What is it with Omaha?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby freemason9 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:35 pm

Jeff wrote:
City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Why so many sex offenders? (Omaha, Lincoln: lawyers, buying a house, neighborhood)

03-05-2008

We are moving to Omaha in the summer, so I've been looking for a house in the Dundee area, which I think is beautiful. A friend told me to look in familywatchdog for sex offenders before buying a house, and for my surprise there are a lot in this area!!

We live in the Twin Cities and I found 42 sex offenders while in Omaha I found 157!!! I do not understand why there are so many being Omaha half the size of the Twin Cities.

Please someone help me understand this. I am freaking out right know. I have two daughters and it's a big concern of mine.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/omaha/27 ... nders.html

Well, I know Creighton University is near the Dundee area. So is UNO; maybe the presence of so many priests account for some of the sex offender numbers (Creighton is a Catholic University). Much of the old media of Omaha is either in or near Dundee. It's a community within a city, but I've never had the impression of anything sinister. It has a small downtown district with some trendy bars and cafeterias.

I dunno. My daughter and son-in-law live in Dundee. It's quiet, pedestrian-friendly, and charming for the most part. The nastier parts of Omaha might actually be to the west and south of Dundee, near Sleepy Hollow Road and Elmwood Park.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Wow. I pulled an all-nighter last night for my job, my mind is kind of a mess right now, and I just looked at the title of this thread and I swear it said:

"What is it with Obama"

Omaha. Obama.

:shock:

Hugh has gotten to me.
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

susie buffett

Postby sw » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 pm

I've read here before that Susie Buffett was a volunteer at Franklin Credit Union but I also wondered if she knew Lawrence King since both of them were singers.

I wondered this when I read about her love of singing in her obit...

Like her husband, Mrs. Buffett was born and raised in Omaha. Her father was a college professor and dean. Though their parents were acquainted, she did not meet Warren Buffett until her roommate at Northwestern University -- his sister, Roberta Buffett -- introduced them.

She occasionally performed as a cabaret singer and, in 1977, had a one-night performance at an Omaha theater. Soon after, she left her husband and moved to San Francisco, saying she wanted to pursue her singing career. She performed in New York and released several CDs. According to Roger Lowenstein's biography, "Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist," her husband was heartbroken by her move. Since 1978, he has lived with Astrid Menks.
sw

omaha

Postby sw » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 pm

more on Wadham:

One of Caradori's informants stated that Wadman was instrumental in bringing the drug-trafficking gangs, the Los Angeles-based Bloods and Cryps, into Omaha. According to a June 19, 1989 report by Caradori's predecessor at the Franklin committee, Jerry Lowe, members of the Bloods and Cryps were identified by local police as driving Larry King's car.
sw

Postby lightningBugout » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:33 am

Nordic wrote:Wow. I pulled an all-nighter last night for my job, my mind is kind of a mess right now, and I just looked at the title of this thread and I swear it said:

"What is it with Obama"

Omaha. Obama.

:shock:

Hugh has gotten to me.

What? Obama was involved with the Franklin Scandal? I'll email No Quarter and World Net Daily immediately!
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:10 pm

My god, as I'm trying to keep up with the deCamp thread developments, the tv is on behind me, and I hear 20/20 say that victim Carmina Salcido, whose father killed her mother and two toddler sisters in California, as well as trying to to also kill Carmina by cutting her throat, was later adopted into a whacky (my description), conservative Catholic family in Nebraska. Ok, it's not Omaha, but close enough.

It's time to ask. Why does the Frankiln conspiracy keep ricocheting off of the role of the Catholic Church in Boys Town and the Franklin conspiracy, as well as in Nebraska?

Ok, now i I see the text says she was adopted in Missouri, went into a convent in Nebraska at age 17:.

WARNING, this is a horrible and very violent story.
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/carmina-salc ... id=8835209

...With no relatives able to care for her, Carmina was adopted by an ultra-conservative Catholic family in Missouri, who she said proceeded to erase her identity -- right down to her name.

"To them, Carmina Salcido died April 14, 1989. And Cecilia lived. She was the miracle. She was the rebirth. She was a new person," she told "20/20."

Carmina Salcido, 23, works as a dog groomer in Sonoma County. Having grown up without her family, she describes herself today as a "solitary soldier" in life, though thoughts of her lost loved ones remain very close to her heart.
(Courtesy Carmina Salcido)
More Photos
Living in what she called a 19th century cultural time warp, Carmina said that "Cecilia" had limited contact with the outside world. At 15, she discovered a hidden box of newspaper clippings, which contained horror stories from her past life.

Carmina said that when she confronted her adoptive parents they told her in their minds, her past was a taboo trail, leading directly to hell.

"I was being told I was no better than my dad, that I had demon blood running in me, that I was, you know, I might as well have a cell next to him and live with him," she said.

To escape her adoptive family's home, Carmina joined a Nebraska convent at 17, becoming a cloistered nun at Sister Mariam of Jesus Crucified. After less than a year, she quit the convent and looked for a new home at a ranch for troubled teenage girls in Idaho....

Yeah, time warp. Here's a pic of one of Carmenita's grandfather's visits:

Last edited by chiggerbit on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:22 pm

chiggerbit

Re: What is it with Omaha?

Postby sw » Mon May 03, 2010 1:49 pm

I hang out at Half Price Books a lot reading books from all areas.

I came across a very interesting book based on the Edgar Cayce's readings which focused on the best places to live in future years. The maps and descriptions of what happens to different countries was very interesting. As far as the United States goes, I saw that the Omaha area would be one of the better places to live. It's kind of like being in a car when it gets hit from all directions. Middle rear seat is the best to survive a bad crash. This made me think of Omaha. Away from the problems of the East and West coasts. Away from Mexico. Cayce says most of the changes are gradual and others happen in the blink of the eye.

After reading about good places to live, I thought back to this thread. If his reading are on target, the best place for the United States to operate from is the Omaha area. It's not just because of its placement in the center of the country (which helps) but also because there are predictions of problems from the Great Lakes down south to the Gulf of Mexico.

After reading many books on Cayce, I can see where Omaha would be a perfect place for a new hub of operations for the country. It probably has been a hub for decades. That said, with it being a political hub, it is understandable that all the child sex rings would be there too. To find the elites, you don't always have to follow the money to find their bases, you can also look for the child sex hubs and assume the political base is close by.
sw

Previous

Return to Franklin Scandal