RI Art Show

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: RI Art Show

Postby LilyPatToo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:20 am

Well, damn :( Peregrine, my fingers are crossed for you to be able to get there. I'm still planning on attending, tho I probably shouldn't be spending the $$. Got the painting shipped via UPS yesterday--what a relief! Afterward, was getting back into my car in the pouring rain and looked down to see 2 5$ bills stuck to the bottom of my shoe :shock: Looked around at the huge, deserted parking lot and decided that the ghods were trying to tell me that going to the show was the right thing to do. They're still drying out and will go straight into my train trip fund :D

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Peregrine » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Well I'm gonna try & work my butt off, 'cause I was very much looking forward to going. And I wanna go to that spa with you gals! We will see what happens. If I can get my crap together, awesome. I've got reservations already on a place to stay.

LilyPatToo wrote: Afterward, was getting back into my car in the pouring rain and looked down to see 2 5$ bills stuck to the bottom of my shoe :shock: Looked around at the huge, deserted parking lot and decided that the ghods were trying to tell me that going to the show was the right thing to do.

I love when that happens. Found a 50 once. No one around in sight & I needed to get groceries, so it came in quite handy :)
~don't let your mouth write a cheque your ass can't cash~
Peregrine

Postby Project Willow » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Peregrine wrote:Well I'm gonna try & work my butt off, 'cause I was very much looking forward to going. And I wanna go to that spa with you gals! We will see what happens. If I can get my crap together, awesome. I've got reservations already on a place to stay.

I hope things turn around for you. I'm feeling it too, especially since spending some that I didn't have for a nice little trip last week. I've been doing that my whole life however, and I've never regretted it, even while practically starving afterward.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Project Willow » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:27 am

Wow. I have received now 3 artist's works. What a nice swan song for me as curator here at the TK/Corridor. Cordelia, what lovely assemblages, and Barracuda, your humor shines through. LilyPatToo, thank you sincerely for the brand new work.

I am looking forward to seeing the others as they trickle in.
Project Willow

Postby Maddy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm still going to try to come, but it looks like next month I'll be homeless, so I have no idea if I'll be able to make it or not. Heart is in the right place, pocket-book isn't. Sorry! I will try!
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby Cordelia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Thank you, Willow!

Maddy, I hope you're able to go and I'm so sorry you'll be homeless--I hope things turn around.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby psynapz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:27 am

PW, have you had any luck contacting this artist for inclusion in the show?
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby LilyPatToo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:46 am

Maddy, I'm so sorry to hear that awful news. Makes me wish I still believed in angels and good faeries, so that I could pray that one would come through with a place for you to live and money to come to Seattle. Maybe I'll try it anyway--nothing to lose, right? :shrug:

Project Willow, I can't believe you only have 3 pieces so far--! Maybe everyone's just a bit late...? I'm hoping to be able to come up at least a day or 2 early--if the printer gets some of my prints on canvas finished by then (a rather large "if" unfortunately), would you want me to bring them along to add to the show? (They'd be the companion pieces to the original I sent to you and the exact same size, but I'm not sure which ones or that he'll get them done by then) Let me know and I'll get after the printer.

LilyPat

[Edited to add: psynapz, thanks for that link! It would be wonderful if "Kim" could be contacted and would send some artwork for the show. So much of what she said resonated with me and we look as if we climbed out of the same gene pool, too :shock: It's fascinating that she has other alters who paint (and one named "Patricia"!) since the one in our system who paints was our "front" alter until 1995 and she identifies herself with our name and considers me a "usurper" (her word, transmitted via non-dominant-hand writing). Every time that someone asks me about the paintings that she does, I feel uncomfortable, since she's the person who created them, not me. I occasionally have an idea for one, but unless she's inspired by it, nothing happens. (I, on the other hand, am the one who sculpts the dolls)]
LilyPatToo

Postby Project Willow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Yep, the only one who got their stuff to me on time was 'cuda. I've got 3 more boxes I'm waiting on, but in fairness the artists contacted me about late delivery.
I wouldn't worry about bringing the extra prints, LilyPatToo.

As for Kim, I wish her well, but this is not an RA/MC show, this is an RI show, so unless Kim is a regular contributor here, she doesn't qualify. I could do an RA/MC show, but wait... I do those all the time. Thanks for the link however!
Project Willow

Postby Project Willow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:30 pm

.. and Maddy, I do hope that you will not have to go through that!
Project Willow

Previous

Return to [Moved to Lounge]