John deCamp

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Info on Colby might provide insight into DeCamp

Postby Paloma » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:46 pm

The Nugan Hand Bank was closed in January 1980 within several days of the unsolved murder or suicide of Frank Nugan. The reasons for his murder have never been identified, but during that time, the operation was at risk of being exposed. “Bobby Inman, former Deputy Director of the National Security Agency and Deputy Director of the CIA, said on two occasions that he expressed deep concern that investigations of Nugan-Hand would lead to disclosure of a range of dirty tricks played against the Whitlam government (Australian labor government).”76 (The U.S. Intelligence’s modus operandi of using murder for covering its tracks is further documented when the Iran-Contra and October Surprise affairs are reviewed later in this report.) John Hand would disappear a few days after the death of Frank Nugan, never to be seen again. Bank operations were transferred to HouseHold Bank in Chicago, Illinois, where William Colby would be come the unofficial counsel. There, according to Herman Skolnick, Household Bank would continue the work of Nugan Hand. Among their functions, transferring covert operations funds, assassination team funding, skimming of dope, gambling, and gun-running loot; military, civilian, international. U.S. Military, Admirals and Generals, as well as intelligence community officials, supposedly either "retired", or "on leave", operated Nugan-Hand, and aided thereafter Household and its numerous units and subsidiaries. The "tracking the money” project was conducted over-all by Household International with the assistance reportedly of Systematics, a banking computer services firm, originally a subsidiary of an Arkansas-based operation. Targeted have been the banks of both friends and enemies alike. (Vince) Foster and his crew -Hillary (Rodham Clinton) and Webster (Hubbell) -- used as a cover that they were supposedly "attorneys" for Systematics…. Vincent and Hillary's role in this was arranged and supervised by a Chicago-based law firm Hopkins & Sutter…77. Many units of Household Finance were shortly thereafter taken over by Harris Bank, which was then taken over by the Bank of Montreal. The Bank of Montreal would be controlled by the Bronfmann family, which became heavily invested in Barrick Gold. It would be Edgar Bronfmann that would cut a deal with the Swiss banking cartel in 1998 that would derail U.S. Congressional and Israeli pressure for an investigation into the Holocaust and Marcos gold accounts. By the end of the 1980s, the banks that had their agents in the OSS intelligence operations at the end of World War II were the banks that would be the dominant global players by 2001. • Morgan Guaranty Trust • Chase Manhattan • Citibank • Jardine Matheson • UBS • Deutschebank • HSBC The covert operations funded by the Black Eagle Trust in the 1960s and 1970s became visible stains on the global image of the U.S. despite all efforts to keep them under cover. In an effort to clean house, President Jimmy Carter would order the retirement of over 800 covert operatives.78 Many of these operatives would move into private consulting and security firms and be employed as subcontractors for covert operations. Thus began a loose association of private operatives that would be referred to as “the Enterprise” in the years to come. George H.W. Bush, having been CIA Director, had many acquaintances in this group, and would work with them to restore their influence and control over U.S. foreign policy and the foreign investment opportunities it created for their benefit.
Paloma

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby chump » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:52 am

Guns and Butter interview with John DeCamp
http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/57202
chump

Re: John deCamp

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Paloma, do you have a source for that quote. I found it quoted at this source, too, but no link there, either:

http://tinyurl.com/y8gbegv
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Well, look at that, Percy, Ernie Chambers may become a talk radio host. I guess this kind of answers the question of whether he's friends with DeCamp or not. Are you going to call in, or should I?

http://www.journalstar.com/news/local/a ... 03286.html

Former state senator DeCamp to start radio station

By JEFF KORBELIK / Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 5:00 pm | (8) Comments

John DeCamp

Can you imagine Ernie Chambers hosting a radio talk show?

John DeCamp can, and that's why he plans to ask his controversial legislative peer and friend to host a weekly talk show on his new radio station.

DeCamp, a 68-year-old Lincoln attorney and former state senator who lives in Clatonia, said he'll launch KOLD in mid-January, first on the Internet and later on the radio dial at 1710 AM.

The low-power, 24-hour commercial station will feature 1950s and '60s music in the mornings, progressive talk in the afternoons and such classic radio shows as "The Shadow" and "The Jack Benny Show" in the evenings and overnight.

Also on tap will be nationally syndicated liberal talk show host Alan Colmes.

Local on-air talent will include musician/activist Joyce Durand and, possibly, Heisman Trophy winner and former Husker Johnny Rodgers.

"I'm trying to get my buddies, my friends who I've played with all my life," DeCamp said. "Ernie and Johnny Rodgers are just the guys. Each of them have a lot of wisdom."

Several former programmers from community station KZUM will resurrect their shows at KOLD. They include Michael Baker, John and Kit Keller, Ron Halvorson and Barry Reutzel.

Halvorson, who has more than 30 years in radio, will serve as program director. Reutzel, also a former state senator, will be the station's communications director. Ed Howard, managing editor at Nebraska StatePaper.com, is general manager.

Once talent is in place, the station will sell advertising, Reutzel said.

Because it's low-power -- operating at one-half watt -- KOLD is not required to be licensed by the Federal Communications Commission.

The station will subscribe to YesterdayUSA for its classic radio shows and Live365 for its Internet player. The Live365 subscription will cover licensing fees for music, Reutzel said.

The station will operate from the second floor of a building owned by DeCamp on North 11th Street in downtown Lincoln. Much of the equipment, including a sound board and computer servers already are in place.

DeCamp will put up seven antennas in Lincoln and several more in towns including Wilber, Crete, Hallam, Wahoo, Clatonia and Waverly. He declined to say how much the venture is costing him.

"I have no idea," he joked. "It's like most other things I do."

DeCamp was a state senator from Neligh from 1971 to 1987. Chambers represented part of Omaha from 1971 until January. Reutzel was a senator from Fremont from 1977 to 1981.

DeCamp said he's launching the radio station because no other station is playing the kind of music he enjoys.

"My kids told me I'm from a different generation ... that I'm one of the oldies," he said. "We're going to have some fun and see what we can do."

Reach Jeff Korbelik at 473-7213 or jkorbelik@journalstar.com.
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Well, maybe it will happen, or maybe it won't:

http://tinyurl.com/y8rd4bl
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:57 pm

I posted this over on GD, but I think I'll post it here, too, as it would seem to indicate that either DeCamp or Ratzinger were lying, or I suppose both could be.

John DeCamp quote:
Quote:
That’s right. It was exactly like Boston. I took it so seriously at the time that I went to Rome and met with Cardinal Ratzinger. He’s the one who has been in charge of this systemic problem in the church of priests involved in pedophilia. Ratzinger is now in the limelight over this issue, but he couldn’t get anyone to do anything 12 or 13 years ago when I was writing about this and filing my lawsuit.

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/hamilton/20100218.html

The Pieces of the Puzzle Are Falling into Place: Catholic Officials, a Global Web of Childhood Sexual Abuse, and the Judgment of History
By MARCI A. HAMILTON
Thursday, February 18, 2010

In 2002, the Boston Globe broke the story of Cardinal Bernard Law's cover-up of widespread childhood sexual abuse by serial pedophiles in the Boston Archdiocese. In the wake of the coverage, United States Senator Rick Santorum, himself a Catholic, declared what many assumed to be true -- that the problem was peculiar to Boston. According to Santorum, the child sexual abuse had been caused by the lax morals of a very liberal city.

Santorum's particular theory was laughable, but his core assumption that the problem was geographically limited needs to be examined carefully – for although this claim of exceptionalism has proved completely false, it has continued to be repeated, in other contexts, all over the country and the world. And as long as the problem of Catholic clergy child sex abuse is seen as local, ending it will be elusive – because strings are being pulled from high up in the hierarchy.

Pretending Each City's – and Diocese's – Problems Were Specific to It Alone

Yet, in 2002 and after, the media still covered the Boston story as if it were distinctive to Boston. And, after the Boston scandal broke, the Bishops held an emergency meeting in Dallas and declared that the issue was behind them. Of course, today we know that was hardly the case.

After the Boston situation received publicity, victims of child sex abuse by Catholic priests started coming forward in many other American cities, with the pattern of abuse and cover-up repeating itself again and again. There is no room here to list them all, but they have included Bridgeport (Conn.), Chicago, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Portland, San Diego, and Spokane. There were recycling bins for the abusers in New Mexico, Maryland, and Canada. A priest could abuse several children in just about any state, take a break in New Mexico (where more children could be abused), and then be sent back to either the original diocese for re-posting, or another city. A handful of honorable prosecutors made the issue a priority, documenting the problem through grand jury reports -- but only a handful. The assumption continued to be that this must be a localized problem in certain dioceses, not one that was endemic to the organization – that is, entrenched throughout the entire Catholic hierarchy and system.

The media in each city focused on the abuse in that city, and the bishops in each city said, after some abuse was finally brought to light, that it was all history now.

The Growing Realization that the Problem Was – and Is -- Greater and More General
Then the list of dioceses with sexual abuse allegations grew longer and longer -- to the point that no state was untouched. Priests started to complain that the "scandal" had started to taint all priests unfairly. Many lifelong – and especially, older -- Catholics rejected out of hand the notion that the problem was deep-seated, or that it might involve the entirety of the Church. For them, this was a short-term bump in the long history of the Catholic Church. Some, though, saw the pattern and formed the Voice of the Faithful -- a collection of devoted Catholics who see the child sex abuse scandal as having revealed an unfortunately built-in problem, not just an isolated set of criminal and tortious acts.

Editors began to treat the stories of abuse, though, as simply redundant, and often caved to the pressure from bishops not to engage in alleged "anti-Catholic bias" by covering one story after another about abuse by priests. The bishops hired public relations firms to spread the word that legislative reform in response to the knowledge of priest abuse was nothing but anti-Catholicism, and to repeat the false claim that all of the abuse had been publicly reported and was safely in the past.

However, lawsuits were filed in numerous jurisdictions, and discovery was demanded, with concomitant news coverage of the lengthening list of abuse allegations. The ambitious American bishops then began to vie among themselves as to who would be the most successful in turning back lawsuits and related legislative reform. Once again, there was an apparent pattern of behavior in response to the public revelations and the lawsuits. The very same arguments against the victims, their attorneys, and legislative reform in this area were floated in far-flung states -- from California, to Delaware, to Wisconsin, and more.

A Problem that Crossed Not Just State, But National Boundaries

Still, the media treated the cases as location-specific. Editors were driven by the need for a contemporary and local "news hook" and did not invest in investigative reporting to cover the (much) larger story. National coverage of the Holy See's 1962 document, Crimen Sollicitationis, which threatens excommunication for bringing "scandal" to the Church by telling outsiders about the sexual abuse of children was – and remains -- sparse. Yet that document provides an embarrassingly obvious hint that the problem was – and is -- endemic and entrenched, and that the cover-up has been constructed from the top down. Was the media in denial over child sex abuse (which is common in our society) or over heinous behavior by the largest church in the United States -- or both? Who knows? Either way, the denial was deep-rooted and pernicious, and unless one has been watching closely, the larger story has escaped the attention of most Americans.

The stories then started to float across the Atlantic from Ireland that many priests there had sexually abused Irish children. Lots and lots of children. Irish prosecutors dug deep and produced two reports. One report detailed how the Irish Church had victimized numerous children in church-run residential schools. Horrifying in itself, the report also served as a reminder of the many stories from Australia – stories that were never widely circulated in the United States -- of the omnipresent sexual and physical abuse of children in church-run residential schools there. The second report, which was 700 pages long and dubbed the "Murphy Report," and focused on the Dublin Archdiocese, painstakingly established that the hierarchy and the police had covered up persistent patterns of abuse. It also pointed to the Holy See as responsible in part for the perpetuation of abuse.

In the end, some Irish bishops were held accountable, with four even resigning after being shamed out of their offices. Then, the current Irish bishops demanded a meeting with the Pope, because they placed significant blame for the pattern of behavior on the Holy See. That meeting took place this week at the Holy See.

The Murphy Report also confirmed that Irish abusers were being shipped to the United States, where they abused American children. Some were sent back and some were permanently dumped here.

Meanwhile, at the same time that the Irish bishops were demanding accountability from the Holy See, discovery in a Wisconsin case -- as I discussed in my last column -- showed that the Holy See and in particular, then-Cardinal Ratzinger (who, of course, is now the Pope) were the official handlers for abusing priests in the United States. The exchanges that litigation unearthed show that there is little question that bishops operated under orders from the highest levels of the Roman Catholic hierarchy on the issue of clergy who had been caught sexually abusing children.

Thus, we have come to know with a certainty that at a minimum, Ireland, the United States, and the Holy See have been linked. And only the Holy See has transnational powers within the group.

Even while all of this information was developing, moreover, there was still a pervasive belief that certain clerical orders were beyond reproach on the issue, especially the widely-respected Jesuits. The lawsuits against the Jesuits for abuse in Alaska were not covered nationally in the media. Then, Germany erupted with stories of pervasive abuse in Jesuit-run schools. The sex-abuse victims are still coming forward, but one rector was recently quoted as saying that he expected that, in the end, they would identify over 100 victims of a single Jesuit perpetrator. And abuse is not limited to this one perpetrator; once again, it is pervasive. In other words, the situation in Germany is a mirror image of that depicted in the first Irish report and of the Australian experience with church-run residential schools. There is an undeniable pattern and web of connections, even for those who would do all that they can to deny child sex abuse and deny wrongdoing by the Roman Catholic Church. That pattern has led to suffering that is beyond human imagination.

Let's face it: there are only two options here: Either the repeated pattern of abuse and cover-up around the world constitutes a giant set of uncanny coincidences, or there is a single source of power directly responsible for the global pattern. The answer is obvious and that is why there are lawsuits currently pending against the Holy See in the United States. History will judge all of us if we do not bring this institution to account for the suffering of children. The Church officials' current behavior makes the selling of indulgences in the fifteenth century almost look quaint.
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:10 pm

And just to make sure the timeframe is appropriate, Wiki says this about the irish Murphy report:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy_Report

...This report was publicly released[2] on 26 November 2009.[3] The independent report was commissioned by the Irish government to investigate the way in which the church dealt with allegations of sexual abuse of children by priests over the period 1975 to 2004. It concluded that "the Dublin Archdiocese's pre-occupations in dealing with cases of child sexual abuse, at least until the mid 1990s, were the maintenance of secrecy, the avoidance of scandal, the protection of the reputation of the Church, and the preservation of its assets. All other considerations, including the welfare of children and justice for victims, were subordinated to these priorities. The Archdiocese did not implement its own canon law rules and did its best to avoid any application of the law of the State". The 720-page report said that it has "no doubt that clerical child sexual abuse was covered up" from January 1975 to May 2004.......

Which seems to include the timeframe that DeCamp was talking about with regards to his trip to the Vatican, at least with regards to sexual abuse that happened in Ireland, and we know that some of the Irish abusers were being sent to the US.
chiggerbit

Postby psynapz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 am

Bumping this thread after noticing that Larry King's name disappeared from the Staff roster at BMW of Sterling:

http://www.bmwofsterling.net/staff/

I'm not about to call to find out if he still works there. Knock yourselves out, gumshoes. :-)
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby Panic Weather » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 pm

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=64c_1388954958

John DeCamp: Columbine Shooters Victims of Sexual Predator Cops

After years of silence, John DeCamp has spoken out about what happened in the case against Solvay Pharmaceuticals where he represented Columbine survivor Mark Taylor.

John DeCamp is the Author of the Franklin Coverup, a former State Congressman, a Vietnam Veteran and the first attorney to sue the Catholic Church for sexually abusing children. Now that even the Pope admits it, let’s move on to the sexual predator cops.

In Mark Taylor v. Solvay Pharmaceuticals, there was no verdict, nor was there a settlement. A mistrial was declared and nearly 20,000 pages were put under seal. These include the deposition of Eric’s mother and many documents marked “Attorneys Eyes Only.” Through an intermediary, these documents were offered to the Denver Post in the Spring of 2013. They weren’t interested! The documents remain unpublished but now copies have been distributed to other agencies other than INI.

"07-1202 - Taylor v. Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
December 15, 2008

Terminated on the merits after oral hearing; Written, signed, published; Judges Kelly, Lucero and Hartz, author. Mandate to issue. [07-1186, 07-1202]"

According to Mark’s attorney John DeCamp, there was a conference in Chambers over the matter of introducing evidence supporting Solvay’s defense theory that the cause of Eric and Dylan’s intense anger was the repeated sexual assaults on the boys subsequent to their arrest for breaking into a van the previous year, 1998. Here’s a portion of a January 2013 radio interview where DeCamp discusses these issues. He clearly states, “[law enforcement handlers] used the boys for their own sexual needs and purposes.”

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=64c_1388 ... ZapeJLM.99

Video at website link can't be embedded here
Panic Weather

Postby tapitsbo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:54 pm

Re-reading this great thread, and can recommend that others do the same.
tapitsbo

Postby Marionumber1 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:02 pm

One question I have about Paloma's posts from back in 2009, even though they probably won't be here to answer it: how could DeCamp not be admitted to the federal bar when he argued Paul Bonacci's case in federal court throughout the 1990s?
Marionumber1

Previous

Return to Franklin Scandal