Where are they now?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

it's him

Postby sw » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:53 pm

It's the correct Larry King. Alice Ploche King is his wife. He may not live there or ever go there. I know he works at BMW of Sterling.

I was looking for Alice King. She's no better than him in my eyes.
sw

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jeff » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:29 am

King currently sits on the executive committee of the Medical Care for Children Partnership Foundation (MCCP), which "funds health care for the children of uninsured working families in Fairfax County. Despite being one of the wealthiest counties in the nation, there are still children in our community who don't have access to doctors and dentists when they need them."

And yeah, FWIW, Langley is in Fairfax County.

Also: King's DC party house, leasing for $11,000 a month (Take a virtual tour)

"Pardoe/ERA broker Jim Bell has 2441 California Street, N.W. under contract to Patrick Menasco and Joe Freeman. The seller is Victoria Grey. The Kalorama home near Embassy Row was built in 1923 and is a Spanish-style stucco house with five bedrooms and five full and one half baths. External accoutrements include a side porch and fenced rear patio. The home, which has been listed for $2,190,000, is currently the residence of Mary Tull, the volunteer coordinator of Achievement Advocate, an online mentoring program whose mission is to provide 4th through 6th graders with adult guidance and support. In the late 80's, the property gained some notoriety when it was rented to Lawrence E. King, Jr., the former executive director of the failed Franklin Community Federal Credit Union, who along with his wife Alice, was accused by Federal regulators of having diverted as much as $40 million from Franklin for personal and business use." (From 2004)
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby robotilt » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:49 pm

@sw

I'm in the Dallas area too. I've been trying to keep up with all the Franklin threads, but I'm still unclear about what King's wife is doing in Garland. Do you know what the Dallas connection is? Is it where Mrs King was from originally?
robotilt

king

Postby sw » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:03 am

Hi robo,

not sure why Alice King chose Dallas area.

sw
sw

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:10 am

I think that John deCamp is still in contact with Paul Bonacci, who he described as being married with a family.

I would have thought that all of Paul's diaries would be potentially very important. I have heard that sometimes people who have had multiples created can have 'parts' which have extremely good memory.

If Bonacci was able to get sketchs made of some of the people who abused him, it could be very useful to compare those people with eg the top level of the Republican / Democratic party at the time.

The is now free web based software which one can use to do face aging

The point I want to make is that we should not work out of an assumption that the people who abused Paul are necessarily beyond justice - we now have the Web and it can be a great and unexpected powerful ally.
Searcher08

Postby Percival » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Whatever became of the WEBBS since it was Nelly's accussations against this that started it all. I know they were never charged and I wonder what they are up to today? Anyone know?
Percival

update

Postby sw » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:22 pm

I found some new names to look up. I am still trying to find people with the last name of Evans linked to King since Owens said Rod Evans and a few other boys with the last name of Evans who were child victims on the sex trips.

No idea, but wondered if this first Evans listed is related to the Evans boys mentioned by Owens.

Payroll List

Not all of the people listed on the payroll records worked at Franklin's main office, 1723 N. 33rd St., or at the south branch at 2429 M St., employees said.

They said the payroll list also included people who worked for King's private businesses, such as:

- Rodney Evans, who manages the Cafe Carnavale restaurant. Evans declined to answer questions about why he is shown on CSO's payroll.

- Omar Tinsley, who testified Friday in U.S. District Court that he is employed as a chef by the King Co. catering business.

- Tony Evans and Patrick Thompson, also employees of the King Co.

- Keith Allerton, part owner and operator of the Upstairs Dinner Theatre, 221 S. 19th St. Allerton said he did public relations work for Larry King Enterprises and was not employed by Franklin or CSO.

Allerton said he received his paychecks from CSO "as a courtesy" from King, since Allerton's public relations business had only one client and was not prepared to set up a billing system. The paychecks included withholding for Social Security and state and federal income taxes.

Allerton said he did public relations work, prepared public service announcements and promoted King's fund-raising benefits. He said he also did extensive work, drawing on his theatrical background, for Brownell-Talbot school's annual fund-raiser that King organized.

Germaine Attebery, manager of King's rented house in Washington, D.C., also received her salary through CSO.

Karen Lloyd, a former CSO employee, remains on the payroll, even though she heads the non-profit Cooperative Development Inc. that operates the Martin Luther King day-care center. She said King agreed to pay salaries for her and another employee as a donation from CSO.

Morrow said he did not know why the names of people who were not Franklin or CSO employees were on the payroll list.
sw

this

Postby sw » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Wow, the Kings were from Chicago and are related to Robinson's. Do you think Alice's side of the family is related to the Obamas? Probably not. But this is the most I've found on Alice Ploche King's family.

Alice King was born in Chicago in 1946 to Leon R. and Lilith S. Ploche. Dr. Ploche was a physician and dentist who practiced in Chicago at least part of the time between 1919 and his death in 1953 at age 59.

Records filed with the American Medical Association and the American Dental Association show that Dr. Ploche was born in Santiago, Cuba, in 1893; graduated from Kingston (Jamaica) High School in 1909; and completed dental school at the University of Illinois in 1919.

For the next 12 years, Dr. Ploche was enrolled at various Chicago-area schools and was a dentist in a blue-collar residential part of Chicago. In 1931, he graduated from Rush Medical College and was licensed as a medical doctor, state records show.

The AMA records list only one location for Dr. Ploche's medical practice: the 1649 Grand Ave. address in Chicago where he had been a dentist.

ADA directories from 1947, 1950 and 1953 indicate that Dr. Ploche - or perhaps his practice - had moved to 2958 North Ave. in Chicago, described as "a very nice middle-income neighborhood" by a woman who grew up in the area at the time Dr. Ploche was there.

Dr. Ploche died of cardiac failure Feb. 1, 1953, in Kingston, Jamaica, AMA records show. A death notice in the Daily Gleaner newspaper in Kingston did not list survivors but said services would be conducted both in Kingston and in Chicago, where Dr. Ploche was to be buried.

Morrow has said Alice King lived in Jamaica for a period of time before returning to her Chicago birthplace. The Kings were married in Chicago in 1968, but apparently did not live there. King worked for First National Bank in Omaha for a short time before taking the job with Franklin in 1970. Mrs. King worked for the United Way as volunteer coordinator.

Even 10 years ago or so, the Kings attracted attention in Omaha because they seemed to entertain more frequently, give larger gifts and spend more money than their incomes appeared to justify.

Friends and acquaintances said they inferred - or, in a few cases, were told directly by the Kings - that Alice had family money.

Hecht, for example, said he once talked to Alice King about her family background in Jamaica. "She told me her family owns a rum factory in Jamaica," he said.

Later, Hecht said, he received information about Alice King's family that convinced him that her relatives didn't own a rum factory.

A former friend said King spoke about receiving $25,000 every three months from a trust fund.

Another acquaintance said Alice King described her father as a former government official in Jamaica and spoke generally about having to flee to the United States to avoid some sort of civil unrest.

The NCUA, in its lawsuit against Mrs. King, has accused her of "representing and supporting her husband in his representation to third parties that their apparent wealth was a result of money from her family."

"That was just a ruse," said one official close to the investigation of King and the credit union.

The World-Herald interviewed journalists, historians, Jamaican officials in both Jamaica and the country's U.S. Embassy, and U.S. Embassy officials in Jamaica.

Those interviewed said it would not be unlikely that Dr. Ploche was Jamaican, despite being born in Cuba. Many Jamaicans migrated to Cuba to seek work in the late 19th century, they said.

But only two people recalled hearing the Ploche name: Brigadier Dunstan Robinson and his brother, Leacroft Robinson.

The Robinsons said they know the Kings and may even be distantly related to Alice through her father, although the brothers did not agree on that point.

The Kings have stayed with the Robinsons in Jamaica, and Leacroft Robinson said he has visited the Kings in Omaha.

Dunstan Robinson said he was the "major general" whom the Kings visited in an August 1974 trip to Jamaica, according to a World-Herald article. The article said the general and other Jamaican officials were related to Mrs. King.

Dunstan Robinson was chief of staff of the Jamaican Defense Force during part of the 1970s under Prime Minister Michael Manley.

Leacroft Robinson, a lawyer, was attorney general of Jamaica from 1972 to 1976.

Leacroft Robinson said he believes that he was "distantly related" to Alice King.

"I gathered that Alice's father was a cousin, or second or third cousins, of my mother," Robinson said. "Alice's parents left Jamaica probably before I was born (in 1916)."

But Dunstan Robinson said he knew of no blood relationship with the Ploche family. The Ploches were friends of his parents.

"Because her parents were such close friends of my parents, Alice likes to think she is related to us," Robinson said. "She has that feeling of kinness."

That isn't unusual for Jamaica, he said. He said it is customary for close family friends to be described as "aunts" or "uncles."

In any case, the Robinsons said, they know Alice King and her husband.

"Certainly they visited us several times," Dunstan Robinson said. "They spent a week or so in my home."

Leacroft Robinson said Alice King stayed with him for two days in 1988 while attending a wedding in Jamaica.

In his deposition, King told the NCUA's attorney that neither he nor his wife own property in Jamaica.

The Robinsons said they did not know of any investments or property that the Kings had on the island. They said the Robinson family is not giving the Kings any money.

"My family has not been a wealthy family," Dunstan Robinson said.

Said Leacroft Robinson: "The attorney general's salary in Jamaica is nowhere near the salary of a good bus driver in the United States."

People familiar with the Robinson family said they are well-off, but do not appear to have great wealth.

Neither Robinson said they knew of any other relatives, aside from the Robinson family, that Alice King had in Jamaica.

"The only relatives that Alice had would be us," Leacroft Robinson said.

Ed Rath/World-Herald King . . . Questions surround his business operations.

Ed Rath/World-Herald Mrs. King . . . lived in Jamaica for a time.
sw

Re: this

Postby Percival » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:39 pm

sw wrote:Wow, the Kings were from Chicago and are related to Robinson's. Do you think Alice's side of the family is related to the Obamas? Probably not. But this is the most I've found on Alice Ploche King's family.

Alice King was born in Chicago in 1946 to Leon R. and Lilith S. Ploche. Dr. Ploche was a physician and dentist who practiced in Chicago at least part of the time between 1919 and his death in 1953 at age 59.

Records filed with the American Medical Association and the American Dental Association show that Dr. Ploche was born in Santiago, Cuba, in 1893; graduated from Kingston (Jamaica) High School in 1909; and completed dental school at the University of Illinois in 1919.

For the next 12 years, Dr. Ploche was enrolled at various Chicago-area schools and was a dentist in a blue-collar residential part of Chicago. In 1931, he graduated from Rush Medical College and was licensed as a medical doctor, state records show.

The AMA records list only one location for Dr. Ploche's medical practice: the 1649 Grand Ave. address in Chicago where he had been a dentist.

ADA directories from 1947, 1950 and 1953 indicate that Dr. Ploche - or perhaps his practice - had moved to 2958 North Ave. in Chicago, described as "a very nice middle-income neighborhood" by a woman who grew up in the area at the time Dr. Ploche was there.

Dr. Ploche died of cardiac failure Feb. 1, 1953, in Kingston, Jamaica, AMA records show. A death notice in the Daily Gleaner newspaper in Kingston did not list survivors but said services would be conducted both in Kingston and in Chicago, where Dr. Ploche was to be buried.

Morrow has said Alice King lived in Jamaica for a period of time before returning to her Chicago birthplace. The Kings were married in Chicago in 1968, but apparently did not live there. King worked for First National Bank in Omaha for a short time before taking the job with Franklin in 1970. Mrs. King worked for the United Way as volunteer coordinator.

Even 10 years ago or so, the Kings attracted attention in Omaha because they seemed to entertain more frequently, give larger gifts and spend more money than their incomes appeared to justify.

Friends and acquaintances said they inferred - or, in a few cases, were told directly by the Kings - that Alice had family money.

Hecht, for example, said he once talked to Alice King about her family background in Jamaica. "She told me her family owns a rum factory in Jamaica," he said.

Later, Hecht said, he received information about Alice King's family that convinced him that her relatives didn't own a rum factory.

A former friend said King spoke about receiving $25,000 every three months from a trust fund.

Another acquaintance said Alice King described her father as a former government official in Jamaica and spoke generally about having to flee to the United States to avoid some sort of civil unrest.

The NCUA, in its lawsuit against Mrs. King, has accused her of "representing and supporting her husband in his representation to third parties that their apparent wealth was a result of money from her family."

"That was just a ruse," said one official close to the investigation of King and the credit union.

The World-Herald interviewed journalists, historians, Jamaican officials in both Jamaica and the country's U.S. Embassy, and U.S. Embassy officials in Jamaica.

Those interviewed said it would not be unlikely that Dr. Ploche was Jamaican, despite being born in Cuba. Many Jamaicans migrated to Cuba to seek work in the late 19th century, they said.

But only two people recalled hearing the Ploche name: Brigadier Dunstan Robinson and his brother, Leacroft Robinson.

The Robinsons said they know the Kings and may even be distantly related to Alice through her father, although the brothers did not agree on that point.

The Kings have stayed with the Robinsons in Jamaica, and Leacroft Robinson said he has visited the Kings in Omaha.

Dunstan Robinson said he was the "major general" whom the Kings visited in an August 1974 trip to Jamaica, according to a World-Herald article. The article said the general and other Jamaican officials were related to Mrs. King.

Dunstan Robinson was chief of staff of the Jamaican Defense Force during part of the 1970s under Prime Minister Michael Manley.

Leacroft Robinson, a lawyer, was attorney general of Jamaica from 1972 to 1976.

Leacroft Robinson said he believes that he was "distantly related" to Alice King.

"I gathered that Alice's father was a cousin, or second or third cousins, of my mother," Robinson said. "Alice's parents left Jamaica probably before I was born (in 1916)."

But Dunstan Robinson said he knew of no blood relationship with the Ploche family. The Ploches were friends of his parents.

"Because her parents were such close friends of my parents, Alice likes to think she is related to us," Robinson said. "She has that feeling of kinness."

That isn't unusual for Jamaica, he said. He said it is customary for close family friends to be described as "aunts" or "uncles."

In any case, the Robinsons said, they know Alice King and her husband.

"Certainly they visited us several times," Dunstan Robinson said. "They spent a week or so in my home."

Leacroft Robinson said Alice King stayed with him for two days in 1988 while attending a wedding in Jamaica.

In his deposition, King told the NCUA's attorney that neither he nor his wife own property in Jamaica.

The Robinsons said they did not know of any investments or property that the Kings had on the island. They said the Robinson family is not giving the Kings any money.

"My family has not been a wealthy family," Dunstan Robinson said.

Said Leacroft Robinson: "The attorney general's salary in Jamaica is nowhere near the salary of a good bus driver in the United States."

People familiar with the Robinson family said they are well-off, but do not appear to have great wealth.

Neither Robinson said they knew of any other relatives, aside from the Robinson family, that Alice King had in Jamaica.

"The only relatives that Alice had would be us," Leacroft Robinson said.

Ed Rath/World-Herald King . . . Questions surround his business operations.

Ed Rath/World-Herald Mrs. King . . . lived in Jamaica for a time.

Interesting! While Robinson is probably a popular name, especially in Chicago, we all know that it is a small world indeed when it comes to crime and corruption, you may have just found a neat little connection there.
Percival

irl r. Carmean

Postby sw » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Police Officer from Omaha who was doing a good job until he was pulled from the case. : Irl R. Carmean

Name: Irl Carmean
School: Houston Community College (all campuses)
Department: Criminal Justice

8/26/08 CRIJ1310 3 5 5 5 He definately knows what he is talking about. You will really learn from this teacher. Take his class!!!
sw

Nick O'Hara

Postby sw » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Former FBI Omaha SAC, Nicholas O'Hara is currently working as Under Sheriff for the Ramsey County Sheriff's office.

I called and spoke to him. I told him I was a victim from the Franklin sex ring. I told him I wanted to thank him for his work on the case. He said it sounded like I was doing very well in the aftermath. I said I was, but was disappointed in the justice that never took place.

He said it was a tough case, he said the FBI portion of the case was the bank portion and their jurisdiction was not the child abuse aspect. He said that stuff is very hard to prove especially if people are dealing with recovered memories. He said even if you have a good case, the DA often won't take the case. He said it can be very frustrating.

I said I was very disappointed in the law enforcement handling especially since I hold the FBI in high esteem and they let it go.

I could tell his phone was ringing and he had people in his office and was busy. He did offer to have me call back and talk more later in the day, but I said, no, I just wanted to say thank you for your work.

I just wanted to hear what he felt about the case in the aftermath. It was kind of like when I originally confronted my dad, I was curious.

He was nice and not the least bit defensive. He even sounded kind. Makes me wonder if he is, or if he's a great fake.
sw

Previous

Return to Franklin Scandal