Has anyone ever tried to interview Paul Bonacci?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

A few quibbles

Postby Dreams End » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:03 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>A good case has been made that the FBI were relatively straight-shooters until they began getting corrupted by the nexus they encountered of DEA/CIA/IRS/Customs etc. -linked crime corruption, esp. drugs and arms-smuggling in the early to mid 80s under cover of the Bush et al.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>You mean in the relatively short time period between Hoover and the 80's? Actually, FBI never stopped their Cointelpro tactics...at LEAST through the nineties, so I don't know that we can say they, or at least not ALL of them, were ever straight shooters. Interestingly, remember that Mark Felts, now revealed as "Deep Throat" was the next in line (in his mind) for Hoover's position and had Hoover's files of compromising info on all kinds of folks. I don't know what happened to that info.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Ray McGovern, ex-CIA agent, formed a group in Jan. 2003 called Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) after realizing the CIA was being corrupted by political pressure.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I have never seen McGovern say anything I disagreed with, really. But to say that the CIA is only now being "corrupted by political pressure" well, again, they have a long history, starting on day one of all kinds of bad things. Assassinations, coups, election fixing and, of course, mind control experiments. I don't know what to make of all these ex-CIA guys. Some people say there is no such thing as "ex-CIA". <br><br>I do think there may be a real power struggle going on in the upper echelons. I personally don't have a problem with CIA agents being outed, for example. I encourage it, in fact. Until they stop their criminal behavior (won't happen) they should ALL be outed. Still, the outing of Plame would certainly have pissed the Agency off, as well as putting the blame on the "bad Iraq intelligence" on them. <br><br>It gets murkier still when people like "ex-NSA" guy Wayne Madsen (featured in FTW and Counterpunch among other sites) starts writing that (though this didn't happen) if the '04 elections are fixed, some in the military are prepared to move in for a coup. He was saying this to drum up "support!" for this coup among the left.<br><br>All this could be part of one grand plan to justify a military takeover, or evidence of different groups jockeying for position in a coming power grab. Who knows? <br><br>One day in the secret files...that's all I ask!<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Previous

Return to Franklin Scandal