriage is already over.

"A pal tells the New York Post that Rock's "male insecurity and major anger issues," are to blame and that a big fight over her participation in the film "Borat" caused tension between them."

Rest of article at http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stories ... 1673.shtml
PeterofLoneTree

Agit prop works.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:18 pm

PeterofLoneTree wrote:More grist for the mill, Hugh:
From a link I caught over at the AllSpinZone http://allspinzone.com/blog/index.php?itemid=3812 comes this headline:
"Did 'Borat' Cause Pam And Kid's Split?"
(Some Text): "(CBS) After less than four months of marriage, and a handful of wedding ceremonies, Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock's marriage is already over.

"A pal tells the New York Post that Rock's "male insecurity and major anger issues," are to blame and that a big fight over her participation in the film "Borat" caused tension between them."

Rest of article at http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stories ... 1673.shtml

Agit prop, like releasing a ping-pong ball into a box full of mousetraps, an experiment done in elementary school science fairs to show how nuclear fission works as released atoms smash into
other atoms which smash into
more Adams which smash into
more Adams...
Hugh Manatee Wins

Straw manatees

Postby professorpan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:25 pm

You have spent the bulk of your time on this board pimping your keyword hijacking theory, which posits that everything from DVD placement on store shelves to the pattern of news items on Yahoo's website to a smorgasbord of film titles is controlled by a nebulous "Mockinbird" CIA/Intel elite. You have been pushing this theory with the evangelistic fervor of someone who has just found Jesus.

When myself and others ask you for evidence to support your examples, you either suggest the controllers are too savvy to leave clues (i.e. no evidence is evidence) or point to books and documents that have no bearing on your examples. At best, your "evidence" is guilt-by-association and innuendo. At worse, it is cherry-picked data that ignores all contrary evidence.

And how do your respond to criticism? By crying "straw man" until you're blue in the face, by slandering those who ask legitimate questions, and mocking those who base their beliefs on objective, empirical inquiry and not fantastic (albeit clever and creative) confabulations.

You've shown no interest in investigating your own ideas with rigor or objectivity. You know you are right, and have no interest in ferreting out your own biases. Have a bullhorn and step up on the soapbox, but please, don't bitch when those in the audience start shouting questions.

If I sound like Barbara Bush, you sound like Dick Cheney insisting that there really was a link between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

But let me address one of your points:

The personal motives of Sacha Cohen are irrelevent to use of his product as diversion.

Not if your theory of Borat as geopolitical diversion psyop is to be believed. Cohen says he and his team picked Kazakhstan because most people had no idea it was a real country. Either he is lying, or he has been deviously manipulated by the controllers into picking Kazakhstan years ago when he created the character. So what is it, Hugh?

And once again the fatal flaw in your theory rears its insistent head: With all the interest in Borat, wouldn't you think more people would be curious abou the *real* Kazakhstan? I've certainly seen much more information about the country in the media since the Borat film came out. But since that doesn't fit into your theory, just dismiss it like you do all other contradictory evidence.

So what topics would you rather discuss where 'we can make a difference?'
Yeah there really are lots of them.

What's your priority?
Do you see understanding media control, theory, history, tactics, as relevent to 'your topics?'
What do you think people should know more about?

Media literacy is very high on my list. But media literacy begins with learning to think and investigate critically.

Critical thinking and objective, rigorous self-analysis are vital tools for navigating the information age. The crucial component is learning to question one's own biases and to blinders. Without those skills, people begin buying into all sorts of baseless ideas... like "the Moon landing was a hoax" or that "Nacho Libre" was a clever psyop :)

Teaching real history -- not just candy-coated, pro-Western, pro-capitalist boosterism is tremendously important.

Promoting nonviolence and peaceful conflict resolution at all levels of society, from interpersonal to nation states is critical if our species is to survive.

Creating a civics-minded society -- getting people to care about their government and participating in it can stop the descent into fascism. The key element is transparent, verifiable elections.

Eliminating poverty and hunger will improve our chances of survival.

But most important to me -- stopping the assault of global corporatocracies/plutocracies on the biosphere. If we don't get our asses in gear, it won't matter who rules, what people watch on TV, or if the Masons are drinking the blood of infants. We'll all be fucked-diddly-ucked.

So while others may find it useful to speculate about paperclips, nachos, and other alleged media fictions, I'd rather put my limited time to work on issues that can be addressed in the objective world. And leaving time for raising my kid, writing, walking in the woods, reading good books, watching good films, meditating, cooking, thinking, playing, and earning a living.

If only this damn message board didn't keep grabbing my attention :lol:
professorpan

Ass in gear-ism.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:31 pm

Pan, I share all your goals.

Here's my goal which you seem to think is petty diversion and not worth the time and effort I put into it. (I'll leave out rehashing all the stuff you dismiss as 'just not so.' It is. So there. lol.)

I'm working to institutionalize/disperse knowledge of how information management is connected to all the goals you and I share.

That is, how we are kept from being an informed electorate by state-infiltrated media of all kinds deploying psychological warfare, disinformation, social engineering, diversion, demoralization, deceit, etc. using greed and marketing culture as a cover.

Because infowar and perception management is precisely the reason that we have the problems we do. Culture war is an enormously powerful agent of change. Or lack of it.
American society could turn peaceful just like that and only the infowar shitstorm prevents it from happening!

Why do you think there's such a huge budget for the Broadcast Board of Governors to propagandize the world with Voice of America and Radio Marti and many other statist outlets. You really think the same thing isn't done here at home?

SOo it is going to be a long fight to address these problems and in that time all the infowar tactics will be deployed on us and then some. So we best know what it is and be better able to not just resist it but warn others so fewer of our children get turned into obedient emotion-driven authoritarian fascists.

I share your embrace of critical thinking and I make enough effort to pursue leads that I even make mistakes. Well, just one. Well, not really. lol.

So we really have the same goals and I wish that instead of telling me I "don't do the work" which is as far from true as can be plus history and documents back me up that all this happens, instead you would do your 'thing.'

Want to criticise my writing? Then do so logically instead of ad hominum.
I welcome all hands to sort through the debris of American culture for clues about design and intent but I won't believe anyone who tells me I'm not doing the work or there are no clues or that they don't matter.
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Straw manatees< funny! "Oh the..

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:57 pm

You have spent the bulk of your time on this board pimping your keyword hijacking theory, which posits that everything from DVD placement on store shelves to the pattern of news items on Yahoo's website to a smorgasbord of film titles is controlled by a nebulous "Mockinbird" CIA/Intel elite.

Publishers pay for the featured spots at Borders. Fact. I checked.
CIA has a long history with publishers, influencing and BEING them.

Same with 'mainstream' news outlets. Only a few editors-in-chief can determine headlines. Fact. I checked.

Nothing "nebulous" about Operation Mockinbird which started over 50 years ago.
A CIA director confirmed it to a Senate committee in 1976 and even the NYTimes had to print some of the expose to keep their cover on 12/25/77.

You have been pushing this theory with the evangelistic fervor of someone who has just found Jesus.

I think its important enough and what this board is about, examining our psychological terrain. "Evangelistic fervor" implies 'irrational.' Try 'focused energy' for better framing.

When myself and others ask you for evidence to support your examples, you either suggest the controllers are too savvy to leave clues (i.e. no evidence is evidence) or point to books and documents that have no bearing on your examples. At best, your "evidence" is guilt-by-association and innuendo. At worse, it is cherry-picked data that ignores all contrary evidence.

No, I point to means-motive-opportunity-precedent- as clues and you say "no evidence."
Do covert operations only exist when they are documented over at smokinggun.com?

And how do your respond to criticism? By crying "straw man" until you're blue in the face, by slandering those who ask legitimate questions, and mocking those who base their beliefs on objective, empirical inquiry and not fantastic (albeit clever and creative) confabulations.

Ad hominum attacks are not 'criticism.' More 'you don't like people like me who are reasonable' narrative. I address legitimate questions. Nothing "fantastic" about propaganda, disinformation, psychological warfare, and social engineering. It's standard procedure by military governments since WWII (called the Revolution in Military Affairs) with texts on the subjects right out in the open. I've read them. And posted them here for as many as possible to see. Thus not "confabulation" either.

You've shown no interest in investigating your own ideas with rigor or objectivity. You know you are right, and have no interest in ferreting out your own biases. Have a bullhorn and step up on the soapbox, but please, don't bitch when those in the audience start shouting questions.

I spend hours a day pouring over every discipline I can think of with "rigor and objectivity." Having learned some things isn't "bias." More 'you don't like people like me who are reasonable' narrative.

If I sound like Barbara Bush, you sound like Dick Cheney insisting that there really was a link between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

There really is a link between CIA/DIA/CFR and media, though. Isn't there, PP?
Or is it just too enigmatic and ineffective and to be ignored?

But let me address one of your points:

The personal motives of Sacha Cohen are irrelevent to use of his product as diversion.

Not if your theory of Borat as geopolitical diversion psyop is to be believed. Cohen says he and his team picked Kazakhstan because most people had no idea it was a real country. Either he is lying, or he has been deviously manipulated by the controllers into picking Kazakhstan years ago when he created the character. So what is it, Hugh?

Another false dichotomy? sigh. ok.
Why Cohen 'picked Kazakhstan' is irrelevant. (sp.) The movie phenomenon exists and has an effect in context. But that is something you don't address, rather like the argument that an arrow keeps halving the distance to a target infinitely and thus can never reach the target.
I see that the Borat arrow has reached the target. Do you? How? Why?
You've never heard of using unwitting assets by greasing the rails for them?

I keep pointing at the top of the food chain where decisions like If-Yes or No-How-When -By Who are made to discern of there is a Why other than mere commerce and you keep pointing at the lowest point in the food chain as if there was no such thing as plausible deniability, patsies, stooges, useful geniuses, useful idiots, useful whatever.

And that's a way to do perception management without just manufacturing events from whole cloth with witting perps which also happens.

Spook media management skill lies in the ability to find, nurture, and disperse Units of Meaning to create psycho-political events that influence perception. There are an awful lot of UM lying around. Like old movies and VHS releases which can be cherry-picked for rerelease with the excuse of a new format, DVD. Hence all the cute dog movies I noted when that Abu Ghraib dog-handler was finally prosecuted, something that took forever to come to trial and thus could easily be accompanied by checking stock for keywords/themes and paying to have it out on the 'Featured' shelves at Borders.

Gee, why go to the bother? Because so many American households have a dog and it would be politically-damaging to have all those people think of Abu Ghraib everytime they looked at Fido.

I also think that preventing possible catchphrases and nicknames with pre-emptive generation of them is used. Like 'Nacho Libre' and 'Backwards Jenny.'

Catch phrases and slogans are a viral marketing tool that works. 'War on Terror.'
'Compassionate Conservative,' 'Star Wars,' etc.

Just today there's a story about 'TV's 100 Greatest Catch Phrases' which is mostly from early TV decades before cable diluted the effect somewhat. A few are political. It's a crap list but demonstrates the effect.
http://www.tvland.com/originals/catchphrases/

I have a 1976 book by a former USAID film propagandist who was working for Nixon when he was crucified for Watergate and the author for partisan purposes to defend Nixon explains how the TV network news shows (CIA) skewed their reporting to make Nixon the maximum villain for months. Using catch phrases is one of those tactics.
'The Candor Project' to imply that Nixon's efforts at openness with journalists weere a manipulation, for instance.

Now we have Fox TV and their bogus 'War on Christmas.'

Simple. If I can think of this, professional mass mind managers sure can.
(Hope they aren't checking my hypotheses for 'good ideas.' gulp. nawww...)

That's PR 101, man!

Don't confuse the processes of deduction and reverse-engineering with 'confirmation bias.'
You can take something apart to see how it works and deduce who might have made it without knowing every single detail which you call 'evidence.'

And once again the fatal flaw in your theory rears its insistent head: With all the interest in Borat, wouldn't you think more people would be curious abou the *real* Kazakhstan? I've certainly seen much more information about the country in the media since the Borat film came out. But since that doesn't fit into your theory, just dismiss it like you do all other contradictory evidence.

I've researched, found, and explained several times what linguists and cognitive scientists
call "Mutual Exclusivity" which is the brain's tendency, especially in the young, of applying only one meaning to a word. So if a benign association can be made first, later ones might be ignored or atleast tempered due to the pre-emptive benign association.
Thus not just 'keyword hijacking' but entire 'concept hijacking' might be goal of psy-ops media.

Additionally, I've read how USG advisor Hadley Cantril codified the measurement of stereotypes in the 1930s when social research in the aid of governance through mass psychology was really taking off by using radio.

Cantril learned that people think of entire nationalities as stereotypes, very useful when whipping up a war or a wedge issue distraction while allying with a dictator.
So the strong image of the funny funny outrageous Borat can predispose perceptions of Kazakhstan if not displace them outright.

Don't you think this is rational and applicable. If not , why not?

I hope this addresses some of your concerns, PP.
As I said above, we share goals if not tactics. :idea:

on edit: spelling and clarifying Cantril's work.
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby orz » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:16 pm

call "Mutual Exclusivity" which is the brain's tendency, especially in the young, of applying only one meaning to a word.

yet your entire theory is based on words having multiple meanings!? :(
orz

Pre-emptive meanings.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:53 pm

orz wrote:
call "Mutual Exclusivity" which is the brain's tendency, especially in the young, of applying only one meaning to a word.

yet your entire theory is based on words having multiple meanings!? :(

Creating decoys that pre-emptively distract...is the science. Not theory.

First goal- Only see the decoy, not the dirt.
Fallback goal - See both, be confused. Brain has to switch between the two and favors the first one noticed.
Worst case scenario to be avoided: Have only one meaning which is the dirt.

Indoctrinating children with beliefs favorable to the state while innoculating them from information damning the state is how scientific fascism works.
Adults get the same treatment but children and soldiers are primary targets for this.

This is creating decoy entertainment to pre-empt bad news.
More people, especially CHILDREN, see entertainemt. Few see news.
So decoys are placed in entertainment to pre-empt bad news.
Hugh Manatee Wins

PreviousNext

Return to Psyops and Meme Management