Ronald Roskens and the Franklin scandal

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Ronald Roskens and the Franklin scandal

Postby Marionumber1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:24 pm

One of the many prominent Nebraska citizens implicated in the Franklin scandal was Ronald Roskens, president of the University of Nebraska system from 1977 until his abrupt firing in 1989. On p.177 of The Franklin Cover-Up, John DeCamp mentions that Larry King was on Roskens's chancellor advisory committee, and then cites a report by Gary Caradori (1989 should probably be 1990):

Caradori notes from February 19, 1989 wrote:I was informed that Roskins was terminated by the state because of sexual activities reported to the Regents and verified by them. Mr. Roskins was reported to have had young men at his residence for sexual encounters. As part of the separation from the state, he had to move out of the state-owned house because of the liability to the state if some of this sexual behavior was "illegal." Upon Roskins vacating the house, he was provided a house by Joe Seacrist of the Lincoln Journal-Star.

Homosexuality was legal at that time, so "illegal" would mean child molestation. Of course, Caradori's informant, who may or may not be credible, doesn't prove anything on its own. I haven't been able to find much more about the Roskens pedophilia allegations. However, I do find it curious that he was fired in a secret meeting by the Board of Regents, after which they refused to say why he was fired, yet denied it had anything to do with a moral impropriety on his part.

Roskens was then offered a job as USAID director by George H.W. Bush only a couple months later (Washington Post, "BUSH PICKS NEBRASKA EDUCATOR TO HEAD AID", 1989/11/02). This excerpt is quite interesting as well:

While chancellor at the Omaha campus, Roskens engineered a contract with AID to finance an exchange program with the University of Kabul in Afghanistan. Later, as system president, he oversaw campus initiatives for AID contracts that included a $30 million project by the Omaha campus to provide educational support for children in Afghanistan and Afghan refugees in Pakistan.

And what did that "educational support" entail? Another Washington Post article gives an indication:

In the twilight of the Cold War, the United States spent millions of dollars to supply Afghan schoolchildren with textbooks filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings, part of covert attempts to spur resistance to the Soviet occupation

[...]

Published in the dominant Afghan languages of Dari and Pashtu, the textbooks were developed in the early 1980s under an AID grant to the University of Nebraska-Omaha and its Center for Afghanistan Studies. The agency spent $51 million on the university's education programs in Afghanistan from 1984 to 1994.

During that time of Soviet occupation, regional military leaders in Afghanistan helped the U.S. smuggle books into the country. They demanded that the primers contain anti-Soviet passages. Children were taught to count with illustrations showing tanks, missiles and land mines, agency officials said. They acknowledged that at the time it also suited U.S. interests to stoke hatred of foreign invaders.

"I think we were perfectly happy to see these books trashing the Soviet Union," said Chris Brown, head of book revision for AID's Central Asia Task Force.

So Roskens seems to have been involved in a USAID initiative to foment jihadism, aiding the CIA's ongoing operation in Afghanistan. This makes him appear like a spook operative, and adds to the likelihood he associated with Larry King (who was a CIA asset), but it still provides no information on the pedophilia charges.

I did find a weird comment on the now-deleted http://eyeonomahahockeyclub.blogspot.com blog, which was reposted on Lunatic Outpost and other conspiracy forums:

We are speaking of the Penn State child molestations by Coach Sanduski. It seems these things turn up wherever current Penn State chancellor, Graham Spanier works.

In our years of chasing pedophiles Graham Spaniers name has turned up time and again. When he was the Chancellor at Nebraska University one of his underlings, Ronald Roskens, was fired from NU because he was repeatedly caught with young boys in his home.Victims swore out affidavits to myself and Investigators Gary Caradori and Karen Hughes in 1989. Hughesnet111 and Caracorp did in fact produce 4 surveillance photos that led to Rosken's termination after they were presented to the N.U. Board Of Regents and the Lincoln Police Department.

Spanier and Roskens are both "closeted" gay men who are sexually aroused by young boys.They are "classic" pedophiles. Spanier has ties to former Franklin Credit Union President and convicted felon / child molester Larry King as well as a long list of known pedophiles throughout the United States. Several of Spaniers "military friends" were recently charged in an international pedophile scandal at the Department of Defense. Spanier was also a close friend and longtime "associate" of convicted child molester and former Gladiator official, Dr. Daniel Schrien. Yes, Graham Spanier, former Cornhusker hack and current Nittany Lion hack.

You can taste the wicked irony as the Cornhuskers and Nittany lions meet this weekend. It is very bizarre and former Nebraska Cornhusker official / university Chancellor Graham Spanier is right smack in the middle of it. The whole story drips with disgrace and pure evil. Both universities have alot of blood on their hands when it comes to pedophilia and "conspiracies of denial".

Guard your children folks. There is an evil force slithering through youth, college, amateur and pro sports today that can reach out and touch your family anywhere, anytime in any town. Pay attention or the devil will.

Sincerely,
Brent Goodwin / US Naval Intelligence / former CIA field officer / homicide detective / and current member of The Hughesnet111 Staff.

Some guy named Brent Goodwin claims that he was part of a private investigation group called "Hughesnet111" led by Karen Hughes, which worked with Caradori's investigative company Caracorp to collect surveillance photos and victim statements of Roskens having sex with young boys. I found nothing to validate his claims, or even any evidence that "Hughesnet111" exists. Still, I found it worthwhile to do a public records request to the Lincoln Police Department on Ronald Roskens.

They found nothing on Roskens for sex crimes, but after I asked them to broaden the search, legal adviser Tonya Peters gave me an interesting piece of unprompted information:

I wasn’t familiar with the Roskens name, but I spoke to someone who has been around here a little longer. My understanding that the Roskens name was associated with the Franklin scandal. For the most part that deal was investigated in Omaha, so you may want to try the Omaha Police Department or the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. Other possible sources would be the Nebraska State Patrol or University of Nebraska Police.

For what it's worth, I did try the University of Nebraska police as well, and they had nothing on Roskens. But I was fascinated that someone at the Lincoln Police Department knew about Roskens's alleged involvement in the Franklin scandal, without me bringing it up in any way. Though it still can't be treated as confirmation of anything, I view it as an indication that Caradori's informant may well have been credible. And I continue to search for more definitive evidence. Maybe these police departments have nothing on Roskens because he was actually innocent, or maybe the records were deleted to protect someone of his political importance.
Marionumber1

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Ronald Roskens and the Franklin scandal

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Thanks for this. Note that we do have a whole thread on ol' boy:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=35109
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Franklin Scandal