Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

What is it with Omaha?

Postby chiggerbit » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:28 pm

http://www.ketv.com/news/7304489/detail.html

Bond Set At $250K; Case Against Trooper Detailed
Hobbs Attorney Asked For Lower Bond

POSTED: 5:42 pm CST February 21, 2006
UPDATED: 6:21 pm CST February 21, 2006
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Bond was set on Tuesday at $250,000 for a 27-year veteran of the Nebraska State Patrol, and new details about his alleged crime were outlined in court.

On Friday, William Hobbs, 50, was arrested on suspicion that he sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl. Hobbs is charged with sexual assault of a child.

The former major appeared before a Lancaster County judge unshaven and in shackles. According to court records, the alleged victim disclosed during an interview that she had been repeatedly sexually assaulted by Hobbs, and the unwanted contact occurred from the time she was 12.

According to documents, the victim placed a recorded phone call to Hobbs, where she confronted him. During the call, records show, Hobbs never disputed to the victim the "sexual contact" occurred. Records show Hobbs promised to stop the activities that bothered the victim if she behaved.

Hobbs was arrested by Lancaster County sheriff's deputies on Friday at the state patrol headquarters. Over the weekend, he resigned.

Court records show that Hobbs denies any intentional sexual contact, but he did admit to investigators that he put his hand down the back of the alleged victim's pants to rub the back of her thigh. He denies any sexual intent.

On Tuesday, Hobbs' attorney questioned the bond set for his client.

"I don't have any other comment on this case," said attorney Dana London. "We'll be asking the court to review that bond at some point, unless my client is somehow able to get released."

A court affidavit shows that investigators learned about the alleged abuse on Friday. The alleged victim placed the recorded phone call to Hobbs at about 2:30 p.m. and 20 minutes later, deputies placed Hobbs under arrest.

Hobbs remained in jail Tuesday night.
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby chiggerbit » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:39 pm

WTF? ??? This is a stub at wiki??? Ok, I'm taking out the text, leaving the link. Even though it's at wiki it doesn't sound right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... d=48874978

External links
Omaha Mayor's Office
chiggerbit

Postby freemason9 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:11 pm

chiggerbit wrote:WTF? ??? This is a stub at wiki??? Ok, I'm taking out the text, leaving the link. Even though it's at wiki it doesn't sound right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... d=48874978

External links
Omaha Mayor's Office

Although Hal Daub is a douche, I think this story is largely fabricated. I'm actually more disturbed that it is available on Wiki. It's so far out that even I haven't heard it before, and I happen to know quite a lot about Omaha. Were there any citations with this?
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby lightningBugout » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:06 pm

You gotta love that someone like this has a page at WP while Michael Aquino is deemed to obscure to warrant a page.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby Maddy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:34 am

Was he deemed too obscure? He had a page there for a long time and it was very hotly debated. I thought he requested its removal due to that? :shock:
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby professorpan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Fuck Omaha.
professorpan

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Fuck Omaha.

Well, I suppose I could try, but I don't think I have the amount of hormones needed for the job.
chiggerbit

Postby Jeff » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:03 pm

chiggerbit wrote:What is it with Omaha?

1. Boys Town
2. Offutt AFB
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:40 pm

chiggerbit wrote:
Fuck Omaha.

Well, I suppose I could try, but I don't think I have the amount of hormones needed for the job.

:snoopdance:
Searcher08

Congressman Barney Frank was also ...

Postby sw » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Congressman Barney Frank was also named by victims of the political child sex ring in Omaha.

Makes me wonder if he new Gosch then and still knows him.

Barney Frank and the Male Prostitute – 1989

Feeding Frenzy The era of sour feelings on Capitol Hill continued after House Speaker James. C. Wright's resignation and the smear campaign against his successor, Thomas S. Foley. In a third blockbuster scandal, Massachusetts Democratic Rep. Barney Frank admitted a lengthy relationship with a male hooker who ran a bisexual prostitution service out of Frank's apartment.

The story was broken by the conservative Washington Times newspaper, which trumpeted every juicy morsel with front-page hype. Though Frank was apparently ignorant of some of the prostitute's activities, his indiscretion was so great that his standing in Congress was greatly damaged and a House reprimand passed overwhelmingly in July 1990. His home district in Massachusetts was more forgiving, reelecting him easily the following November.
sw

Postby operator kos » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Jeff wrote:1. Boys Town
2. Offutt AFB

Is there a connection between the two? I know Offutt was a stop for W on 9/11, but other than that I haven't heard anything special about it.
operator kos

Creighton University

Postby sw » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Also, Creighton University is close by. I think they recruit from Creighton.

On edit: maybe recruit is not the right word. But, I believe there is CU involvement but can't say exactly why I think they are also involved.
sw

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:16 pm

The story was broken by the conservative Washington Times newspaper

I always thought that 1989 series by the Washington Moonie Times was a bit like the pot calling the kettle black, considering Korea-gate of the 1970's.
chiggerbit

susie buffett

Postby sw » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Susie Buffet was mentioned in a book about being very involved with the Franklin Credit union and King from the very beginning. It was written in a book section of an online book that I could not cut and paste at the time.

I don't know about Warren Buffet but I doubt anything went down in Omaha without him being involved or at least knowing all about it.

I never liked going to Peony Park or Aksarben ice rink.
sw

Postby lightningBugout » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:26 pm

operator kos wrote:
Jeff wrote:1. Boys Town
2. Offutt AFB

Is there a connection between the two? I know Offutt was a stop for W on 9/11, but other than that I haven't heard anything special about it.

Offutt has been implicated in MC programs by numerous sources including Paul Bonacci.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Next

Return to Franklin Scandal