I just launched an interactive peace action calendar

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

I just launched an interactive peace action calendar

Postby lupercal » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm happy to report the addition of an interactive direct action calendar to my peace and justice action forum (link should be in my signature).

You don't have to sign up to add an event, so if anyone hears about a peace or social justice action -- rally, march, demonstration, meeting, speaker, or event, anywhere in the US -- I'd be grateful if you took a minute to post the name of the event, location, and a link or number.

I suppose summer is a slow season for peace activism, but there sure doesn't seem to be much going on, so I think any contribution to what's left of the peace movement, now matter how modest, is important.

Thanks for reading this, and please post any announcements you hear about!

:)
lupercal

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Cool! Congratulations!
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby lupercal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:33 pm

elfismiles wrote:Cool! Congratulations!

Hey thanks, I hope it accomplishes something! :D Let me know if you have any suggestions.

p.s. everyone is welcome! :leprechaun:
lupercal

Project-PeaceOnEarth.org

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Good work, lupercal. You may want to check out Project-PeaceOnEarth.org.

"Project-Peace on Earth is an annual worldwide telecast concert of Superstar musicians performing Sacred Music from the most mystical concert venues on the planet: Egypt's Great Pyramids, England’s Stonehenge, Australia's Ayers Rock, Peru's Inca Pyramids, Japan's Mount Fuji, and California's Mount Shasta to name a few. Mike Mitchell (Executive Producer of Live Aid and producer of 8 Olympics) and Hal Uplinger (Producer of Live Aid) are engaged to produce this event. Steve Robertson is the Creator and an Executive Producer of Project-Peace on Earth."

"Project-Peace on Earth represents a daring idea to transform global consciousness, systematically end hunger and related diseases, empower those in extreme poverty, and provide food, clothing, shelter, safety and education for tens of millions of children worldwide. Proceeds generated from the live Concert telethon will be immediately used to address pressing issues of hunger, poverty, shelter, health, and the safety of children worldwide. Use of these proceeds will be tracked through a weekly Reality TV series called “Project - Peace on Earth”. This Extreme Village Make-Over TV show will feature a celebrity host and/or philanthropist, supported by a team comprised of experts in the fields of science and technology, medicine, education, fundraising and logistics, construction, business, and international politics. All together, they will engage in a 7 day humanitarian effort to make real progress toward meeting these issues of food, clothing, shelter, safety, education, and economic sustainability."

A Six Hour Globally Telecast Musical Prayer September 2009

Here in NY's Hudson Valley we have the ActivistResource.org Calendar of Activist Events, which is restricted to posting events.

Good luck!

Blessing, Peace and Love.

Iamwhomiam
Iamwhomiam

Postby lupercal » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:16 am

Thanks Iamwhomiam for the kind words and great info! That's a terrific calendar and it's really good to see so much peace action in NY. I just added it to my site.

I'll look into the Project-Peace on Earth series and add some info on that too. Looking forward to the concert telecast.

Thanks again! :D
lupercal

Postby OP ED » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:23 pm

thnx luper.

(people should visit this forum more often)

[myself included]
OP ED

Return to The Lounge & Member News