OUR EYE

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:08 pm

I'm pretty sure most of the forum doesn't wanna see my cock and balls, chigger.

"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:22 pm

And as far as my tattooing's concerned, I'm not sure many members would want to see a whole lot of that, either..I mean, I do run of the mill stuff, but my own custom work is a bit aggressive and taps the deep end of the subconscious. My own personal art as above would most likely be misunderstood by this forum and not recognized for the Catharsis that it actually is.

But, I'll share a recent cover-up I enjoyed a lot that isn't all shite grim and gory:

"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Sweejak » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:29 pm

I bet Damon is pissed.
Really wonderful shading etA.
Sweejak

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:32 am

That's really incredible work, et. I especially love the detail on the feathers.
chiggerbit

Postby AlicetheKurious » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:59 pm

What happened to et's pictures (except for the last one of the awesome tattoo)? Did he delete them?

Seamus: your photo makes me want to post a photo I took of the view from my bedroom window. It's so gorgeous even after many years it still blows me away every morning. But I don't know how to upload pictures. Could someone explain the process in very simple terms?
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:49 pm

If the photo is already on your computer, upload it at photobucket where you can get a free account. Photobucket automatically adds proper tags for various functions. Previously it only provided a url which you would then copy and paste here after clicking on the Img button (then clicking /Img after pasting). Now you only have to highlight the Img tag on the pic in your photobucket album and paste that link here. You just move your cursor over the pic you've uploaded to your album, and the tags will appear so you can choose one to copy.

http://photobucket.com/

I like photobucket because some of the other sites are not linkable and some won't allow certain images to be uploaded.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby AlicetheKurious » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Thanks, Pele's daughter. I really wanted to post a photo, but the Photobucket's privacy policy, or should I say lack of privacy policy, scared me off.
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby OP ED » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:45 pm

AlicetheKurious wrote:Thanks, Pele's daughter. I really wanted to post a photo, but the Photobucket's privacy policy, or should I say lack of privacy policy, scared me off.

post a photo here on the board?

from your computer, that is, and not from a website?

i usually use imageshack because i do not have to join anything or agree to any terms.

http://www.imageshack.us/

pretty easy to use. as easy as setting a wallpaper/background in windows.

1. click "browse"

(you have to know where your image is at on your computer and find it)

[i keep mine on the desktop or in a folder, its best to know where it is before you go looking for it with the "browse"]

2. choose your image.

[a little window will help you find it, like changing desktop themes for windows or similar users]

[you may wish to resize the image if it is large, as personally taken pictures often are, there is an option for that provided you should be able to see, i had to resize my example below]

[no one complains if i resize to less than 800X600]

3. click "host it"

it'll load a new page (or will malfunction) which will give you several options of code for cutting and pasting.

one of the /URL/ slots will have the words "hotlink for forums (1)" written next to it.
for me it is fourth from the bottom, directly below the annoying little advertisement thingee.

copy/past that text directly into your post.

it will look something like the text below, without the spaces in the /URL/s and /IMG/s

:: ::

[ U R L=http://imageshack.us] [ I M G ]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3370/friesjohn.jpg[ / I M G ] [ / U R L ]
[ U R L =http://g.imageshack.us/img253/friesjohn.jpg/1/][IMG]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/friesjohn.jpg/1/w394.png[ / I M G ] [ / U R L]

the part in red is all you want.

the rest, in blue, acts as a "link" to an advertisement.

they don't like it if you edit it out, but its easy and they cannot do anything about it really.

so all that remains is the part inside the /IMG/s like below(minus the spaces in the /IMG/ brackets of course), which is what you actually post, wiping out the rest:

[ I M G ]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3370/friesjohn.jpg[ / I M G ]

you should get something like below. you can use the quote function to look at my code if this is unclear.

hope that helps some.

Last edited by OP ED on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby Penguin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Oi! Oi!
I hadnt noticed! Im delighted! (the flickr pool) - lookin now in a very sensible mood, wink nudge?
I think I just may create a flickr acco to post my own pics, Ill let you know when I do.
Penguin

Postby Col. Quisp » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:47 am

i just added some pictures of my yarn and other fibery stuff -- was discussing it with chiggerbit.
Col. Quisp

Postby AlicetheKurious » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:46 pm

(Thanks OP ED).
AlicetheKurious

Postby OP ED » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:30 pm

serene.

[no problem, imageshack had actually slightly altered their page layouts and therefore the method required seemingly almost immediately after my post, but this doesn't appear to have interfered with your ability to interpret my statements]
OP ED

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:35 pm

That is beautiful, Alice. I'm hoping my outlook will be better this summer but I seriously doubt it.
Seamus OBlimey

Postby Searcher08 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Alice, have you moved to Tahiti?! :) It looks so peaceful...
Searcher08

Postby annie aronburg » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:26 am

Nice to see the number of members growing on our little flickr group.

Think I'm gonna give this ImageShack a try.

Just like that!
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News